TEAM LIST Round 5 vs. Dolphins

Team List
Predictable team however Latu will need to play a lot better than he did in yesterdays cup game .Maybe possible as his brother Samuela is turning into a gun and Sullivan will need to improve dramatically .Naden listed at 18 is getting close

It's going to be a massive effort to win this week. 5 day turnaround and interstate trip, classic NRL hopelessness. If Benji can get the boys up again under these circumstances and after a physical game on Monday it will be a huge achievement. I have this one pencilled in as a loss I'm afraid.
I’m going to the game and am a jinx so I reckon you’re right Sirro.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Yeah pretty shit the 5 day turnaround AND having to travel interstate... Lose about TWO days prep
Good we seemed. To come. Out of yesterday OK injuries wise

Going to be a very interesting test for the team.

This isn’t a backup game this is a short prep/travel/low down emotional style game for us - very different from the last 2.

Normally one we get thumped in.

Another test of character on how as a team we are building. Hopefully they are believing in themselves more as each week builds.

Going to be a very interesting test for the team.

This isn’t a backup game this is a short prep/travel/low down emotional style game for us - very different from the last 2.

Normally one we get thumped in.

Another test of character on how as a team we are building. Hopefully they are believing in themselves more as each week builds.
I think this is a huge week for the reasons you state. Going to be very interesting. Dolphins doing plenty right ATM but surely we can't underestimate the team coming first haha

As predicted..and Galvins absence will not only help him recover in his first year of NRL,but allow us to take a really good look at his replacements..
Got a feeling one will step up..and the other will show why he struggled to crack the 1sts at the spoon contenders
But great opportunity for both to step up just like Galvin did
Think Dessie and Gould will be close observers!
Either of them can have Bud… full freight and a player swap

I like what Benji has done with his selections here. Sullivan had a shit game against Canberra but there were 16 other mates in the same boat so I think he deserves another chance. I would normally not be a fan of having Sullivan rotate with Api; however, given the short turn around I think it is an astute move and will provide an opportunity to blood and assess Latu.

Twal, Seyfath and Samuela provide good rotation for the middles who will be feeling the five day turn around. It will be a big ask; but our guys are riding a wave at the moment and are showing some great heart. If we are able to start well and not gift the Phins field postion and possession we are in with a good chance. If we gift possession and field position after a quick turn around it will be a hard day at the office - probably harder than we made it for ourlselves yesterday.

Last edited:
I’m a big watch on Latu coming into the starting side either 24 hours or an hour before kick off.
I reckon that’s the way I would go. Takes the pressure off during the week. And if Bud gets hooked again he’s not coming back from that for awhile. I reckon Latu can handle it from what I seen of his limited game time for Tonga.

I reckon that’s the way I would go. Takes the pressure off during the week. And if Bud gets hooked again he’s not coming back from that for awhile. I reckon Latu can handle it from what I seen of his limited game time for Tonga.
He’s looked much more organised than Bud in the little bit I’ve seen of him.

Our wins are coming from some solid defence.
Zero confidence in Sullivan....

Hope there's a last minute switcheoo and that's the case.
I agree, but we need to see if Bud can stand up and show his worth. This will be a game of two halves. The first half will be Jayden, the second will be Latu. Having Galvin out for 2 weeks is actually a good thing imo. We'll get some clarity about the current pairings.

Aidan isn't going anywhere. He's looking as sharp as he was at Canberra,

the side that was expected with the exception of the man in jersey 14.

a very exciting time for WT fans and the Fainu family. Latu was the guy coming thru. the cannot miss talent with the bag of tricks that was given an exemption to play SG Ball two years young.

these last few years watching him closely you can see a steely resolve that has begun to emerge. he hits like a bus in defence. he kicks long. he takes the option that gets his team to the right point of the field. traits like these will ensure he succeeds at NRL level early in his career.

we've been incredibly lucky to watch Lachlan Galvin perform in firsts the way he has, but Latu is a little different. he's a touch more passive and a pass first type. it's unfair to compare the two though, despite the fact that they play the same position. chances are he'll probably play in the middle for the most part, but he certainly won't let anyone down.

Saturday night is the perfect time to inject some fresh young talent into our side after a brutal encounter and a five day turnaround. let's hope the boys give him a debut to remember. go well young fella.
Excellent post mate. Well done 👍

He’s looked much more organised than Bud in the little bit I’ve seen of him.
Yeah i reckon he looks more of a go’er. When the chips are down he will still be fighting for every blade of grass. Where as I don’t see that in Bud, but when his teams on top Bud can do some damage. I’d be starting Latu. Bud stays at 14. I like making minimal changes too.

Dolphins are looking decent atm but have also played some very average sides. hopefully we turn up with the right mindset and really put it to them.
It’s a valid point.
The Dolphins got pumped by the cowboys and then they beat the Dragons and Titans so not up to the Sharks / Eels level in reality.
We might be more primed for this than we think.

Latest posts

Back