Russian invasion of Ukraine

Thanks for your well measured response as always.
I agree with what you've said about certain parts
of your post but vehemently disagree with other parts. The last time there was a credible military threat
to the United States near the US border (Cuban missle crisis), the US responded so aggressively that it nearly ended the world... The reason people don't get it when you compare Ukraine or Taiwan to a hypothetical scenario in which Russia or China were amassing heavily armed proxy forces on the Mexican border is because people literally can't wrap their minds around that happening. It's just too remote and unthinkable a proposition. The number of countries the US invaded post world war 2 is very long list... China and Russia have invaded zero sovereign states. The yanks are still uninvited guests in Syria, stealing millions of barrels of oil everyday. If you were so against war as you claim, then you would be against this one too and calling for peace. You wouldn't be barracking for NATO who are supposed to be a defensive alliance - they bombed Libya, Yugoslavia & Iraq in the last 2 decades. USA & Australia are gearing up for war with China, our neighbour and biggest trading partner. It's concerning.

Edir: I copied some text, I wanted to write more too but I'll leave it at that 4 now

There will not be war against China unless it invades Taiwan.I have said that i did not support USA invasions except the 2 i mentioned,Cuba was a terrible mistake and as you say nearly led to a nuclear war.I certainly disagree with what you say in regards to Russia not invading sovereign states and to a lesser extent China have done the same with border conflicts(India and Vietnam)
Russia should be more concerned over it's eastern borders rather than it's west because China needs 2 things desperately, more resources and more land and both are available to their northern border in what is nominally part of Russia.If there is a real military threat to Russia it is China not the Nato alliance.

Anyway Kaito have a good day and hopefully we get a win again this week

Reactions: BZN
There will not be war against China unless it invades Taiwan.I have said that i did not support USA invasions except the 2 i mentioned,Cuba was a terrible mistake and as you say nearly led to a nuclear war.I certainly disagree with what you say in regards to Russia not invading sovereign states and to a lesser extent China have done the same with border conflicts(India and Vietnam)
Russia should be more concerned over it's eastern borders rather than it's west because China needs 2 things desperately, more resources and more land and both are available to their northern border in what is nominally part of Russia.If there is a real military threat to Russia it is China not the Nato alliance.

Taiwan is China like Kosovo is Serbia. You have
a good day too, doubt we get the win but I'll be
rooting for sure. Enjoy your day take care

China got its ass handed to them when it invaded Vietnam.

With all Chinas increased military might, they havnt actually used any of it. Hard to say how competent they really are.

Taiwan is China like Kosovo is Serbia. You have
a good day too, doubt we get the win but I'll be
rooting for sure. Enjoy your day take care
Even if Taiwan went alone. Theyd take 25-35% of the invading Chinese forces. China would lose some equipment for sure.

Jad, the west are sacrificing Ukrainians through
their proxies. Russians lost 2 many men fighting
Nazism for you to call them right wing fascists...
This war could have been avoided if the west
& NATO stopped expansion and wanton shelling
of Crimea & Donbass. It's been bubbling 4 ages.
It's fast becoming a multipolar world and the
States and her vassals can't hack China's rise.
I'll put it to you that Russia aren't the bad guys,
and that AUKUS should have been voted on by
the public. We're spending 20m a day for 30 years
in tax payer funds to be puppets 4 the yanks.
It's going to get us into shit, we should be in
effect sitting on our hands and keeping neutral.

Easily agree with most of the latter subs bit, though really surprised by your thoughts on the earlier stuff, and astounded on some of the the middle bit, which is basically victim blaming.

China got its ass handed to them when it invaded Vietnam.

USA got their asses handed to them by rice
farmers. And then again by goat herders in
Afghanistan. Cut the bullshit my guy haha

The most significant day in history Dec 7 1941
Until that day "isolationism " was the prevailing sentiment in the USA in other words they
Never got involved in anyone else's business !
The Japanese bombs on Pearl Harbour made fools of the isolation believers and America was immediately involved in the Pacific and European wars .
After Dec 7 1941 the USA never stopped getting involved in other people's business
Japan awoken the sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve .Words of Admiral Yammamoto .
Imo WW2 was the last justified war .Japan changed world history
Thank heavens you can't go to war with nuclear powers

I think people should google "why did America Overthrow a Democratically Elected Govt in Ukraine"and find out who the real instigators of the conflict in Ukraine are....

Most on here paint Putin as the bad guy in this ,but if you read more on how this conflict came about you will find that the US interference in many countries is the common denominator...

There is more to this conflict than just taking over a so called neighbour,US and EU interference as well as Nazi militia killing Russian speaking civilians in the areas that Russia has so called invaded all leads to the culmination of this conflict...media and propagandists love to paint Russia as the enemy,BUT if you read the facts about Russias involvment it may clarify matters more....

sidenote...I thoroughly respect others opinion on many matters from football to other topics,if we keep the conversation within a civil manner we could all be surprised at what we can achieve in a sensible conversation and research...

The most significant day in history Dec 7 1941
Until that day "isolationism " was the prevailing sentiment in the USA in other words they
Never got involved in anyone else's business !
The Japanese bombs on Pearl Harbour made fools of the isolation believers and America was immediately involved in the Pacific and European wars .
After Dec 7 1941 the USA never stopped getting involved in other people's business
Japan awoken the sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve .Words of Admiral Yammamoto .
Imo WW2 was the last justified war .Japan changed world history
Thank heavens you can't go to war with nuclear powers

Except that they were not isolationist. As this is a Russian based thread, exactly one month prior Pearl Harbour, the US officially included Russia in the already running with others lend-lease agreement. Having already been supplying arms and ammunitioon for varying lengths of time prior, not to mention politicking well before that.

Similarly with the first world war and there are other examples, including in the century prior.

think people should google "why did America Overthrow a Democratically Elected Govt in Ukraine"and find out who the real instigators of the conflict in Ukraine are....

Nicaragua, Iran, Ukraine etc. Average heads aren't
trying to hear it. More of our $$$ get sent & bodies
get tossed. So long as gas and veg don't go up
- which they are anyway. Germany and a lot of
EU members are hurting worse after sanctions
on Russia. Same old play just another day smh

Nicaragua, Iran, Ukraine etc. Average heads aren't
trying to hear it. More of our $$$ get sent & bodies
get tossed. So long as gas and veg don't go up
- which they are anyway. Germany and a lot of
EU members are hurting worse after sanctions
on Russia. Same old play just another day smh
Funny you should mention Germany Kaito,I was reading that the country is almost bankrupt and are trying to join the BRICS nations which are Brasil,Russia,India,China and South Africa...many more nations are applying for membership as well...the BRICS nations are forming a new gold/assett backed currency economy which will sound the death knell of the US dollar which is a fiat currency,printed out of thin air with no backing since it was taken off the gold standard in 1971...

I can see a global economic collapse coming should the "petro dollar" die...which in my opinion is on the brink....

cheers kaito,love the conversation....

Back