Run-arounds

Juro

Hi all. I just want to check my understanding of the rule with run-arounds.

In the game vs Souths, when they scored their 3rd try (I think that was the one), they did a run-around. However, the player running around got the ball back before he ran behind the player passing it to him. I always thought that was a shepherd, but I heard no mention of this by the commentators.

So, is it:
a) my understanding of the rules is wrong
b) my eyesight is failing
c) the referee, video referee and commentators all ignored it

Would like your opinion.

I understand what you're getting at. IMO, a run around should be when the first passer is on the outside of the first receiver.

Obstruction is just such a blur to me. I really don't understand it.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@tig_prmz said:
I understand what you're getting at. IMO, a run around should be when the first passer is on the outside of the first receiver.

Obstruction is just such a blur to me. I really don't understand it.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Clearly nor do the refs or video refs!

in their defense, i dont think there's a definitive answer.
i think it should be as clear as .. was a defender obstructed? yes or no? can it ever be that simple though?

one thing that they can however control is the rules seem to change when the attacking team is in the opp 20 and they score a try.. there's no consistency

First pass thrown in that passage of play was forward.

If the referees were doing their job, it wouldn't have mattered.

@underdog said:
First pass thrown in that passage of play was forward.

If the referees were doing their job, it wouldn't have mattered.

They only have 2 Refs on the field UD .

It's a joke :brick:

add to the fact that the Touch Judges are never in line to see the forward passes (which should be their call) touchies these days are normally in line with the defenseive line not the attackers so they don't have a good view of the forward passes.

Back