Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yep got that, he's 19 apparently, why didn't they say that in the first place 🤣🤣🤣🤣
After seeing the 40-10 thrashing of the young lads it looks like we're going for outside help.
I wonder if this is a Sheen's thing?
Sheens found the likes of Noa Nadruku in rugby 7s + Ruben Wiki - Quentin Pongia & John Lomax from NZRL park footy and the list goes on........

And won a premiership with them in 1994!

He has more knowledge and genuine feel for rugby league than anyone on this forum or within the club!!!

Do yourself a favour & meet the man - he will talk league for hours regardless of whether you are a CEO or his garbo!!

Great man!

Sheens found the likes of Noa Nadruku in rugby 7s + Ruben Wiki - Quentin Pongia & John Lomax from NZRL park footy and the list goes on........

He has more knowledge and genuine feel for rugby league than anyone on this forum or within the club!!!

Do yourself a favour & meet the man - he will talk league for hours regardless of whether you are a CEO or his garbo!!

Great man!
you remember the ceo of Canberra when act brumbies started ,that got caught rorting n left.look like John Quails plump brother

Great man!
I have spoken to him, I rate the guy.
I heard that Phil Gould has full control of the Dogs and is on 900k+ whereas Sheens apparently doesn't have full control and is only on ½ that wage.
If this is true, is that not a joke?
The only way to get out of this mess is for the office to keep out of Sheens way.
It's like an Ambo arriving at a carnage traffic accident...get out of their way and let them go to work.
Sheens should have full access to all recourses and have boards authority to act in their best interests.
Is this happening, I don't know, it's what is rumoured by DT.

Great man!

Unfortunately sounds like the club haven't given him enough power to make real changes.

I have spoken to him, I rate the guy.
I heard that Phil Gould has full control of the Dogs and is on 900k+ whereas Sheens apparently doesn't have full control and is only on ½ that wage.
If this is true, is that not a joke?
The only way to get out of this mess is for the office to keep out of Sheens way.
It's like an Ambo arriving at a carnage traffic accident...get out of their way and let them go to work.
Sheens should have full access to all recourses and have boards authority to act in their best interests.
Is this happening, I don't know, it's what is rumoured by DT.

Sounds about right mate, look at his fluff title "head of performance' aka head of helping Lee and pascoe keep their job.

Sounds like he oversees the appointment of performance staff but not involved in coaching what a waste.

I really think Sheens coming here in the first place [before he got upgraded to oversee football performance or whatever wanky name it's called] was with pathways and to coincide his appointment with the opening of the COE.
That facilty will be a huge boost to our pathways.
From juniors, indigenous players and all the way up to NRL, they can all have a central state of the art facility to train and develop.
Sheens would be perfect to get the best out of the facility.
Parents and players alike will feel part of an organized establishment rather than the rabble it is now.
The Front Office has stepped back somewhat so hopefully Sheens can work his magic.
The COE is the next important piece of the puzzle and so is recruitment of at least two more marquee players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds about right mate, look at his fluff title "head of performance' aka head of helping Lee and pascoe keep their job.

Sounds like he oversees the appointment of performance staff but not involved in coaching what a waste.
I can't see any need whatsoever for Pascoe to be involved in the 'team'.
Instead he should be the person Tim goes to and says 'I want this'
Even when a new player joins the club or is upgraded, resigned etc, it should be Sheens who announces it IMO.

The club has been very transparent in stating its objectives to place our junior pathways systems at the forefront of our goals and that it will take time until we see some results.
It's undergone structural changes over the past year or so, has prioritised the resources (coaching staff) and devised and coordinated a plan which has already seen proactive recruitment (with our junior talent) to help unify this vision.
The early steps of our succession plan are currently in effect and the only place we are seeing no success, is at NRL level. Our brand is poor until we can transform this.
Tbf we've had to revise our plans from the whole Ivan fiasco but the stuff I've brought up proves we're not as incapable as it seems. What happened was a major setback and the snowball effect we're witnessing stems from this experience.

Though only two players Korisau and Papali'i are both talented and what I'd call in demand players so it's a win for the WTs. Plus it shows there's some competency in identifying and evaluating the team's weaknesses and we've seen small successes with our recruitment.
Hopefully Sheens can land one or two key signings during the off season that will turn the team's fortunes around.
It's hard to be patient and no one is alone with their frustrations however if you remove all emotions and can see we're in the early stages of executing (our) strategic management, then it'd be easy to recognise that what we endured was no small feat and we're on track despite it not looking that way.

This year was always going to be bad regardless of how we feel or what we hoped to see. But the fact the journalists are using this as an opportunity to bring up the club's operations and gossip about management problems only makes me think they're clearly trying to stir up trouble.

The club has been very transparent in stating its objectives to place our junior pathways systems at the forefront of our goals and that it will take time until we see some results.
It's undergone structural changes over the past year or so, has prioritised the resources (coaching staff) and devised and coordinated a plan which has already seen proactive recruitment (with our junior talent) to help unify this vision.
The early steps of our succession plan are currently in effect and the only place we are seeing no success, is at NRL level. Our brand is poor until we can transform this.
Tbf we've had to revise our plans from the whole Ivan fiasco but the stuff I've brought up proves we're not as incapable as it seems. What happened was a major setback and the snowball effect we're witnessing stems from this experience.

Though only two players Korisau and Papali'i are both talented and what I'd call in demand players so it's a win for the WTs. Plus it shows there's some competency in identifying and evaluating the team's weaknesses and we've seen small successes with our recruitment.
Hopefully Sheens can land one or two key signings during the off season that will turn the team's fortunes around.
It's hard to be patient and no one is alone with their frustrations however if you remove all emotions and can see we're in the early stages of executing (our) strategic management, then it'd be easy to recognise that what we endured was no small feat and we're on track despite it not looking that way.

This year was always going to be bad regardless of how we feel or what we hoped to see. But the fact the journalists are using this as an opportunity to bring up the club's operations and gossip about management problems only makes me think they're clearly trying to stir up trouble.
The resource is the juniors! Our brand is up Schitts

Can people stop comparing our current crop to Tedesco please. There is lightyears between him and our nuffies.
The only thing we can compare our first grade side to is a local A grade team and even then some of the A graders have more heart.

Grow a clue!!

Momirovski is a liability at any club he has played for!

Cannot make a single one-on-one tackle at centre - slow as a wet weak - and a jinking non-penetrative attacking game!

Look at his game at FB for us & the pathetic non-tackle attempt for the try the try that won the game!

Look at the game he lost us by shanking an easy goal kick under pressure!

He sucks!!
Rubbish …. If he was still with us he would be 1st centre picked. Solid backline player.

He's been nothing but a back up at all the clubs he's played at except ours.....
Apparently here he's some sort of superstar.
He won a comp - More good luck than good player.

He's a solid reserve grade player - Which is where he'll spend most of his career.

Of course i wasn't comparing Laurie with those players i just provided some stats for a particular reason,
And that is while Laurie is a relatively new fullback he's number of try assists were equal to Tedesco and the others, we are not acknowledging this with our young players together with the good talents that they have already shown us,

i'm sure when Tedesco was with us he failed to score a few tries by dropping the ball, didn't he?

Tedesco now is a superstar,
I think Laurie will be one too
Laurie will never play SOO or Australia EVER

I think it's too early to predict where Laurie' s career will go. He has been thrown into the deep end in one of the most difficult positions on the field arguably behind the worst team in the comp. For the most part considering all the challenges, his age, size, and the team, he has done ok.

Latest posts

Back