Sam Burgess

@Spank said:
Gotta love this action…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFV6G0QKF3E

Dreaming of Burgess & Galloway in the front :nerd:

WoW :astonished: …Wham Bang what a hit.....wish he was running on tomorrow night so he can put Fui in his place again like that

@Aladinsane said:
@Spank said:
Gotta love this action…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFV6G0QKF3E

Dreaming of Burgess & Galloway in the front :nerd:

WoW :astonished: …Wham Bang what a hit.....wish he was running on tomorrow night so he can put Fui in his place again like that

Holy toledo!
THAT is a hit!
Bring him here.
NOW!

More Sam here, showing beautiful ball skills for the first try.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlsPPMlXJrY

Well i hope this is true because I'm dumbfounded with our signing so far.

Hopefully they were all saving money for this Burgess.

I think our signings so far make a lot of sense, finally for the first time since i can remember, possibly ever, the Tigers are actually deep and should be able to carry some injuries without dropping too much which means no more weakening a position to strengthen another which we know is a Sheens special.

The thing i dont get about our recruitment is the lack of props…. although IF the Burgess deal does swing our way then i guess that explains it.

I think we all judge and jump up n down too quickly when none of us really know the clubs full plans/intentions.... as time rolls on things seem to get better and better with the peices they add and everything falls into place.

I think 2010 is gonna be a good year :slight_smile:

While I still want a prop we have got the following props in our roster for next year and it ain too bad
Galloway
Gibbs
Payten
Skandalis
Laurie
Schirnack

So 6 props possibly depending on Skando I know its not everything but obviously we are trying to get Burgess and of the props that have changed hands so far this season I wouldnt be that keen on any of them for the money/ risk theyd demand

I think only Burgess or SIms are a chance for us that I would want and thier are tohr factors not us not trying that effect both of those

@boonboon said:
While I still want a prop we have got the following props in our roster for next year and it ain too bad
Galloway
Gibbs
Payten
Skandalis
Laurie
Schirnack

So 6 props possibly depending on Skando I know its not everything but obviously we are trying to get Burgess and of the props that have changed hands so far this season I wouldnt be that keen on any of them for the money/ risk theyd demand

I think only Burgess or SIms are a chance for us that I would want and thier are tohr factors not us not trying that effect both of those

Don't forget the Fifita brothers will be playing State Cup next season and will be training with the fulltime squad in the off-season. They are both big units too, so with some further development, strength and fitness, they could possibly find themselves making a debut off the bench next season depending on injuries and form.

True Andrew can play ! Well they both can but i think Andrew is a little ahead… they both quick for big men !

@Spank said:
True Andrew can play ! Well they both can but i think Andrew is a little ahead… they both quick for big men !

Andrew is an absolute gun player. For a guy his age he is a fantastic prospect. Between him and blokes like Dwyer, Aaron Woods and Matt Davidson we have a good lot of forwards coming through. Just as long as the brains trust in the concrete bunkers at Concord don't let them slip away.

@Yossarian said:
@Spank said:

Andrew is an absolute gun player. For a guy his age he is a fantastic prospect. Between him and blokes like Dwyer, Aaron Woods and Matt Davidson we have a good lot of forwards coming through. Just as long as the brains trust in the concrete bunkers at Concord don't let them slip away.

There lies the dilemma…..How do you offer the young guns overs to keep them as well as freeing up space for experienced players....

Youth or experience.....No one wants the good one's to slip away yet when we retain them like Dwyer and J Schirnack people are dissappointed cause we are building from within....go figure...

@willow said:
@boonboon said:
Galloway
Gibbs
Payten
Skandalis
Laurie
Schirnack

Don't forget the Fifita brothers will be playing State Cup next season and will be training with the fulltime squad in the off-season. They are both big units too, so with some further development, strength and fitness, they could possibly find themselves making a debut off the bench next season depending on injuries and form.

I still wish bryce gibbs wasnt attatched to the tigers next year and can skando really go another year? i know payten has filled in prop afew times but he isnt a prop and neither is laurie so although the fifita bros can fill in there i think we need another full time prop… fingers crossed for sam and praying we put gibbs in state cup or release him :smiley:

@innsaneink said:
Souths expected to announce his signature tomorrow.

Seriously how many big name props can they have? Asotasi, Ross, Taylor, Burgess? That'd be close to a million…

@innsaneink said:

Thats a blow. Would of been good to actually get a good front rower signed. Is that for next season? Where did you hear that? Jeez Souths will have a strong forward pack

@Yossarian said:
@innsaneink said:

Seriously how many big name props can they have? Asotasi, Ross, Taylor, Burgess? That'd be close to a million…

pity for souths that they have crap halves and a crap coach

Well when you have a charasmatic movie star owner why wouldn't you sign particulary after he meets your girlfriend /wife, all over red rover.

@Yossarian said:
@innsaneink said:

Asotasi is on 400k a season isn't he?
Taylor is on 370k a season
Ross not sure…
Burgess would have to be on some serious coin too!!

What rubbish! While we were out wasting time having cups of tea with Lote, the gladiator was flying to england to speak with someone who could add REAL value to our side...

Surely we are in a position to offer more $$$ than Souths...

@Kaiser said:
@Yossarian said:
@innsaneink said:

Asotasi is on 400k a season isn't he?
Taylor is on 370k a season
Ross not sure…
Burgess would have to be on some serious coin too!!

What rubbish! While we were out wasting time having cups of tea with Lote, the gladiator was flying to england to speak with someone who could add REAL value to our side...

Surely we are in a position to offer more $$$ than Souths...

It's all about the big brown paper bags my friend :wink:

:laughing: Your right there Chris….Rusty just has to do another Movie....Souths will still fail anyway...

Bugger Burgess...Come on Tim lets chase hard for James Graham..

Just look at this.....23 games...Metres...4417.... Ave....192mpg..Carries...613...Ave 7.2 mts per carry.........Drooouuuuuuuuulllllllllllllll

Latest posts

Back