Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Wouldn't matter who the coach is if we have a team that as you suggest are playing 30%,- 40% of their ability. If that doesn't emphasise why good players don't want a bar of us I don't know what does.
But they are training the house down.

Should pick up a few competition points for that.

A new coach, may be able to connect with them. If someone can light a fire within them, motivate them get back to 80-90% then that will steady the ship and help with recruitment. Madge cannot achieve this. He's been trying for 4 years and the players just get worse.
From where I stand it just amplifies why we are where we are. The good clubs move on players who can't give 100% because that is an attitude problem, and if we have a number of players who operate with a level of that mentality then we are setting up all our coaches for failure, and inviting other clubs to pick the eyes out of any players who want to achieve something better.

Pascoe has made decisions without Madge’s knowledge Madge wasn’t in the cafe when Pascoe met with Roberts and he didn’t see him until he signed on with us he didn’t even know Daine was coming a year early should have corrected that he knew Daine was signed on but originally it was for this year he didn’t even know the club swapped him and Momo around until a few days before it was officially announced and Tamou while it seems he’s one of Madge’s supporters he originally wasn’t pursuing him that was Pascoe too I’m not defending Madge btw but trying to show that not everything that has happened in terms of recruitment is all on him he still will probably get sacked but I hope Pascoe is done with trying to sign players here and let Sheens take care of that now
Hard to believe if any of that is true, but the biggest blooper of the lot was Pascoe bring his old mate Cleary over for the coaching job.

To be fair I suppose no one could have envisaged what a snake in the grass he turned out to be.

Fox Sport should do another series featuring West Tigers titled NRL's greatest ever bloopers.

Pascoe brought him in along with Roberts Madge wasn’t present when negotiations were happening same as when he went to training and Daine was there first day he didn’t even know who he was and why he was there Pascoe making those moves without his knowledge

Not defending Madge btw but Pascoe shouldn’t be doing these decisions
I think you would find it was Adam Hartigan not Pascoe making those calls. And it was Hartigan's job to do so, that's just the way they agreed to structure the football Ops.

Needed centres for years.
Needed second rowers for years, got some decent ones and we let em go... 😂

Need some props too come seasons endz, when majority of em walk out the door.

Our roster is in serious come 2023 unless we make some decent signings.
Why are the supporters not hearing anything from Pascoe, and Sheens about this most serious issue? Supporters derserve to know NOW what is going on and going to happen with this Kamikaze club.

P.S. I deliberately left out Madge because it is absolutely clear that he is on holding onto his lucrative contract for the next couple of years and doesn't want to disturb this comfortable situation with the truth.
After another quality showing today we would struggle to sign an under 15's player..
This is becoming a nightmare and we have Eels next ...
Can someone check to see if Sheen's is still with the club as he has been very quite the last 6 weeks.. They need to do something for us fans

Who is responsible for the Tamou purchase? Wasn't he bought to provide leadership?
Madge was responsible for signing Tamou. Tamou has continuously returned the favour by supporting Madge in everything Madge does and say. Unfortunately/fortunately Tamou is propping up his superannuation at Wests tigers expense.

Why are the supporters not hearing anything from Pascoe, and Sheens about this most serious issue? Supporters derserve to know NOW what is going on and going to happen with this Kamikaze club.

P.S. I deliberately left out Madge because it is absolutely clear that he is on holding onto his lucrative contract for the next couple of years and doesn't want to disturb this comfortable situation with the truth.

Madge was responsible for signing Tamou. Tamou has continuously returned the favour by supporting Madge in everything Madge does and say. Unfortunately/fortunately Tamou is propping up his superannuation at Wests tigers expense.
Great post man.
Appreciate it.

Issue for the club now is Madge has a contract for this year AND next,almost certainly including KPIs triggered on this yrs performance
If we fire him mid season,without the opportunity to achieve these goals,it wld require a significant component(if not all)of 2023 to be paid out.Thats what his lawyer will argue
Messy
On the other hand,his continuity is untenable..9th to 11th to 14th to 16th and absolutely murdering the WTs brand...
Very messy
Maybe the Chairman who engineered this ridiculous contract extension can extract us out of it..?
Been a huge success

Due to overspending their cap that’s what has landed them all those players and that’s why Kikau and Mahoney haven’t been announced yet by the Dogs they have to offload players to fit them in their cap not due to Barrett being a good coach now under a good coach Dogs could be a force again but they ain’t doing it with Barrett that’s why its only a matter of time before he gets sacked too
Dogs are a lot closer to success than we are. The spine is their problem and next year they get a class no9. Gould will ship a few contracts off to a club like ours or ESL to make room for Kikau and the other bloke. Having the Dolphins starting will make it easier to shift players

What's hartigan doing now?

Must be having a laugh
In any profession you can’t just keep hiring people and then when they fail, absolve yourself of all responsibility. You need to help create a foundation for success and then admit you stuffed up when your recruits are bad. shit rolls down hill.

Members online

Back