Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The only issues are which club wants a 3rd string wingera(thats how the 17th ream rates him)nd how much are they willing to pay
We paid 400 of Mbyes Dragons 800kcontract,and this is not disimiliar,ecept it's 2 years
Frankly that's a cost we need to incur of doing business and getting his attitude out of the joint

I get it’s a tricky one.

If we crumble and lose $2-300k out of the cap by subsiding his next deal. It will affect us over the Next few years.

He isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, so let him take care of himself.

If you are a current tigers player, and one of your team mates, turns up out of shape, puts in Minimal effort, gets pushed hard and called out because of this and then complains to an outside party rather then rectifying the issue, then Goes missing from training. How does that group feel?

And finally after agreeing to move forward and having the opportunity to start fresh. Somehow within a week breaks team standards by turning up late to training again.

There would be no respect given by current team mates.

It would be uncomfortable and untenable, let’s not easily discard that this does look very intentional.

Noffa has been a loyal and committed clubman, so I don’t disagree or disregard that fact. Unfortunately he is not willing to meet the new standards the club is driving. Irregardless of who the player is, we only want and need players who are committed 100%, I am extremely happy to see this.

These stories that’s are in the public domain.

Do get pushed by player managers, trying ti control narratives or manipulate public perception.

History does show this, especially when players are agitating for a release, but for a release with no loss of income.

The difference here is that we don’t or won’t take any of his contract on the books if he goes. Where we have with others in the past.

He’s long odds to be here round 1. It’s been made clear to him that he is lower in the pecking order, and his manager is looking to look after his client, so planting a story here or there, to ensure tigers do everything they can to get him off the books is good managing. (Scummy game, but good if you’re the client, looking for a place that wants you without the decrease in income).

Really not too different to the tigers and olam. Melb did want us to heavily subsidise not only his contract, but also play blore to go there.

Let the tug of war play out.

Still plenty of water to go under the bridge before round 1.
An Olam for Nofa trade is the best outcome for us. Their contracts are similar and they both need a change.

Don't wanna be too hard on the guy, I know some thought he was promising.

I never saw it...
Wasn't the player we needed.

I'm hopeful Solomon Alaimalo impresses though.
Yep. Reilly had some good instincts in attack, how to hit a hole and straighten up,, nice tackling technique but doesn’t “love” the contact from what I observed

Whoever got our pathways actually developing top tier talent again deserves credit. It's been a long time since I have been this confident in the young players we have coming through.

I always thought that Papenhuyzen was the last great player we developed. He signed for Melbourne in 2017, meaning it's been 6 years since we had a player with a superstar ceiling in our system. That's a long time for fans like us to have no hope for the season, no hope that there are good players coming through that we just have to wait a couple of years for them to develop.

Have a feeling we have at least one player of that quality in this next batch of kids coming through who are just starting to turn 18. Lachlan Galvin may even be one of them. The kid is 🔥. If you thought Jahream Bula was good, wait until you see what some of these other guys can do. Now imagine them all on the same team. We could have happy days ahead of us.

Last edited:
Whoever got our pathways actually developing top tier talent again deserves credit. It's been a long time since I have been this confident in the young players we have coming through.

I always thought that Papenhuyzen was the last great player we developed. He signed for Melbourne in 2017, meaning it's been 6 years since we had a player with a superstar ceiling in our system. That's a long time for fans like us to have no hope for the season, no hope that there are good players coming through that we just have to wait a couple of years for them to develop.

Have a feeling we have at least one player of that quality in this next batch of kids coming through who are just starting to turn 18. Lachlan Galvin may even be one of them. The kid is 🔥. If you thought Jahream Bula was good, wait until you see what some of these other guys can do. Now imagine them all on the same team. We could have happy days ahead of us.
It's actually pretty crazy that for as large of a catchment area that we have that brooks,nofa and doueihi were the only locals to play last year until talyn and kit came off the bench.

It's even crazier that we're probably going to start the year with no locals in our first team, just goes to show how bad our junior development was for ages.

It's actually pretty crazy that for as large of a catchment area that we have that brooks,nofa and doueihi were the only locals to play last year until talyn and kit came off the bench.

It's even crazier that we're probably going to start the year with no locals in our first team, just goes to show how bad our junior development was for ages.
Yeah Richo stated ours is bigger than Penriths...I think weve spent a generation farting around wasting time

Criminal

For sure bro. Haven't discounted Nado def
in the mix and training well. Lobb'ster has
a real chance too bro. Especially given his
combo with bud. Really good 2 have these
types of convos. Who knows what Benj &
the coaching have up their sleeves
Hopefully more than just a pack of Winfield Reds.

Let’s hope all four of Sullivan, Latu Fainu, Lachlan Galvin and Onitoni Large fulfill their potential while playing for Wests Tigers and stick with the cub long term.
Not sure how that happens if we sign Luai for 5 years from 2025 ?
Large is only 16. Bit premature talking about his long term plans. Will only be 22 when Luai‘s contract is up.

Let’s hope all four of Sullivan, Latu Fainu, Lachlan Galvin and Onitoni Large fulfill their potential while playing for Wests Tigers and stick with the cub long term.
Not sure how that happens if we sign Luai for 5 years from 2025 ?

Having too many good halves would be a great problem to have … I assume you watched the team in 2023 and saw what happens when you have no depth in the position and little talent to begin with ..

Maybe someone …say Sullivan.. could be swapped for an outside back come the 2026 season if they feel they have an over supply at the position,…

In the meantime just enjoy it

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back