Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How? Luai takes his place. If Fainu and Sullivan are as good as people are saying, Sezar just blocks their path in 25. There is no spot for him.
Look at Penriths model.

If Nathan or Luai go down model... they aren't throwing in rookies.

They've got seasoned back up, in the likes of Salmon or Cogger or even NSW cup royalty (😂) Kurt Falls.

Sezar is the guy for 2024, yes Luai is coming in 2025 and that gives us a year to get the kids some experience but to say Sezar has no value is such a poor take, in any context.

Say what you want about him as a player but Benji wanted him here for a reason & I think that's why he won't be just a one season wonder at the Tigers... he'll stick around as a mentor or a trainer or the like and provide a lot of value to this club.

Look at Penriths model.

If Nathan or Luai go down model... they aren't throwing in rookies.

They've got seasoned back up, in the likes of Salmon or Cogger or even NSW cup royalty (😂) Kurt Falls.

Sezar is the guy for 2024, yes Luai is coming in 2025 and that gives us a year to get the kids some experience but to say Sezar has no value is such a poor take, in any context.

Say what you want about him as a player but Benji wanted him here for a reason & I think that's why he won't be just a one season wonder at the Tigers... he'll stick around as a mentor or a trainer or the like and provide a lot of value to this club.
So you think 5 halves in the top 30 is a good balance?

Imagine someone told us last year that
- brooks replaced with luai
- Pascoe replaced with richardson
- board dissolved

This is dream stuff for tigers. I will now become a member again after stopping my membership 2 years ago to make a point. Get rid of nofa and it’s a full new page wowwwwwwwwewwwww.

I don't necessarily think he'll stay in the top 30 after 2024.

And thus, that's where the value lies.
Our cup team will probably be young as well in 2025 and onward, so an experience 7 helping them out and assisting with development.

I don't necessarily think he'll stay in the top 30 after 2024.

And thus, that's where the value lies.
Our cup team will probably be young as well in 2025 and onward, so an experience 7 helping them out and assisting with development.
He’s not going to be signed outside the top 30 for 2025. Will not happen.

He’s not going to be signed outside the top 30 for 2025. Will not happen.
You said he has no value.
I am disagreeing.

Not debating he's going to stay in the top 30.

Penrith kept Ciraldo & Andrew Wallace involved in the club and look at them now, going strong.

I'm saying it's a ridiculous comment saying some one cannot provide value, in some capacity.

You said he has no value.
I am disagreeing.

Not debating he's going to stay in the top 30.

Penrith kept Ciraldo & Andrew Wallace involved in the club and look at them now, going strong.

I'm saying it's a ridiculous comment saying some one cannot provide value, in some capacity.
If you want to stretch it and say he would be valuable in an off field role, go for it. But im pretty sure you know what I meant. His role as the veteran half in 2024. THAT ROLE for him becomes null and void in 2025. Its not needed, because someone even better, with a much better resume will be in the halves leading us.

If you want to stretch it and say he would be valuable in an off field role, go for it. But im pretty sure you know what I meant. His role as the veteran half in 2024. THAT ROLE for him becomes null and void in 2025. Its not needed, because someone even better, with a much better resume will be in the halves leading us.
You're the one who said he has no value.

Luai over Sezar any day of the week as first choice halfback.

However, Benji reached out to Sezar, not the other way around... like to see how he goes in 2024 and have him stick around and continue doing what he was brought here to do in the first place, in cup or at a trainer or coaching level.

Very high IQ footballer with a lot to offer in a position like that, in my opinion.

We already have 5 in the Top 30 for 2024.

Sezer
Doueihi
Fainu
Galvin
Sullivan.

It's a fine idea, particularly if those players offer some utility value as well. One or two major injuries and you're immediately into your 3rd or 4th string combination otherwise..

We already have 5 in the Top 30 for 2024.

Sezer
Doueihi
Fainu
Galvin
Sullivan.

It's a fine idea, particularly if those players offer some utility value as well. One or two major injuries and you're immediately into your 3rd or 4th string combination otherwise..
Have to play Api at 7 again...

😆

$200K with the current cap is a steal. I think Sezer is going to play like he has something to prove in '24.

Firstly …the $200k figure is a hypothetical from someone here,,,i doubt he would play for that…however it still won’t change the fact with JL coming here and the younger guys .. he wont be required for 2025

Reactions: 851
You're the one who said he has no value.
As a player, yes. Once Luai is announced. Even by some miracle the news about Luai turns out not to be true, there’s no guarantee Sezar even warrants an extra year. Idk why it seems like it’s automatic that he’ll be here. Clearly the club don’t see it that way, otherwise they’d have signed him for longer than a year.

As a player, yes. Once Luai is announced. Even by some miracle the news about Luai turns out not to be true. There’s no guarantee Sezar even warrants an extra year. Idk why it seems like it’s automatic that he’ll be here. Clearly the club don’t see it that way, otherwise they’d have signed him for longer than a year.
There's a mutual option for 2025...

So yeah, maybe the club feels he could offer something more than just a year of helping out.

Latest posts

Members online

Back