Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's actually pretty crazy that for as large of a catchment area that we have that brooks,nofa and doueihi were the only locals to play last year until talyn and kit came off the bench.

It's even crazier that we're probably going to start the year with no locals in our first team, just goes to show how bad our junior development was for ages.
Yeah Richo stated ours is bigger than Penriths...I think weve spent a generation farting around wasting time

Criminal

For sure bro. Haven't discounted Nado def
in the mix and training well. Lobb'ster has
a real chance too bro. Especially given his
combo with bud. Really good 2 have these
types of convos. Who knows what Benj &
the coaching have up their sleeves
Hopefully more than just a pack of Winfield Reds.

Let’s hope all four of Sullivan, Latu Fainu, Lachlan Galvin and Onitoni Large fulfill their potential while playing for Wests Tigers and stick with the cub long term.
Not sure how that happens if we sign Luai for 5 years from 2025 ?
Large is only 16. Bit premature talking about his long term plans. Will only be 22 when Luai‘s contract is up.

Let’s hope all four of Sullivan, Latu Fainu, Lachlan Galvin and Onitoni Large fulfill their potential while playing for Wests Tigers and stick with the cub long term.
Not sure how that happens if we sign Luai for 5 years from 2025 ?

Having too many good halves would be a great problem to have … I assume you watched the team in 2023 and saw what happens when you have no depth in the position and little talent to begin with ..

Maybe someone …say Sullivan.. could be swapped for an outside back come the 2026 season if they feel they have an over supply at the position,…

In the meantime just enjoy it

Large is only 16. Bit premature talking about his long term plans. Will only be 22 when Luai‘s contract is up.
Champion players don’t wait around until they are 22 for a crack at NRL.
I will say there is no reason Onitoni Large cannot initially play as a centre if/when he makes his NRL debut, based on standing out as a centre and being captain of the young Waratah’s Team in that position.
Likewise Galvin could initially be very handy as a 14 due to his versatility and looks to have the attributes to potentially become a very good 13 or left edge back rower.
I cannot see Latu Fainu being all that suited to other positions other than 5/8 or possibly as a 9.
I just think we are succumbing to public and fan pressure in looking to sign the first big name that pops up, without considering what’s already in our own backyard and at least giving them an opportunity to show what they can do in their preferred position at NRL level before shutting the door on them.
Sure it’s a risk, same as paying an ageing Luai massive money long term is also a risk.

Good on ya Benji,

You have got things going in the right direction, dont see many negative posts on WTF
in the last few days.
You have given WT supporters something to look forward to For the clubs future.
Getting positive comments instead of negative comments.

Go you West Tigers.
Lets start kicking some arse next year.

MERRY XMAS & A
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Luai is in his prime and has just played in his fourth, I’ll repeat FOURTH straight NRL grand final. Comparing him to guys who have looked good playing junior rep football is somewhat delusional. If a kid is good, they will come through the grades and push for a spot in time.

Pretty sure illias is a tigers junior also, not many rate him but I think he's pretty solid personally not sure if or when he left the tigers system though
I believe, WT kicked him to the kerb after he suffered a bad ankle injury in the junior grades. Souths threw him a lifeline because of Benji...

Reactions: 851
For those saying Sezer will only be here 12 months he will be the perfect foil for Luai. Sullivan /Fainu off the bench.

How good?!
Guess we’ll wait and see. Easy to make these sorts of predictions over the summer when optimism is sky high. Opinions will be interesting to read if/when we lose a few.

Luai is in his prime and has just played in his fourth, I’ll repeat FOURTH straight NRL grand final. Comparing him to guys who have looked good playing junior rep football is somewhat delusional. If a kid is good, they will come through the grades and push for a spot in time.
Yep agreed. We’ve recruited on potential for too long.

PS. Please Tigers fire Noffa and Douhei.

Champion players don’t wait around until they are 22 for a crack at NRL.
I will say there is no reason Onitoni Large cannot initially play as a centre if/when he makes his NRL debut, based on standing out as a centre and being captain of the young Waratah’s Team in that position.
Likewise Galvin could initially be very handy as a 14 due to his versatility and looks to have the attributes to potentially become a very good 13 or left edge back rower.
I cannot see Latu Fainu being all that suited to other positions other than 5/8 or possibly as a 9.
I just think we are succumbing to public and fan pressure in looking to sign the first big name that pops up, without considering what’s already in our own backyard and at least giving them an opportunity to show what they can do in their preferred position at NRL level before shu

Well… it looks like he is coming … so let’s hope they have got a plan to develop these kids anyway….

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Members online

Back