Rubbish

@TIGER said:
Agree 100% we were terrible and anyone who knows anything about rl would say the same, that was a bludger of a game and the better of the two bad teams won.
Penrith handed us the game we got to 18 points and didn't know what to do.
My pop who walks with a walking stick can kick better than Benji, but some people call his inept kicking "closing out a game" i call it rubbish !!!

Well then I guess Melbourne and Dragons are terrible, because that's how they play every weekend…

I think maybe the rubbish was put in the bin today hopefully..this team has been playing some silly footy over the last few weeks! finally even if it doesn't look pretty we came away with a good win yes 30 BLOT nothing flash nothing stupid just get the 2 points .The 2 weeks break will do wonders and hopefully the rep guys get though ok.Today was Ugly yes but the win certainly puts a smile on my dial!!

While there wasnt much razzle dazzle, there were more positives out there today than negatives… I truly feel the boys were simply doing what they had to do to win the game.

I'm content with the way we played, while somewhat worried about a few players and where they are at.

Now we know how to win again, we should win the next 2-3 games!

@Goose said:
what do people want from us??

we played well enough, we were not dazzlng, but good enough and won 30-0[/quot
To look like a first grade side.

@TIGER said:
Agree 100% we were terrible and anyone who knows anything about rl would say the same, that was a bludger of a game and the better of the two bad teams won.

We played much better against Souths and Brisbane and lost. I am happy to have the win, especially considering the disruption we had with injuries. We scrambled well and had some luck.

We need to be careful! Manly beat Penrith by 30 and then lost to the Titans…..we have Parra and the Titans next!

@TIGER said:
@Goose said:
what do people want from us??

we played well enough, we were not dazzlng, but good enough and won 30-0[/quot
To look like a first grade side.

so to get a pass mark from you today, what did they have to do….win 50 nil??

far from brilliant but pretty sound performance

@smoking gun said:
It was the most uninspiring 30 point win I've ever seen. We looked slow and flat, Fulton was terrible filling in at dummy half and we really lacked go forward.

Geez, I thought Liam went pretty well.

@smoking gun said:
It was the most uninspiring 30 point win I've ever seen. We looked slow and flat, Fulton was terrible filling in at dummy half and we really lacked go forward.

Hahaha

6 of our forwards and 10 players in total cracked 100m….'lacked go forward, did you miss Woodsy?

Sheens was critical through the week of pushed passes and discipline.
We only conceded two penalties and while some passes went to ground, we really didnt overplay our hand....it was a much more controlled perfomance
Its clear they worked on what they werent happy with, and improved in those areas.

It's hard to judge today as Penrith were so bad. They either :

Dropped the ball

OR

Fell over

OR

Threw a forward pass

Literally every time they got near our line. We didn't really have to defend our line at all. Penrith literally didn't put any pressure on us at all.

@smoking gun said:

Lacked go forward? You fair dinkum or what?
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@supercoach said:
We won by 30 and were rubbish, okay we lost Farah early but todays game was low. Once again their was effort but really they were bloody average. No structure, no team work, Lotte is a shot duck. They should have won by a hundred.Sad, to see such a good side side playing so busted. The efforts their, their just NO TEAM WORK OR STRUCTURE. Who do you point the finger at ???? For me the coach must stand up and explain why this team is on struggle street, a win a against Winsor dosnt mean anything. Special rap to our two front rowers Beau Ryan and Woodies

If you're gonna make some allusion that they were fielding a State Cup team you might just include our line up as a State Cup team too, Heighington, Ellis, Utai and Farah all out.

Love the nay-sayers always finding negatives in a loss, is ANYTHING going to appease some of you blokes? :unamused:

We certainly did not lack go forward today!

I am one of the most critical posters on here, but it is hard to complain today.

We came into this game on the back of five straight losses. Did anyone just expect the side to click their fingers and play like superstars? It will take a few weeks to ease back into form if we do, today was a nice start.

Yes, the opposition was terrible but you can only play what's in front of you. I thought we did the basics well, with the exception of a strong kicking game which was once again lacking (as it always is).

Also we lost Farah early which threw the balance of the side out the window, big point which many have overlooked.

Was a pretty luck lustre game overall. I think we lost momentum in attack when Robbie went off, and there seemed to be a lack of leadership.
We were lucky the Panthers were so poor,

Maybe I'm easily pleased but well done to the team on their win. It has been a lean start to the season which has hit everyone for a six, the team won today and have something to build on for their next game congratulations.

We got into form last season by playing ugly when required to get the job done.

After those games when the flashier stuff was required it stuck better.

It is about building confidence and a team dynamic at this point to move ourselves into a better position heading through the rep season.

It is about points on the board right now.

The Roosters are a bad football side but are ahead of us on the table.

@hybrid_tiger said:
We certainly did not lack go forward today!

I am one of the most critical posters on here, but it is hard to complain today.

We came into this game on the back of five straight losses. Did anyone just expect the side to click their fingers and play like superstars? It will take a few weeks to ease back into form if we do, today was a nice start.

Yes, the opposition was terrible but you can only play what's in front of you. I thought we did the basics well, with the exception of a strong kicking game which was once again lacking (as it always is).

Also we lost Farah early which threw the balance of the side out the window, big point which many have overlooked.

Wheres the real hybrid gone.lol

@**Sully said:
History was made with our first shut out and all we need to do now is create history by being the first team to win the premiership after a 1 and 5 start.**
It was a clinical display and we scrambled well when they did break the line.

Big Ray Cashmere fell over from 5 metres out and scored what a try scoring machine.

Go Tigers we have Parra the the Gold Coast next, so we need to put them to the sword and it is season on.

I like your thinking, Sully.

Members online

Back