Sheens pushes Moltzen for NSW; Tuqiri to miss season start

What a classic… 3 Years as our first choice Fullback, and all this time he is a potential NSW Halfback?! :crazy

Sad to hear about Lote though... I hope he comes good and we don't see a repeat of our last Left Wing! :frowning:

Come On Tigers... No more Injuries!!!

Realistically Moltzen's only chance at SOO this season will be a utility role off the bench I think he would need at least two real good years as a halfback before the SOO Origin selectors would look at him as a starting half back

Sheensy obviously thought we were being too quiet on the Forum and wanted to start a 30 odd page assault on poor old Moltz

I don't see why everyone is saying Moltzen should have been half the last two years, in fairness Robert Lui had been playing well and helped us to two top four finishes.

@helmesy said:
I don't see why everyone is saying Moltzen should have been half the last two years, in fairness Robert Lui had been playing well and helped us to two top four finishes.

Agreed but for the most part, Tim was hopeless at the back

Unless Mitchell Pearce is injured or has a really really poor season, he will be NSW halfback for the next 2-3-4 years especially if Ricky Stuart remains coach. So like HT said his only chance would be a Utility role off the Bench, but even then Gidley, Luke Lewis are ahead of him.

Moltz is a halfback always was. Sheensy moved him to fullback because back then benji was going to play 7.

He was Junior Kangaroos halfback in 07.

@smeghead said:
New season, clean slate. Hope he has an utter blinder of a season and carries his finals series confidence throughout the season

Couldn't agree more. He played like a busted for 3/4 of last season, but once he had a go and found his mojo, he was good, and can get better. Hopefully the understanding he has with Benji will allow him to find his feet at halfback quickly and he kills it this season. He'll certainly be playing behind a solid and talented forward pack.

@KingOvKingz09 said:
Unless Mitchell Pearce is injured or has a really really poor season, he will be NSW halfback for the next 2-3-4 years especially if Ricky Stuart remains coach. So like HT said his only chance would be a Utility role off the Bench, but even then Gidley, Luke Lewis are ahead of him.

He's more likely taking the #6 off Soward than the #7 off Pearce. Pearce is a much more rounded halfback than Moltzen.

@stryker said:
@cktiger said:
Won't be long before the anti - Moltz brigade get on this one….
Obviously his coach doesn't think he's lacking what's required for SOO - skill, heart ....and a backbone

It wasnt an anti Moltz brigade mate….it was an anti _**Moltz playing fullback**_ brigade. Now he is back in the halves you'll find the support for him will be back to normal.

There was plenty of people claiming he couldn't play halfback either.

Their was huge anti moltzen sentiment everywhere

@tiger rat said:
@innsaneink said:
So Sheens thinks he's an origin standard half, yet he played him at fullback for how long two years?

And gave him the option to find another club . lol

maybe sheens also thought lui was 'origin standard', or even Aus standard, ie. slightly above moltzen, therefore pushing him back to fullback…haha

Maybe Sheens was trying to get his best players on the field & figured that Benji, Moltzen & Lui represented his best 3 backline playmakers? There's only 2 Halves positions, so someone shuffled to fullback to compete with….well...hey- someone had to play fullback, right?

@Goose said:
@stryker said:
@cktiger said:
Won't be long before the anti - Moltz brigade get on this one….
Obviously his coach doesn't think he's lacking what's required for SOO - skill, heart ....and a backbone

It wasnt an anti Moltz brigade mate….it was an anti _**Moltz playing fullback**_ brigade. Now he is back in the halves you'll find the support for him will be back to normal.

There was plenty of people claiming he couldn't play halfback either.

Their was huge anti moltzen sentiment everywhere

what do you expect people to say when he refused to service his outside backs?
i will always view him as average until he actually shows he can consistently throw a ball before the line.
so far he hasn't.if he shows he has developed this part f his game,the accolades will come.

sheens says alot of things,just like ben galea many years ago representing at hooker when we all knew farah would become the starter.
this is just the standard pre season fluff article.

@Chadman's Ghost said:
Maybe Sheens was trying to get his best players on the field & figured that Benji, Moltzen & Lui represented his best 3 backline playmakers? There's only 2 Halves positions, so someone shuffled to fullback to compete with….well...hey- someone had to play fullback, right?

The problem with that theory is we didn't see Robert Lui until Round 23 in 2009\. Prior to that Sheens still thought Moltzen was a Fullback and J Mo was a better option in the Halves…

Moltzen is not that good. I hope he plays well @ 7 for us and works well with benji but if he plays 7 for nsw I'll give it away.
Nsw needs elite halves not players that can't kick and don't pass.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

I was right … didn't take long for all the knockers!
Realistically Sheens is talking his players up before the start of the season and Moltzen would need to kill it at half to be picked there for Origin this year - but people seem to forget he has already been named in the emerging Blues squad while Sheens had him playing half , centre , wing, fullback and bottlewasher last year.
Obviously some of the good judges of football talent in this forum haven't been asked to be rep selectors - or maybe they don't know as much as they think :unamused:

@cktiger said:
I was right … didn't take long for all the knockers!
Realistically Sheens is talking his players up before the start of the season and Moltzen would need to kill it at half to be picked there for Origin this year - but people seem to forget he has already been named in the emerging Blues squad while Sheens had him playing half , centre , wing, fullback and bottlewasher last year.
Obviously some of the good judges of football talent in this forum haven't been asked to be rep selectors - or maybe they don't know as much as they think :unamused:

Well seeing that NSW have lost the last 6 series maybe we should have been consulted CK

Back