LIVE GAME Round 5 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
Maybe the Ice crash plays to try and make up for poor attempted tackle on Marshall -King equally as brain dead.
We were thereabouts most of the night but seemed a bit all over the place.
A full weeks prep, a more settled team, at the 9th wonder of the world next Sunday, should see us back in the winners circle.
We still struggle to score points. Less than 18 points in three of our four games. It’s not enough to consistently win.

We need 2 start swinging it to our edges more like
other teams. We've got the forwards & can play up
the middle if we want. We have to start being more
expansive and trust our centres and wingers

Twal hindered Nikorima's ability to get square which had no effect on the play, he didn't hinder Donaghue. 9 times out of 10 that's a penalty to us.

However what an idiot Twal is, brain-dead running that direction.
in my opinion he hindered the both of them though obviously Nikorima moreso. How can you claim 9 times out of 10 what would happen when it hasn't happened 9 other times? It was a fair enough call from Sutton to call play on. Treated it the same as when the markers are set and the bloke in possessions plays it two feet to the side of them to try to get them not square or baulking the play the ball to get the line off side (which are always called as play on).

Bateman has been good prior to this game. Was significant in wiping Niccho Hines out of the Sharks game. You can't expect to be writing players off on after one ordinary performance. It was always going to be a difficult task up there and the Wests Tigers of last year would have folded.

Last edited:
Didn't utilise the edges/backs tonight.

Not sure why
Aside from Olam our edges are slow and not good enough.
Young Faatape is giving his best, but defensively not quite up to regular NRL just yet.
Bateman is terrible, worst back rower in the NRL by a big margin.
Papali’i tries hard, but not sure he still has the necessary athleticism to be a genuine attacking threat. More suited as a middle forward these days.

in my opinion he hindered the both of them though obviously Nikorima moreso. How can you claim 9 times out of 10 what would happen when it hasn't happened 9 other times? It was a fair enough call from Sutton to call play on. Treated it the same as when the markers are set and the bloke in possessions plays it two feet to the side of them to try to get them not square or baulking the play the ball to get the line off side (which are always called as play on).

Obviously the 9 times out of 10 comment is an emotional figure of speech not a fact. Geez

We need 2 start swinging it to our edges more like
other teams. We've got the forwards & can play up
the middle if we want. We have to start being more
expansive and trust our centres and wingers
I honestly think we do try to swing it, we’re just too slow and predictable. Many times dolphins were up in our faces by the time it got to our centre

Not sure why we debut Fainu if he’s on a minutes restriction.

I think Benji just said he did his hamstring.

This is a different team this season… haven’t seen a resilient side like this in a very long time. Not one to normally blame the refs but that dud Api call swung the momentum of the whole 2nd half to Dolphins favour. Proud of the guys 🖤🤍🧡

Last edited:
Twal hindered Nikorima's ability to get square which had no effect on the play, he didn't hinder Donaghue. 9 times out of 10 that's a penalty to us.

However what an idiot Twal is, brain-dead running that direction.
Yep. Senior player doing dumb things at critical moments. Happening for a long time at WT.

Benji just said in the press conference “we lost the young bloke too, he strained his hamstring”. Presumably Latu Finau.

Obviously the 9 times out of 10 comment is an emotional figure of speech not a fact. Geez
i get it is a figure of speech mate but it is just more pissing and moaning about the ref. On a decision that he didnt get wrong. BTW dont mean to single you out as there were plenty of others i could have commented on. It just happened to be yours that i did.

Saturday night away after a tough Monday game and no Galvin. Always going to be a tough game on the road. I thought we hung in there in the second half. The resilience of this team versus 2023 is noticeable. Hopefully we bounce back next week.

Bateman has been good prior to this game. Was significant in wiping Niccho Hines out of the Sharks game. You can't expect to be righting players off on after one ordinary performance. It was always going to be a difficult task up there and the the Wests Tigers of last year would folded.
I don’t think he is providing league average second row play. I think he’s been below that. For what he is being paid it’s poor. Hopefully he can improve.

i get it is a figure of speech mate but it is just more pissing and moaning about the ref. On a decision that he didnt get wrong. BTW dont mean to single you out as there were plenty of others i could have commented on. It just happened to be yours that i did.

Interesting considering I countered the ref comments with acknowledging we didn't deserve to win, but anyway...all good

Back