Sam Burgess

Crowe just told CH9 news that Burgess "has already got one red eye and one green eye" and that he's desperate to come to Souths and that Crowe personally has done the negotiations.

I've got a mate in the UK who is almost always right on signings there…he told me about Ellis from day one...and he seems to think Burgess is going to Souths.

My mate is connected with Leeds (thus why he was right about Ellis) and not Burgess' team.

But he's pretty adamant that Brugess will be a Bunny.

@cnx_tigers said:
Crowe just told CH9 news that Burgess "has already got one red eye and one green eye" and that he's desperate to come to Souths and that Crowe personally has done the negotiations.

I've got a mate in the UK who is almost always right on signings there…he told me about Ellis from day one...and he seems to think Burgess is going to Souths.

My mate is connected with Leeds (thus why he was right about Ellis) and not Burgess' team.

But he's pretty adamant that Brugess will be a Bunny.

It would be difficult to say no to Crowe if he does the recruiting. We have Warren and with that a lot of no's.

God I hate the Rabbitohs. If only because their recruitment is outstanding and I wish we could get the kind of signatures they do.

Maybe we need to recruit an aussie actor to invest in the club and do all our negotiating for us. Hugh Jackman is a manly fan, so umm, I dunno. Maybe Sam Neill :laughing:

Maybe we can hook in Sam Worthington, his star is on the rise.. although I think he might be a Knights fan.

what is wrong with our club?? nobody ever wants to go to it , do we suck that much ?

and how are thease other teams bulldogs souths etc not over the cap?

Hope Burgess enjoys missing the finals every year. Honestly, like their go forward is the problem. Desperately need a classy half back or 3/4.

if the rabbitohs want a player, THEN THEY GO AND GET HIM, they do not sit back and wait, miss out.
would be nice for wests-tigers to be like that.

well dont expect anything better next year with our front row stocks being what they are. It really seems a problem our inability to attract the quality established player to our club. Outside Ellis cant think of too many in the past few years. I suppose it probably all gets down to money, lets face if all things were equal the tigers would be way in front of souths as my choice. Anyway another one gets through the trap and brace your self for a couple of signings from the bargin shelve once again. Kevin Junior has to start selling our club in the market place and try and find out why we are so undesirable.

I reckon it is not because the club is undesirable but it all come sdown to how much we can offer the player and how will that player fit into the Wests Tigers culture.
Aloy of our money is wraped up in Robbie, Ellis, Marshall, Chris L, Rhino and Galloway. However in saying that we must have some thing in th kitty with the following players leaving:

*Morris
*Collis
*Dene

These 3 alone would of taken a fair chunk of the cup.

However I do agree, we lack the drive to go and get the big players and rather play overs for under performing juniors who we hope will turn into superstars.
Props mature with age and I reckon we should of went and got Ross who would of been a great fit for the club.
The bulldogs have a some big young front rowers which we should go for in Big Charile and Kite.
Just get rid of Payne, keep Galea and promote Woods.

@westTAHger said:
if the rabbitohs want a player, THEN THEY GO AND GET HIM, they do not sit back and wait, miss out.

And Rusty gives his Mum a Cameo in his next blockbuster for $150K sign on + royalties…...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

@Geo. said:
@westTAHger said:

And Rusty gives his Mum a Cameo in his next blockbuster for $150K sign on + royalties…...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Let the bunnies have him, he and dave taylor will just under perform like every one else for the bunnies. Until they play us that is.LOL
I am so glad we dont have a show pony like Crow pulling the strings at our club!

TimmyB » Sat 29 Aug, 2009 12:47 am
>
Hope Burgess enjoys missing the finals every year.

Actually Souths are one of the clubs that look pretty good on paper for next year. Burgess,Taylor,Ross and if they can get Daine I would say that's good buying.

Cronulla also look like a strong team who has bought wisely.

I don't think our club is undesirable. Far from it. But I think the PACKAGE that other clubs offer - not just cash - is more attractive. Cars,apartments,furnishings etc. And with Souths they are obviously opened up to a whole lot of possiblities off the field socially and educationally,for life after football,nobody does "networking" like Souths - all about sponsorship involvement.

Souths obviously think to be a contender in the NRL its a must to have plenty of quality frontrowers, its just a pity we dont share the same view. Right from day one of the joint venture we have been very skinny up front and to be honest have done remarkably well with what we have had. The truth to the matter the season is long and grueling and you need both quality and quanity up front. Now once again their is nothing much left in the market place and our young frontrowers are still along way off the pace.

Dont know whats the answer, but 2010 will be much of the same unless we can do somthing about our stocks up front

@TimmyB said:
Hope Burgess enjoys missing the finals every year. Honestly, like their go forward is the problem. Desperately need a classy half back or 3/4.

Go forward problem - Fixed
Needing classy half back - Watch This Space ….

@tiger3 said:
>

Actually Souths are one of the clubs that look pretty good on paper for next year. Burgess,Taylor,Ross and if they can get Daine I would say that's good buying.

I don't think our club is undesirable. Far from it. But I think the PACKAGE that other clubs offer - not just cash - is more attractive. Cars,apartments,furnishings etc. And with Souths they are obviously opened up to a whole lot of possiblities off the field socially and educationally,for life after football,nobody does "networking" like Souths - all about sponsorship involvement.

I seem to remember everyone saying how well Cronulla had bought this year and how they would be a huge force considering they had tied for 1st last year - at least i'm glad we didn't buy as well as them!!

@tiger3 said:
>

not too sure about that mate. they have bought quite a few players but most of them seem to be fringe firstgraders…

Latest posts

Members online

Back