Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What are peoples genuine expectations now leading into 2024? For me, around the 12th to 10 would be a huge improvement. I'm not really expecting much and will let the team decide where they finish. But man, there is something different in the air this time. For the past 4 years, I've never expected much, and I usually kept very reserved about my expectations, but now hopefully we can see improvement.
A too 14 finish is probably a pass mark, but top 8 is achievable.

What are peoples genuine expectations now leading into 2024? For me, around the 12th to 10 would be a huge improvement. I'm not really expecting much and will let the team decide where they finish. But man, there is something different in the air this time. For the past 4 years, I've never expected much, and I usually kept very reserved about my expectations, but now hopefully we can see improvement.
I still think scoring points will be an issue for 2024. If we get out of the bottom four with this roster would be around par. Obviously young halves are the big unknown.

I've been really impatient with this Club, can't fathom how you can't finish in the top half, 12 years in a row. But, you have to acknowledge that we are currently bottom of the birdcage, if we can win 8-9 games in 2024, I'll be happy, and I think we genuinely make the 8 in 2025. I think we now will have better decision makers making better decisions for WT.

Im optimistic of the influence the Jarome Luai move will have on recruitment and retention into 2025.
100 percent. In terms of on field performance 1.2 mill might be too much, but including the culture change he brings, his leadership abilities and potential to attract other players of higher calibre to sign on or stay for unders 1.2 mill is a deadset bargain for us.

At the risk of being told to go to the silver tails forum, I think he’ll prove a few of you wrong this year.
Not really dude . Every mistake will be the biggest mistake to ever happen and every thing he does well will be someone else’s praise .
Rightly or wrongly he has to play almost origin level to have any chance of breaking the wider NRL community opinion - that he’s shit
Not my opinion FYI

With Luai our current squad are prob top 8 in 25, that's just with what we have now. This year though prob bottom 4 I'd say 14th or 15th. I can live with that on the condition we are giving the younger guys exposure and experience and are setting things up for when Luai does arrive. If we can win 8 - 10 games that would be an awesome achievement. Possible as we wernt really badly beaten too often last year just couldn't get the ball over the line.

I still think scoring points will be an issue for 2024. If we get out of the bottom four with this roster would be around par. Obviously young halves are the big unknown.
Hoping we have a new backline, Toa might be the only stayer for me…
I'll be frank that I cannot consider someone a true Balmain / Wests Tigers man if he pays money to be the main sponsor of another club.

At least Lee H put most of his money into Tigers before any other club sponsorship.
The old man Laundy isn’t the one throwing money at footy teams for mine - or he’d been doing it for longer…
It’s the boys…
guessing they’re not Tigers fans

I feel with all the changes going vibe at the club and around the players could be a good kick for them , it’s a new everything , positive thinking can always help , we looked beaten before games last year , warm ups were lethargic, we have upgraded our halves , made some good solid recruitment in Bud , Sezer , Olam , Fanui , couple good prospects in the lower grade , I also look for an improved Papi , Bateman , Bulla , Stef , Staines , Big Klemmer will just do his normal work which is always solid , I feel a top 10/12 could happen but a solid start 3 from 5 we could play into a top 8 spot , confidence and believe in them self’s

Everything must be judged in its context, so we shall compare our performance in defence and attack with 2022/23. Will we have more line breaks, meters run, repeat sets, assistances, offloads, more tries scored, less let-in, and most importantly, many more games won?
Many of us can "see that light", but is it the end of the tunnel or just an incoming locomotive? Hopefully, we will enjoy the ride. :D
"Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead?"🐅💪

I'll be frank that I cannot consider someone a true Balmain / Wests Tigers man if he pays money to be the main sponsor of another club.

At least Lee H put most of his money into Tigers before any other club sponsorship.
Laundys original pubs were smack bang in the middle of the Canterbury Bankstown area.
Business decision.

Really. Dragons have multiple options at Centre.
Talk is they will start with Suli and Bird with Lomax at Fullback. But at any stage they needs a change Lomax returns and Bird goes into the forwards.
I’m struggling to see how Corey Allan was getting any first grade time?
The Dragons will need those players in the halves.

I suspect Bird could go to 5/8 as the Dragons are that desperate. They could then bring Allen to the centers as Lomax wants fullback and will have a sook if he doesn't get it.

Man Moses Suli, what is it with a good player being paired with such a bad attitude.

The Dragons will need those players in the halves.

I suspect Bird could go to 5/8 as the Dragons are that desperate. They could then bring Allen to the centers as Lomax wants fullback and will have a sook if he doesn't get it.

Man Moses Suli, what is it with a good player being paired with such a bad attitude.
Allan ruptured his ACL

The Highlanders are not really liked by anyone else, especially when they gravitate down to POM or Lae and introduce their “unique” style of conflict resolution !
Yea, ah.... Honestly the weird thing about PNG is that you are liked if you are a foreigner.

An Indian priest used to get bashed up, they thought he was from Cimbu (different to Chimbu).
They then learned that he was actually from India and left him alone for a bit. Ok they shot him in the face and he survived, so maybe they gave up.

Coastal people hate Highlanders, highlanders hate coastals, people hate rascals from Moresby and Lae (Lae I heard was getting worse) and everyone hates Sepik's.

Even then a brother will get drunk on 2 beers and kill a family member. But hey if you are a white foreigner you may get robbed but you will be Okay...

Yeah nah!!

What club was he Chairman of in 2022???

And somehow noone considered this to be a conflict of interest???

1705118183229.png

Im optimistic of the influence the Jarome Luai move will have on recruitment and retention into 2025.
I'm optimistic that we can recruit less and retain more.... As we should.

Honestly 2015-2023 has been us trying to solve our problems via recruitment, only Api Koroisau has worked out and even then we still came 17th.

With the front row experience + front row talent coming up I am hoping we don't need to recruit more and can develop what we have. I only saw AFB as worth recruiting and with no other game changes on the radar, we can start being more picky.

Our backs, I am hoping we can keep the same 1-5 for a few seasons and let some combinations develop. We don't have a utility, except for maybe Naden.... Really hoping though we can just get consistency in the back line. We just need players who can trust the player next too them. We haven't had an actual team in ages....

Once you have Centers who trust their wingers and vice versa we will start seeing options develop for our halves. This will give Luai/Fainu what they want in 2025, a backline they can use to run into gaps.

How's Fainu training for the guys that know?

And when does Sezer arrive?

This is key.

Can we build a successful combination.

It's been many years since this club had a successful halves combination.

Any finals fantasies hinge on it.
I watched him train pre Xmas. Was very vocal in offence and defence in the practice match I saw them play.

Latest posts

Back