OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

SmartSelect_20230204-220029_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Balmain’s SG Ball Cup team went down in Round 1, after failing to overcome a fast start from a strong Cronulla outfit.
After falling behind 18-0 early in the contest, the Tigers produced a good patch of footy in the back end of the first half, leading to Lachlan Broederlow opening Balmain’s 2023 account.
balmain-sg---will-kennedy-warren-gannon-photography.jpg
Will Kennedy offloads.

However, two tries before half-time eliminated almost all hope of a comeback for the home side, eventually going down by 18 points.

Co-captain Tony Sukkar was among the Tigers' best players along with Lachlan Broederlow on debut.

SmartSelect_20230204-220351_DuckDuckGo.jpg
In extremely promising signs for the season ahead, Western Suburbs scored a big victory over a highly-touted Manly side in Round 1 of the SG Ball Cup.

A big portion of the Wests squad consists of players who won the Harold Matthews Cup premiership in 2022, and it was one of that team’s star players, Lachlan Galvin, who scored the Magpies' first try of the new season.

Powerful centre Solomone Saukuru (whose father Joey, coaches the side) produced two damaging efforts to collect a double, while Heath Mason, Heith Pritchard and Faaletino Tavana scored tries.

Galvin collected his second for the day, late in the contest to seal a great opening win for Wests.
sg---kit-laulilii.jpg
Kit Laulilii on the charge.

Just watched 5 minutes of the ist round s g ball game between souths and warriors on utube.The video went for over 2 hours and showed the whole game and what do we get of our 2 games nothing.W hy can't we film our games like souths do it's not that hard.

I'm not sure if they're officially linked to Souths. If it's like the videos of their trials against Balmain it's one guy holding a donated camera in the grandstand and livestreaming it. If WT put it out everyone would say how unprofessional it was. That said, it's infinitely better than nothing and if a WT fan did it it'd be awesome.

They were serious Bunnies fans, not one word about Wests Tigers players.

I'm not sure if they're officially linked to Souths. If it's like the videos of their trials against Balmain it's one guy holding a donated camera in the grandstand and livestreaming it. If WT put it out everyone would say how unprofessional it was. That said, it's infinitely better than nothing and if a WT fan did it it'd be awesome.
If it's one guy holding a camera it's pretty good quality .I'm sure we should be able to organise the same .I'll volunteer but I'm a terrible photographer

It's far more professional than others. They've got a steady camera and 2 commentators. If they can do it, why can't we?

I believe last time someone asked the club they said we don't have the rights.

But if Souths can do this, then all clubs must be able to.

Who's in the ambush that can raise this with the club as a matter of urgency? Souths have 4800 subscribers, i bet we could get more than that.

It's far more professional than others. They've got a steady camera and 2 commentators. If they can do it, why can't we?

I believe last time someone asked the club they said we don't have the rights.

But if Souths can do this, then all clubs must be able to.

Who's in the ambush that can raise this with the club as a matter of urgency? Souths have 4800 subscribers, i bet we could get more than that.
Just google bunnies tv it shows the whole thing. No reason why we can't do the same

Just google bunnies tv it shows the whole thing. No reason why we can't do the same
Previously NSWRL have said they have exclusive rights and only they can stream their competitions.

Don't know how souths got around that. obviously got permission somehow

If it's one guy holding a camera it's pretty good quality .I'm sure we should be able to organise the same .I'll volunteer but I'm a terrible photographer

Well someone from NSWRL is clearly tasked with filming all games because they have highlights online. I don’t know why these can’t be posted as raw footage somewhere.

Back