Rugby World Cup 2023

The Wobbllies are cooked. Credit to Fiji though. I guess getting a team in Super Rugby really did help them, hopefully when PNG gets a team in the NRL it will be similarly fruitful for the mighty Kumuls.
David Campese summed it up via his Twitter post:

"Fiji played at pace flair and as a team that wanted it more. Great to watch a team with culture and history. Why did the wallabies kick the ball away so much?You can’t win a game without the ball. Simple."

And Campo had some more words:

My take on @wallabies vs Fiji Rugby game
- Fiji’s hunger to win was palpable
- Fijis Attacking Spirit - positive, unpredictable, running rugby
- Fijis Precision Ball Control
- Fijis Competition at Rucks and Scrums
- Wallabies giving away possession- kicking
- Lack of attacking backs combinations
- Lack of experience and leadership

I don’t know if it’s because it’s stuck on Stan Sports or the games look terrible but the RWC is just an awful event IMO. I’d rather watch the AFL. Seems like whoever gets the most penalties wins.

NZ is the only country in the world where rugby union is the No 1 football code
Other Rugby powerhouses Sth Africa ,England ,Ireland, Scotland ,France and Argentina it is the No 2 football code
In Australia it is the No 4 football code and as such we are not very competitive
Also IMO the game has that many rules you need a university degree to know them all
Its not my cup of tea but each to his own .

And Campo had some more words:

My take on @wallabies vs Fiji Rugby game
- Fiji’s hunger to win was palpable
- Fijis Attacking Spirit - positive, unpredictable, running rugby
- Fijis Precision Ball Control
- Fijis Competition at Rucks and Scrums
- Wallabies giving away possession- kicking
- Lack of attacking backs combinations
- Lack of experience and leadership

He didn't miss Campo. Very critical of Eddie too

Wannabees getting flogged,i doubt if they could beat WT at the moment.The joke of the whole thing is it was two tries to nil and we lost by 29 because of penalty goals.
If you think our refs suck watch the referees in rugby union,dictators all of them.

Apologies the game is still going and we are now down by almost 40

Last edited:
Back