19. Asu Kepaoa
20. Justin Matamua
21. Solomon Alaimalo
22. Jake Simpkin
Coach: Benji Marshall

INS: Latu Fainu, Alex Twal

OUTS: Lachlan Galvin (dangerous contact), Asu Kepaoa

Thought this would be the line up when we heard Latu is on the bench

Who's going to give Api a spell if he needs it?
Doubt he’ll need one. But if for whatever reason he comes off, Fainu to the halves, Sullivan to dummy half.

Nice work Benji- can't get the kids on the field soon enough! Fainu to make Galvin expendable.... :p

Shout out to Solomon Alaimalo for making the extended bench. His first outing was rough but making steady improvements every week. Hoping he can take over a spot mid year so our wing stocks look solid going into next year!

Its a good Dolphins team. Be a great game
I’m worried about us backing up in 5 days. A few of our oldies may be gassed after 2 big performances and I think Bennetts tactics will be to run us around.
Another huge test for our new found defensive grit and determination. But the best teams are able to do it, plus we seem to go all right at Suncorp.

the side that was expected with the exception of the man in jersey 14.

a very exciting time for WT fans and the Fainu family. Latu was the guy coming thru. the cannot miss talent with the bag of tricks that was given an exemption to play SG Ball two years young.

these last few years watching him closely you can see a steely resolve that has begun to emerge. he hits like a bus in defence. he kicks long. he takes the option that gets his team to the right point of the field. traits like these will ensure he succeeds at NRL level early in his career.

we've been incredibly lucky to watch Lachlan Galvin perform in firsts the way he has, but Latu is a little different. he's a touch more passive and a pass first type. it's unfair to compare the two though, despite the fact that they play the same position. chances are he'll probably play in the middle for the most part, but he certainly won't let anyone down.

Saturday night is the perfect time to inject some fresh young talent into our side after a brutal encounter and a five day turnaround. let's hope the boys give him a debut to remember. go well young fella.

As predicted..and Galvins absence will not only help him recover in his first year of NRL,but allow us to take a really good look at his replacements..
Got a feeling one will step up..and the other will show why he struggled to crack the 1sts at the spoon contenders
But great opportunity for both to step up just like Galvin did
Think Dessie and Gould will be close observers!

Its a good Dolphins team. Be a great game

It's going to be a massive effort to win this week. 5 day turnaround and interstate trip, classic NRL hopelessness. If Benji can get the boys up again under these circumstances and after a physical game on Monday it will be a huge achievement. I have this one pencilled in as a loss I'm afraid.

Staff online

Back