Rubbish

Disappointing thread I have to say. The first time they hold a team to 0, and while Penrith were down on troops, so were the Tigers and it was a courageous effort I thought. Yep, there are a few players not at the peak of their powers at the moment, but the effort is there and we've seen the Tigers play ugly and win over the previous couple of seasons. This is where is starts.

@tiger4ever said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
We certainly did not lack go forward today!

I am one of the most critical posters on here, but it is hard to complain today.

We came into this game on the back of five straight losses. Did anyone just expect the side to click their fingers and play like superstars? It will take a few weeks to ease back into form if we do, today was a nice start.

Yes, the opposition was terrible but you can only play what's in front of you. I thought we did the basics well, with the exception of a strong kicking game which was once again lacking (as it always is).

Also we lost Farah early which threw the balance of the side out the window, big point which many have overlooked.

Wheres the real hybrid gone.lol

I just call it as I see it mate.

We have no fullback, no halfback and lost our hooker early, dunno what more people could ask for.

Most of our side are out of form, did anyone realistically think they will all get back to their best in one game?

It seemed to me that we struggled to get on top in the 2nd half. With the 18-0 scoreline and the lack of confidence following a long losing streak, it was like we were playing most of that half trying to shut the game out. We never looked very fast, and Penrith were making more easy metres than us. So they were getting more try-scoring opportunities, but just couldn't get over the line. Some of it was good goal line defense on our part, but mostly Penrith just threw their chances away.

It would have been interesting to see how the players responded if Penrith scored early in the 2nd half and made a game of it, but I am happy not to have stressed too much while watching. And I am delighted to have finally kept another team scoreless. If ever there was a day it would happen, today was it.

@cunno said:
Maybe I'm easily pleased but well done to the team on their win. It has been a lean start to the season which has hit everyone for a six, the team won today and have something to build on for their next game congratulations.

I must gave watched a different game today. The go forward, especially when Farah was off was accceptable. Cashmere great. Woods was the best forward out there by far. Defence was good. Moltzen talking with Benji you could hear ten rows back.

I'm with you Cunno. Good win. Not world beaTing but good.

I'm happy!

@hybrid_tiger said:
@tiger4ever said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
We certainly did not lack go forward today!

I am one of the most critical posters on here, but it is hard to complain today.

We came into this game on the back of five straight losses. Did anyone just expect the side to click their fingers and play like superstars? It will take a few weeks to ease back into form if we do, today was a nice start.

Yes, the opposition was terrible but you can only play what's in front of you. I thought we did the basics well, with the exception of a strong kicking game which was once again lacking (as it always is).

Also we lost Farah early which threw the balance of the side out the window, big point which many have overlooked.

Wheres the real hybrid gone.lol

\
\
I just call it as I see it mate.

We have no fullback, no halfback and lost our hooker early, dunno what more people could ask for.

Most of our side are out of form, did anyone realistically think they will all get back to their best in one game?

Yes i was making sure it was you thats all.lol

Im so glad we didn't do our usual and make it a contest…no letting in trys before or straight after halftime

@cunno said:
Maybe I'm easily pleased but well done to the team on their win. It has been a lean start to the season which has hit everyone for a six, the team won today and have something to build on for their next game congratulations.

Spot on with that word right there… "build".

We are building to something. Defence, especially our scramble, has been tops the last few weeks.

I thought Penrith kept trying for the whole afternoon so to win 30-0 on their home group d I thought was very pleasing. I'm with Ink … It was a measured win and will do wonders for confidence and team morale.

@tigergirlz said:
PS. The team looked shot after the game.

I got the feeling that it was more like a lot of pressure off the boys' shoulders.

This thread is ridiculous BTW. Sure it wasn't a perfect performance, but we kept them scoreless and put 30 on the board, how can you complain about that? Especially keeping in mind the talent we have injured.

Confidence. That's what wins bring… The Tigers will awaken. Then it's on like donkey kong.

:sign:

Have faith boys.

@steven_tiger said:
@cunno said:

Spot on with that word right there… "build".

We are building to something. Defence, especially our scramble, has been tops the last few weeks.

moving forward , baby steps , confidence building what ever ya want to call it We Won to NIL , by 30 !!!!! Maybe not storm like , maybe panthers were bad BUT we won .Up the ladder we go! We got work to do but , Job done to day !! bring on the eels
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Is there ever a positive thread after any wins or losses? All I seem to see is hate from half d guys on this forum (not all). Great win kept them to nil. Full stop
\
\

@Knuckles said:
I thought Penrith kept trying for the whole afternoon so to win 30-0 on their home group d I thought was very pleasing. I'm with Ink … It was a measured win and will do wonders for confidence and team morale.

im with both of you .
Rome wasnt built in one day .
30 blot thats something we have never been able to say .

I know he scored a good try today, but fair dinkum Humble is the invisible man. He is never at first receiver and I don't recall him kicking. He was best at dummy half. But when Farah is back he will be back being a wall flower. Do we have other half back options?
\
\

Honestly guys, this will sound like i'm probably on drugs, but at times I didn't notice that Farah was missing.

This game is hopefully the turning point.

The forwards put in, impressed by Cashmere's first game back, all of them put in.
Blair's improving
Moltz was good under the high ball
We coped with losing Farah early in the game

Penrith didn't give up but we didn't let them in

After losing the last 5, some expect miracles, I couldn't have asked for more than they delivered.

Small steps.

The last two games and today have seen considerable improvement in our defence, especially in the middle. We still look a little suspect on the edges but we are a far cry from the team that was destroyed by St George and Canberra. It could have been so easy for us to give away those consolation points that we always seem to at the death, but we didn't.

In attack, yeah we were playing half the Windsor Wolves outfit, but we got out to a good lead and used the second half to put the nail in the coffin with some good kicking finding the line deep. We didn't need to attempt to put 60 on these guys, just needed to show a bit of controlled footy in the second half and we did.

Amazing what a few less errors and better discipline in defence can do for your attack.

Incredible!
We won by 30 points (should have been 36 if not for the atrocious forward pass call), despite losing Farrah, we kept a good opposition to nill, gave away only 2 penalties, completed 75%, Benji kicked 5 from 5, half the team is from BRET, and we broke a 5 game losing streak. Yet it isn't good enough?
I thought this was a fan forum, jeez zorba would be more generous with his praise.
I've been a magpie fan for 35 years, i know disappointment, but i always felt fans should celebrate their team when they win.
Good on you lads you won, and didnt give any away. Those 30 points may well determine our future in September. If you win that way every week to September, a lot of armchair quarterbacks will have nothing to complain about!
\
\

@900large said:
Incredible!
We won by 30 points (should have been 36 if not for the atrocious forward pass call), despite losing Farrah, we kept a good opposition to nill, gave away only 2 penalties, completed 75%, Benji kicked 5 from 5, half the team is from BRET, and we broke a 5 game losing streak. Yet it isn't good enough?
I thought this was a fan forum, jeez zorba would be more generous with his praise.
I've been a magpie fan for 35 years, i know disappointment, but i always felt fans should celebrate their team when they win.
Good on you lads you won, and didnt give any away. Those 30 points may well determine our future in September. If you win that way every week to September, a lot of armchair quarterbacks will have nothing to complain about!
\
\

Hell Yer x2
\
\

@BALMAINIAC said:
I know he scored a good try today, but fair dinkum Humble is the invisible man. He is never at first receiver and I don't recall him kicking. He was best at dummy half. But when Farah is back he will be back being a wall flower. Do we have other half back options?
\
\

100% Agree. I was 3 rows back when he chased down that Penrith winger and made it look easy. I saw his face and he looked like a man possessed and ready to win the next hundred games. For his time on the park, he was awesome; think they have almost sorted out the half problem. Leave him there!!!
\
\

Latest posts

Back