Sheens indicates Moltzen to play FB 2010

alexaki

Just heard an interview from Sheens on the ABC after tonights game…he reflected on the year and stated that Moltzen had a super year and that he is a super fullback who can play halfback as well...That statement alone indicates that Sheens sees Moltzen as a fullback first and halfback second....sad...as most of use here believe Moltzens future is at 7.

Sheens also praised Ayshford and the Super Englishman Ellis...who in my opinion is the Wests Tigers player of the year for 2009...

Anyway folks it has been a typical WT year, we showed lots of promise in 2009 but once again fell one game short of making the semis..next year shows promise(like previous years...) with a bit more luck on the injury front and better selection of players in their rightful positions I reckon we can go far in 2010...at least a top 4 position IMO...ciao for now....... :sign:

we will struggle next year if lui starts the year at half, it has to be moltzen, he really offers nothing at fullback, i dont know what sheens is seeing there, some one help me out because im missing it

@anderson silva said:
we will struggle next year if lui starts the year at half, it has to be moltzen, he really offers nothing at fullback, i dont know what sheens is seeing there, some one help me out because im missing it

Well he's quick, can pass, can tackle, relatively safe under the high ball….can play in the line and score a try....

I just wish Tim would put him in 7

Sheens also said last week Lui will be our halfback next year.

We'll see how it goes - personally IMO Moltzen isn't a fullbacks you know what.

The thing is, if it doesn't work out, stubborn old Tim will change it when its all too late. Just like Morris this year.

Is it just me, or is Moltzen always out of position at fullback?

Dont get me wrong, I love the kid, just love him more when he is at halfback :confused:

@Geo. said:
@anderson silva said:

Well he's quick, can pass, can tackle, relatively safe under the high ball….can play in the line and score a try....

I just wish Tim would put him in 7

That he can. I guess the Tigers are banking on Lui having a strong off-season and kicking on next season like Moltzen did this season. At least we have some serious talent pushing through which will put us in good stead for next season.

@Tigermac said:

Dont get me wrong, I love the kid, just love him more when he is at halfback :confused:

He's always right up in the line, isn't he. I'm the same - thinks he' sgreat, but better at halfback.

@Tigermac said:

I think most feel the same…Moltzen's positional play improved as the Year went on IMO....He is a halfback learning Fullback he will get better....

@alexaki said:
Anyway folks it has been a typical WT year, we showed lots of promise in 2009 but once again fell one game short of making the semis..next year shows promise(like previous years…) with a bit more luck on the injury front and better selection of players in their rightful positions I reckon we can go far in 2010...at least a top 4 position IMO...ciao for now....... :sign:

As always is the case, there is potential and there is a future for some of our players and the club. The thing is im over "potential" I want results now!

Ahh well, at least there were some encouraging signs and we did win 7 of our last 9 with injuries cruelling our chances in those losses, but when u lose 5 games in a row, ur always goin to be scrapping for a finals spot.

i didnt think Lui would be this hated on the forums
give him a full offseason and he will be even better,he show signs vs GC than he will be a very good player
even hes kicking game looks better

i like Moltzen and i think he might be able to play fullback given a full offseason ,but imo sheens needs to make a decsion now on where moltzen future will lie

@X-Pac said:
give him a full offseason and he will be even better,he show signs vs GC than he will be a very good player

i like Moltzen and i think he might be able to play fullback given a full offseason ,but imo sheens needs to make a decsion now on where moltzen future will lie

X Pac one of the more intelligent posts I have read on this forum in a while. Whether Moltzen is fullback or a halfback (im not convinced on this one), Sheens should make a decision and stick with it. I personally prefer Moltzen at the back as I think he adds an extra dimension to our attack from there. I dont think he has the organising or passing game to be a frontline HB.

@X-Pac said:

Some people expect the world from someone like Lui who has played a couple of senior games of league. Lui will be an excellent half for us. Moltzen on the other hand would be okay if he ran the damn ball back occasionally instead of waiting to pass it.

@Yossarian said:
@X-Pac said:

Some people expect the world from someone like Lui who has played a couple of senior games of league. Lui will be an excellent half for us. Moltzen on the other hand would be okay if he ran the damn ball back occasionally instead of waiting to pass it.

no one hates lui, but we cant afford to have a bad start to the season, i hope lui dominates FG like he does 20s but we may have to sacrafice another season without finals football for that to happen

@Tigermac said:

its not just you, he's positioning at fullback is diabolical

against the sharks both tries were scored because he was out of position

the hayne chip and chase would have been stopped by a genuine fullback

rogers try from campbells grubber should have been stopped

moltzen could be a great halfback, he will only ever be an average fullback

Please put 2010 topics in the 2010 section

For sure moltzen s/be half back , Lui is much too slow. Hope Tim doesn't waste games by another bad experiment

Still hopeful of us getting Lote, Sheens has indicated if we did he would give him a short spell on the wing to pick up the pace of the game and then move him to fullback.

Where would that leave Moltzen, halfback or ??.

Lui has a lot going for him, good kicking game, a decent passing game, is very strong and can run the ball but having said that the Tigers really blossomed with Moltzen at half.

Time will tell.

Moltzen one on one defense is excellent, under the high ball he is strong and to play a Hogo style second receiver he has the skills. Okay his postional play at times isnt flash but is getting better and better. Gallant had speed to burn and could sniff out a chance up the middle but was always going to struggle a little under the high ball and the one on one defense mainly because of his statue. Iam one of the few who actually dont mind the idea of lui at 7 and Moltzen no1\. Although I have a gut feeling Mitch Brown might end up at fullback.

To me Moltzen is potentially a better fullback then half. He is a running player with plenty of speed and skill who can pick and choose where to inject himself.

He didn't show much of a kicking game at half and his organising skills are to be proven. Just because we won games while he was at half doesn't make him a halfback. Benji probably played more at first reciever anyway whilst Moltzen was half.

Lui to me seemed to be level headed and plays a more traditional halfbacks role, just what we need with the brilliance of Marshall and potentially Moltzen.

Back