Rugby World Cup 2023

Just a bit of an extra about my having a soft spot for the Irish in the remaining World Cup matches, here's a little trivia:

Mack Hansen, the Irish winger is a grandson of Wests Magpies old boy, lock forward Bill Hansen, playing for Wests between 1965-71 - I know Bill's wife and she is one proud Magpie and (of course) loves her grandson and his exploits in the emerald green.

View attachment 7211

We lost Mack to Ireland, I was disappointed
at the time. Irish just can't get past the quarters
T1, was convinced they would win the RWC!

We lost Mack to Ireland, I was disappointed
at the time. Irish just can't get past the quarters
T1, was convinced they would win the RWC!
Yes, Mack was ours, till he appeared unwanted.
And like you, I thought the Irish were going to get through.

Just saw the final score, Boks squeeze home again. Predictable WC final teams, think the ABs just hitting their stride and 2 massive games must have impact on Boks ability to match them.
ABs to win 13+.

Makes me wonder if SA are an untapped source for the Tigers. Didn't they make a bid to stage a RL World Cup recently? Mind you they are a rugby mad country.
Well for those real oldies we did sign a SA rugby player named Len Killeen who helped win the 69 GF . Wasn’t our greatest ever player but good goal kicker and could hold up a left wing spot.
He’s about the only one I can ever remember who came here to play league but someone with a sharper memory may be able to fill in the blanks.

Well for those real oldies we did sign a SA rugby player named Len Killeen who helped win the 69 GF . Wasn’t our greatest ever player but good goal kicker and could hold up a left wing spot.
He’s about the only one I can ever remember who came here to play league but someone with a sharper memory may be able to fill in the blanks.
Did someone say "Jarrod Saffy?"
Or way back, the legendary Fred Griffiths of Norths fame.
Either way, not too many cross-overs of note.

I remember Saffy, and of course you are correct. Didn’t know Fred Griffiths was from there, but remember seeing him play several times.
Such a learning experience talking to you TO.

Kickem between Lenny Killeen

Latest posts

Back