Rule Changes You'd Like Implemented

Also, a small thing but I don't like players being called kids. This kid that kid, a kid is a goat.

I think the padding for the uprights should have to be round.

It's now beyond obvious players aim to hit the padding so that it will bounce back into the field of play to the advantage of their players.

It has become too easy to hit them, and when it does it hits a flat surface that offers a vastly increased angle of reflection; depending on where it's kicked from obviously.

Because it's square on to the field, and the angle of incidence can't possibly be near 0° (no one is putting in a grubber towards the posts from right on the try line!), the angle of reflection has to be, very conservatively, at least 20° back in to the field of play.

I don't think this is how tries should be scored.

At least If they were round again it would vastly reduce the surface area required to be hit for the kicker to do this, and also greatly increase the chances deflections will continue past the try line at least, which I think is fairer to the defence.

There has probably been on average more tries scored off the posts this season than any before. It's because the padding is large and flat, and kickers are better than ever.

I played aussie rules for 20 years before league, and I would honestly say that (with the exception of kicking past a line of legs - the real hard part) any player down to under 19s would hit the pads 8 times out of ten from about 15m. When i played, most could've with both feet.

I'm not saying this through hubris, I'm saying that I'm sure league players have learnt from afl players (just like league players would teach how to tackle properly!) and we're going to be seeing these become even more common. Although in saying, apart from Cronk (Melbourne!) League players still hold it weird when they kick....

I need a hobby.... 😐

Last edited:
I would like to change the "rules" so that ALL teams are treated the same, with no advantages to the "silver spooners" e.g. Melbourne, Brisbane, Easts....
Wow, what a radical plan but have you got approval from Politis, Gus and co for that to happen.
PS You don’t actually think PVL and AA are in charge do you !

In the last two games, of the season which have no impact on top 8 positional finishes:

No field goals allowed in the last 5 minutes of 2nd half.

Penalise voluntary tackles....

Does my head in and I'm sure I'm not alone, seeing a player dive and no hands on him and ref won't do a thing
Omg. Me too. This drives me nuts and you just know that if a player puts a big hit on them they'll be penalised.

Voluntary tackle = voluntarily take a huge hit I reckon!

Actually, I've just remembered when I was playing an opposition player just lay on the ball on the ground, so being all pissed off at this I fell on him and hit him hard.

I got up and this huge prop was yelling at me, telling me I was dead. Wasn't until then I realised the guy was on the ground because he was injured!

Probably didn't take too many hit ups after that.... 🤣

Last edited:
Kill the video ref. The video ref is about money. Not football. And the commentators in the game who see these blatant biased video calls and go along with it. Well...... I guess I would also if I getting the big bucks.... commentating.

Apart from kick off's and missed penalty shots ....if the ball is caught on the full the team who catches the ball gets to start the set of six from where the opposition kicks the ball from ....try and stop the bomb fest

Scoring side kicks off after a score,it is used in young kids games and to a certain extent it reduces a team getting lapped and it will reduce sides from getting as fatigued during a game making it a closer more enjoyable contest

Scoring side kicks off after a score,it is used in young kids games and to a certain extent it reduces a team getting lapped and it will reduce sides from getting as fatigued during a game making it a closer more enjoyable contest
Think I mentioned the same in the OP.
Theoretically, a team could possibly not touch the ball once in an entire game.

It's TurnStyle's crazy "Guess the Unique Situation This Could Actually Happen In...And That No One Really Cares About!" quiz!

Penalise voluntary tackles....

Does my head in and I'm sure I'm not alone, seeing a player dive and no hands on him and ref won't do a thing
Same with laying in the ruck, you can’t get penalised for that anymore.

3 Bunkers-Majority wins and vision of the faceless ones as in a stewards room at the races .In fact make it best of five bunkers -no forget that- they would probably come up with a draw .A coin toss by someone in the crowd who draws a ticket just as good.

Same with laying in the ruck, you can’t get penalised for that anymore.
Especially if you wear a puke lime green jumper.
My most hated is the play the ball with your foot. I'm pretty sure the rule still says " strike the ball with the foot" . . . not "attempt"
Since when would you "attempting" anything adhere to a rule ?
"I attempted to avoid hitting that pedestrian, officer" . . . so let me go free please.
"I attempted to pass backwards ref, but it went 9m forward"
The way so many players just lift their foot and smoothly roll the ball to the DH makes me sick. It gives them such an advantage to have an even paced, smooth rolling ball that hasn't been even mildly deflected by a foot . . . but the refs police it 3 odd rounds per season, then forget about it.

Latest posts

Back