TEAM LIST Round 5 vs. Dolphins

Team List
How did Latu look or appear?
He looked ok, he was mostly on the opposed side with the rest of the bench.
The all blacks player is huge, tall and built. If he gets it right he could be a big addition to the team. It’s a big if, he needs to work hard on using his size with power runs. Hopefully that comes in time.

Thats the problem though. He shows glimpses and then goes to mud for weeks before showing glimpses again.
Yeah... hopeful he will mature as a player this year.

Consistency is key.
The players seem to be very receptive to Benji, so hopefully Seyfarth continues his good form and we see positive development.

That team didn't have anywhere near the talent we have today... Say what you want about Cleary but he had a rubbish team playing well above their standards that year.

This was the team Round 1 2018:

View attachment 11254
Anyone know what happened to Matt McIlwrick?
I have a vague recollection of him playing a few good games for us.

I expect that the weather will suit us more that the Phins. Sullivan/Latu around waterlogged forwards is a great advantage to us if we can win the middle. While the Phins have some great outside backs their effectiveness will be reduced by the weather and our defence out wide has been pretty good over the last two weeks.

By the same token weather is a great equaliser; as we saw against Penrith last year.

I expect it to be close but the grit we have shown in defence should give us the foundation to work from. If we can win control the ball and rotate our middles well and at the same time rotate Api, Bud and Latu to have fresh legs in attack I think we have an edge. Using Bula up the middle as well in wet conditions could be an Ace.

If the weather is as predicted this game should be won by passes that don't travel much more than a metre!
Hoppefully with the wet the line speed won't be such an issue for us and we will compete more without having to infringe like against Parra
A decent share of possesion and keeping it tight.... As you say shorter passes... A good. Kicking game from Sezar should hopefully keep us well in this game

Well can confirm , it is blue skies and sun here in brissie and rain has dropped to 7% chance. Maybe a bit later today but nothing like Newcastle was getting. Expect the ground will dry out today...Should be a fast track.

Well can confirm , it is blue skies and sun here in brissie and rain has dropped to 7% chance. Maybe a bit later today but nothing like Newcastle was getting. Expect the ground will dry out today...Should be a fast track.
It’s sunny in Sydney as well. Heard Ginane say last night today was going to be even worse than today. Don’t know what radar he was looking at.

Back