Rubbish

Too many positives to be critical on yesterdays performance. Sure Panthers were horrible, but I've seen too many games where we mirrored a "horrible" opposition and still lost.

Big improvement in every aspect yesterday. Also good to see Benji stick to the second half game plan, and kick into the corners on numerous occasions. Panthers didn't play well, but still an excellent effort to score 30 and keep them to nil. Great stepping stone for further improvements, and heaps to take away from yesterday.

Not a great game…But we did win !!! Penrith were terrible but we have been beaten by worse teams.

Blair improving, Matt Bell had a good game, I like Humble..versatile, Fulton played second row, then hooker, swapped with Humble for a while then back to second row on the other side, only 43 tackles from him !!

We were sweltering in the stands so how hot was it for the boys...GO TIGERS

I will take a 30 - nil scoreline every week thank you. It was really 36 - nil as there was no forward pass to Ayshford.

As for Humble, he scored a try, saved a certain try and generally had a very good all round game. Some of you people are hard to please.

If you want to be criticle of someone, how about Loti? I think the only time he held the ball was when he passed it to Benji for Moltzen to score his second try. I think Loti's time has come.

@magpiecol said:
**I will take a 30 - nil scoreline every week thank you. It was really 36 - nil as there was no forward pass to Ayshford.**

As for Humble, he scored a try, saved a certain try and generally had a very good all round game. Some of you people are hard to please.

If you want to be criticle of someone, how about Loti? I think the only time he held the ball was when he passed it to Benji for Moltzen to score his second try. I think Loti's time has come.

This was a deadset square up -

There was one on the other side of the park after Benji's line drop out that Penrith had go against them, and I was right in line with it. It went backwards about a half a metre and Penrith were stopped dead in their tracks, a bit bemused by it all.

I was very happy with what I saw. As Phil Gould said in his commentary, we probably should have put 50+ on them, but for a team that has been badly down in confidence, a 30-0 scoreline away from home is a very pleasing result.
Not just the scoreline, but the fact that Tim Moltzen attacked the high ball with confidence and had a very strong all round game, Beau Ryan continuing his good form, Lote is still way below his best, but setting up a try will definately boost his confidence, Joel Reddy was very good as he has been all season, Ayshford seemed to play with a bit more aggression, Lawrence like Lote is down on form, but he is trying very hard, the brilliance will come, Benji played a very controlled game and chose good times to run the ball, Humble played great at both halfback and hooker, Matt Bell played very tough as he always does, another big effort from Liam Fulton as always, Ben Murdoch-Masila and Junior Moors both causing a bit of chaos for defenders when running the ball, Woods outstanding as was Cashmere and Galloway showing some good signs also. Most pleasing for me was the passion Adam Blair showed when he scored. It`s no secret he has not been at his best so far this season, but I do think he`s been a bit unfairly judged due to the wage he has been rumoured to be on, rather than judging his effort on merit like the other 16 players.

ill take that win no matter how good or bad it was… we didnt paly good we jsut played solid imo but im happy its a start to better things to come. Best bench we have had all year even with all our injuries in the stands and it worked really well today, lets hoope it stays that way!!

That win puts us 1 win outside the top 8! lol

we win our next couple of games and then the bye we are welll and truly back in the mix....

@mosco said:
@900large said:
Incredible!
We won by 30 points (should have been 36 if not for the atrocious forward pass call), despite losing Farrah, we kept a good opposition to nill, gave away only 2 penalties, completed 75%, Benji kicked 5 from 5, half the team is from BRET, and we broke a 5 game losing streak. Yet it isn't good enough?
I thought this was a fan forum, jeez zorba would be more generous with his praise.
I've been a magpie fan for 35 years, i know disappointment, but i always felt fans should celebrate their team when they win.
Good on you lads you won, and didnt give any away. Those 30 points may well determine our future in September. If you win that way every week to September, a lot of armchair quarterbacks will have nothing to complain about!
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Hell Yer x2
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

x3!

@Andyvee said:
Too many positives to be critical on yesterdays performance. Sure Panthers were horrible, but I've seen too many games where we mirrored a "horrible" opposition and still lost.

Big improvement in every aspect yesterday. Also good to see Benji stick to the second half game plan, and kick into the corners on numerous occasions. Panthers didn't play well, but still an excellent effort to score 30 and keep them to nil. Great stepping stone for further improvements, and heaps to take away from yesterday.

Yeah that was most noticeable, the control marshall played with….only one dodgy pass from memory but he still cant help himself, recall a chip kick in our half just before half time and we're 12-0 up I think....guys like Cronk just drill it into the corner, play the percentages....he may do stuff like that late but its still always a set play

I know Cronk is Cronk and Marshall is marshall and they both must play their own games, but good to see some control from benji, like he said here:

........................When games are on the line, I want the ball in my hands. If we're losing by six points and need to score, I put my hand up and demand the ball. It's the same in the overall picture; I want to make a difference, and turn our season around.
>
Having said that, I will be trying not to do too much.
>
I feel like I have done some good things on the field this year, but I have also made some mistakes. I'll be trying to pull my game back today and avoid the prospect of overplaying my hand.
>
http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12522

I would have taken a 1 point win in golden point coming off a 5 game losing streak. Sure we werent great but that was the exact performance I wanted to see. Instead of trying to score of every play with some Benji brilliance we went back to the way we have played over the last couple of seasons. Benji running to the line and picking his runners. Blair the 1st time, Cashmere the 2nd. More of this please! And well done on keeping a team to nil. We have never done this no matter how good our form is. In years gone by we have lost these games.

The team won.
ended a losing streak.
held a team to nil
**so if that thats rubbish, lets hope the team continues to be rubbish** :unamused: :laughing:

penrith were poor but we never looked like we could lose the game so how can we have been rubbish? like everyone else ive been very disappointed and critical but i thought there were positves to come out of this game.the criticism of liam fulton after all the tackles he made and tom humble who i think has a big future are particularly uncalled for.for me the only negatives are the form of chris lawrence and despite the try adam blair looked no better than in previous games.we win the next two and the season is back on track.

@tiger pom said:
penrith were poor but we never looked like we could lose the game so how can we have been rubbish? like everyone else ive been very disappointed and critical but i thought there were positves to come out of this game.the criticism of liam fulton after all the tackles he made and tom humble who i think has a big future are particularly uncalled for.for me the only negatives are the form of chris lawrence and despite the try adam blair looked no better than in previous games.we win the next two and the season is back on track.

x2

Back