Rugby league history

Pratten Park, once the home-ground of the Wests Magpies, is getting a $2.1 million upgrade!
Expect exciting upgrades to the grandstand and a fresh new look for the beloved Bowling Club building


View attachment 14980
Soo will any form of rugby league be played there like seniors or junior league, it be a disgrace if soccer or AFL used it, I hope this oval is used like how Birchgrove is used and preserved.
 
Soo will any form of rugby league be played there like seniors or junior league, it be a disgrace if soccer or AFL used it, I hope this oval is used like how Birchgrove is used and preserved.


Chamapion @Brookswest,
I'm told that soccer is regularly played at PP during the winter.
The primary football tenant of the ground is the local community club, Ashfield Pirates FC, which uses Pratten Park as one of its main venues for training and matches under the Football Canterbury Association.
Otherwise, during the summer months, the ground transitions completely back to its other historic purpose as a premium premier cricket venue for the Western Suburbs District Cricket Club.
 

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top