Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The guy Big Screen has been talking about is a quality athlete and been closely looked at by a few NRL clubs for a few years now. The stumbling block is the ARU are paying him decent coin and most NRL clubs would not risk paying him the same coin as he is an unknown quantity as far as grade NRL. Also wingers you try and fill with mid to lower tier contracts.

If Benji is hoping to play an expansive attacking style game having two speed machines on each wing would be the way to go. Alex Johnson for Souths is pretty handy in making the most of a overlap

The guy Big Screen has been talking about is a quality athlete and been closely looked at by a few NRL clubs for a few years now. The stumbling block is the ARU are paying him decent coin and most NRL clubs would not risk paying him the same coin as he is an unknown quantity as far as grade NRL. Also wingers you try and fill with mid to lower tier contracts.

If Benji is hoping to play an expansive attacking style game having two speed machines on each wing would be the way to go. Alex Johnson for Souths is pretty handy in making the most of a overlap
Agree, but he’s actually not a winger, they just play him there due to speed. He’s a centre / fullback.

Everyone writing off Doueihi.

With Luai, Sullivan, Sezar, Fainu...if these guys put that big body through a gap, he's a monster in the centres.

Our BEST centre, I'd suggest.

People are letting a couple of games where he tried too hard at 5/8 plus injuries cloud what we knew prior to those things- he's the most dangerous attacking weapon in the team.

And for people saying he's too slow- wasn't it Doueihi that ran down Tommy Turbo after he gapped us early last year?

With Luai, Sullivan, Sezar, Fainu...if these guys put that big body through a gap, he's a monster in the centres.

People are letting a couple of games where he tried too hard at 5/8 plus injuries cloud what we knew prior to those things- he's the most dangerous attacking weapon in the team.

And for people saying he's too slow- wasn't it Doueihi that ran down Tommy Turbo after he gapped us early last year?

Thats nice…. When is he recovered from his injury? July?

I don't mind the games he tried too hard...issue is the games he didn't try at all, can reward that if we are resetting standards has to start I'm reserve grade and earn consideration in any position.

I don't mind the games he tried too hard...issue is the games he didn't try at all, can reward that if we are resetting standards has to start I'm reserve grade and earn consideration in any position.
Classy player when at his best.
Apparently he’s worked extremely hard to get back on the field ASAP and if another ACL injury hasn’t slowed him down too much he will be in our NRL 17 somewhere.

Classy player when at his best.
Apparently he’s worked extremely hard to get back on the field ASAP and if another ACL injury hasn’t slowed him down too much he will be in our NRL 17 somewhere.

Can turn a game on its head, could be our utility/
strike player mid-year off the bench. Wouldn't
bet against Doueihi, he's playing 4 his league career

Can turn a game on its head, could be our utility/
strike player mid-year off the bench. Wouldn't
bet against Doueihi, he's playing 4 his league career
Doesn’t matter how motivated he is if his body isn’t up to it. Everyone coming to his defence seems to think it’s only about his ability. It isn’t. His body is broken.

Payne Haas did an interview after he played us last year and I believe he was miked up. We were defending our line and Haas made the call “Douiehi is in the line” and called for the ball. He ran straight at him and bounced off him easily for a try - he knew he was an excellent chance at scoring.

I agree that he is dangerous in attack but needs to vastly improve his defence. Those calling for him to play in the centres should also be aware that if his one of the hardest positions to defend. Lots of shape will be thrown at him and he will be targeted (Think Cody Walker).

Personally, I’d like to see him as a ball playing lock. Yes, more defensive load but less decisions. He is a big body and can ball play he just needs to find the attitude in defence.

Fair call that , and i would like nothing more than to see him fight his way back

Doesn’t matter how motivated he is if his body isn’t up to it. Everyone coming to his defence seems to think it’s only about his ability. It isn’t. His body is broken.

We got body language experts & now online
physios now. I was just pointing to Doueihi's
determination to get back. You wouldn't want
someone at 25 telling you u 2 hang it up neither

Douehi May turn into a centre.
As it stands currently, he’s bloody awful there.

Latest posts

Members online

Back