Rugby league history

Very way back in the day, I worked and lived at the Courthouse Hotel in Australia Street Newtown. I was going through the Memory Bank files the other day and found these pics of an event we put on in the beer garden. A strongman arm-wrestling contest. The bloke in the yellow "Get Loose With the MOOSE" T-Shirt was none other than Constable Pat Jarvis, who was a part-time Rugby League Player. He'd occasionally play for the Newtown coppers at Henson Park when he wasn't being a Crime Fighter.
 

Attachments

  • Pat Jarvis Daytime.jpg
    Pat Jarvis Daytime.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Pat Jarvis Night Time.jpg
    Pat Jarvis Night Time.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 1
Very way back in the day, I worked and lived at the Courthouse Hotel in Australia Street Newtown. I was going through the Memory Bank files the other day and found these pics of an event we put on in the beer garden. A strongman arm-wrestling contest. The bloke in the yellow "Get Loose With the MOOSE" T-Shirt was none other than Constable Pat Jarvis, who was a part-time Rugby League Player. He'd occasionally play for the Newtown coppers at Henson Park when he wasn't being a Crime Fighter.
Coppers that played footy. Surely this is a long list?

But apart from Wayne Bennett and Mal Meninga, the only other I can think of is former Bulldog, Mitch Newton and Sean Garlick.

Edit - I asked AI and missed some very obvious ones!
 
Coppers that played footy. Surely this is a long list?

But apart from Wayne Bennett and Mal Meninga, the only other I can think of is former Bulldog, Mitch Newton and Sean Garlick.

Edit - I asked AI and missed some very obvious ones!
Going way back when, Brian “ Chicka “ Moore and Bumper Farell, both Newtown greats.
Kevin Roberts the referee.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top