Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I doubt it, do an estimate on what the players we have signed for 2025.
It’s hard to come up with an end figure below 10 million.

We absolutely have cash. With Nofa going it’s a huge plus on 2 fronts - we can pivot his long service amount and cap count to another player which has more than 1 benefit to us.

We had an offer on the table for AFB which we pulled at the same time as we did with Luai and Olam. To make a formal offer you need the cap space.

Add to this we have players off end of 25 also which when you sign someone it’s rare it’s for 1 season so you can move the cap space around.

Definitely won’t be til top, but he’s a professional who always looks after his condition so gives himself every chance ti come back ok.

AD for someone who has been off his legs for a while looks ripped and has bulked up abit. In the pics he looks bigger than some of our forwards.
If he is hungry I’m sure he can add value for us it’s just what position and if he can just hammer than position for longer term success.

We got body language experts & now online
physios now. I was just pointing to Doueihi's
determination to get back. You wouldn't want
someone at 25 telling you u 2 hang it up neither
Tim Moltzen wouldn’t have liked it either. But he had to give it away.

Vaguely remember some accusations of plagiarism directed at him. Possibly going back to his time as a political speechwriter. Might have been Roy & HG who first called him The Parrot.

From my faulty i memory i think he stole a quote or 2 from William Shakespear and told Malcolm Fraser to use it in his speaches

Everyone writing off Doueihi.

With Luai, Sullivan, Sezar, Fainu...if these guys put that big body through a gap, he's a monster in the centres.

Our BEST centre, I'd suggest.

People are letting a couple of games where he tried too hard at 5/8 plus injuries cloud what we knew prior to those things- he's the most dangerous attacking weapon in the team.

And for people saying he's too slow- wasn't it Doueihi that ran down Tommy Turbo after he gapped us early last year?
Our best centre? Now I’ve heard it all…

We got body language experts & now online
physios now. I was just pointing to Doueihi's
determination to get back. You wouldn't want
someone at 25 telling you u 2 hang it up neither
Who do you support? The Tigers or Lebanon?

You are incredibly biased towards Doueihi (and any other Lebanese player for that matter). You may not see it. I know he's Lebanese and all, but you need to be objective sometimes. Every player that's been injured has the determination to get back. Why is Doueihi so special?

He needs to massively turn his game around before he is even considered for first grade. He's a total liability as it stands.

Who do you support? The Tigers or Lebanon?

You are incredibly biased towards Doueihi (and any other Lebanese player for that matter). You may not see it. I know he's Lebanese and all, but you need to be objective sometimes. Every player that's been injured has the determination to get back. Why is Doueihi so special?

He needs to massively turn his game around before he is even considered for first grade. He's a total liability as it stands.
Total liability?

As a group, we are experts at overstatements.

Nathan Brown is 30 years old...are you saying we should "stockpile" 30 year olds to develop them into first graders?
I was merely giving an example of how clubs can have quality players or players with potential outside of the top 30without impacting the cap and my comments were in relation to proposition of bringing a young rugby 7’s player with potential into the club without putting the cap out of shape or taking up a spot in the 30. I also identified in a later response how little rugby 7’s get paid to show it could be feasible. Nathan brown, Thomas mikale, Diaz have all played 1st grade and are now on train and trial contracts ( I also provided the provisions of the NRL train and trial contracts). Once again I will state my original response was in relation to a young rugby 7’s player that could be possibly be brought to the club without taking up a top 30 spot or putting the cap out of shape.

I was merely giving an example of how clubs can have quality players or players with potential outside of the top 30without impacting the cap and my comments were in relation to proposition of bringing a young rugby 7’s player with potential into the club without putting the cap out of shape or taking up a spot in the 30. I also identified in a later response how little rugby 7’s get paid to show it could be feasible. Nathan brown, Thomas mikale, Diaz have all played 1st grade and are now on train and trial contracts ( I also provided the provisions of the NRL train and trial contracts). Once again I will state my original response was in relation to a young rugby 7’s player that could be possibly be brought to the club without taking up a top 30 spot or putting the cap out of shape.
Yeah and my point if he's that good, he isn't going to sit in reserve grade for $1,000 a game playing for the Magpies while working a second job.

You are also quoting guys that are not sitting in reserves because they are younbg and not ready yet. You are quoting has beens that aren't good enough to make it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back