OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

Previously NSWRL have said they have exclusive rights and only they can stream their competitions.

Don't know how souths got around that. obviously got permission somehow

They possibly didn’t. Who really cares enough to stop someone filming a junior rep game?

It's far more professional than others. They've got a steady camera and 2 commentators. If they can do it, why can't we?

I believe last time someone asked the club they said we don't have the rights.

But if Souths can do this, then all clubs must be able to.

Who's in the ambush that can raise this with the club as a matter of urgency? Souths have 4800 subscribers, i bet we could get more than that.
They’re not officially affiliated with Souths if I’m right.

Just some ex-players and their mates who run it.

They’re not officially affiliated with Souths if I’m right.

Just some ex-players and their mates who run it.
Yes, so if the WT Forum suddenly decides to setup a YT channel and live stream matches then that should be fine too. .

Of course having a camera, tripod and power etc at all grounds may be the hard part.

If we can get permission to do it i'm sure we could find enough volunteers to provide a basic service at least.

View attachment 4331

Balmain’s SG Ball Cup team went down in Round 1, after failing to overcome a fast start from a strong Cronulla outfit.
After falling behind 18-0 early in the contest, the Tigers produced a good patch of footy in the back end of the first half, leading to Lachlan Broederlow opening Balmain’s 2023 account.
View attachment 4354
Will Kennedy offloads.

However, two tries before half-time eliminated almost all hope of a comeback for the home side, eventually going down by 18 points.

Co-captain Tony Sukkar was among the Tigers' best players along with Lachlan Broederlow on debut.
Updated

Up
View attachment 4332
In extremely promising signs for the season ahead, Western Suburbs scored a big victory over a highly-touted Manly side in Round 1 of the SG Ball Cup.

A big portion of the Wests squad consists of players who won the Harold Matthews Cup premiership in 2022, and it was one of that team’s star players, Lachlan Galvin, who scored the Magpies' first try of the new season.

Powerful centre Solomone Saukuru (whose father Joey, coaches the side) produced two damaging efforts to collect a double, while Heath Mason, Heith Pritchard and Faaletino Tavana scored tries.

Galvin collected his second for the day, late in the contest to seal a great opening win for Wests.
View attachment 4353
Kit Laulilii on the charge.
Updated

View attachment 4332
In extremely promising signs for the season ahead, Western Suburbs scored a big victory over a highly-touted Manly side in Round 1 of the SG Ball Cup.

A big portion of the Wests squad consists of players who won the Harold Matthews Cup premiership in 2022, and it was one of that team’s star players, Lachlan Galvin, who scored the Magpies' first try of the new season.

Powerful centre Solomone Saukuru (whose father Joey, coaches the side) produced two damaging efforts to collect a double, while Heath Mason, Heith Pritchard and Faaletino Tavana scored tries.

Galvin collected his second for the day, late in the contest to seal a great opening win for Wests.
View attachment 4353
Kit Laulilii on the charge.
Kit Laulilii looks a solid unit.

I filmed some of the Flegg last year via twitter albeit not very good attempt by me, no issues doing similar again if I can get to games.
It's a start mate, I too would be happy to do likewise when I can, but battery, wobbly arms etc make mobiles not an ideal solution.
Anyone got a tripod?

It's a start mate, I too would be happy to do likewise when I can, but battery, wobbly arms etc make mobiles not an ideal solution.
Anyone got a tripod?
Anyone got a tripod?
I don’t like to boast.

ROUND 2 - Dragons vs Magpies SATURDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 11:30am

Match will be streamed via NSWRLTV

1. Heath Mason
2. Tino Tavana
3. Will Craig
4. Solo Saukuru
5. Ofele Lene
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Luke Keppie
8. Jordan Miller
9. Tallyn Da Silva
10. Chris Faagutu
11. Junior Taungatua
12. Zakauri Clarke
13. Kit Laulilii (c)

14. Valevatu, 15. Bush, 16. Tavui, 17. Pettit-Young

1. Heath Mason
2. Tino Tavana
3. Will Craig
4. Solo Saukuru
5. Ofele Lene
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Luke Keppie
8. Jordan Miller
9. Tallyn Da Silva
10. Chris Faagutu
11. Junior Taungatua
12. Zakauri Clarke
13. Kit Laulilii (c)

Guessing it will depend on how Fa'agutu backs up from the trial as to whether he plays or not. Good side either way and great that Da Silva is back!

Round 2: Balmain v Eels. Saturday 11th February @ 1pm. No stream.

1. Cameron Kanaan
2. Will Malloy
3. Brenden Naicori
4. Josh Feledy (c)
5. Jackson Lill
6. Levi Conti
7. Oliver Lawry
10. Elijah Mataale
14. Bryson Demanuele
15. Will Kennedy
11. Lachlan Broederow
12. Tony Sukkar
13. Jonathan Ibrahim

8. Lavilavi, 9. Lehn, 16. Lawandos, 17. Ata

1. Heath Mason
2. Tino Tavana
3. Will Craig
4. Solo Saukuru
5. Ofele Lene
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Luke Keppie
8. Jordan Miller
9. Tallyn Da Silva
10. Chris Faagutu
11. Junior Taungatua
12. Zakauri Clarke
13. Kit Laulilii (c)

I saw one of the Dragons trial games a few weeks back and I’m looking forward to seeing the clash between our talented props - Miller and Faagutu (if he backs up) and the Saints front rower - Loko Jnr PASIFIKI TONGA. The kid is a giant and was most impressive when I saw him in the trial. Apparently he was recruited from Queensland.

Guessing it will depend on how Fa'agutu backs up from the trial as to whether he plays or not. Good side either way and great that Da Silva is back!
Given he only played about 10-15 mins i imagine he'll be fresh enough to play, provided he isn't too stiff etc

Back