Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think Nuffa and Talau need to go well before Brooks. Would even go as far to say we have mass pollution of our 30, with players who will never make it, and block by virtue money which could be used to attract upcoming talent. We see this year after yr, though especially now, with injuries, how at full strength we would and should be ok, yet totally behind the 8 ball should we pick up bumps.
I just read a post saying Talau is a first grader and he should be extended... and Blore is not.

I don't know why the fans hate the club so much 😂😂

Agreed. Brooks has looked better moving to the six but he's not worth the big money to justify playing "well" as opposed to what you'd expect from a player earning marquee money.

Let him go, re-sign Madden as we lose nothing between him and Brooks playing outside Duke and it'll be cheaper and free up a spot to chase Burton and put him in the centres with either To'a or Naden.
hasnt the door closed from newcastle since milford went there?

I just read a post saying Talau is a first grader and he should be extended... and Blore is not.

Yeah wow. tolau and blore have so much upside. Still young players less than 50 games. You don't know what you are doing as a NRL player till u played 50 games.

As for our new number 6 brooks. His days are numbered. Time to close this chapter. Seen enough. I think he comes back to play hooker. I can't see him in the halves if Douhie is fit let alone Madden in the form he is in....

Anyone who thinks Talau, who is obviously in favour (sarcasm), is ahead of Naden, Doeuihi, or even Toa, needs to find an inpatient rehab clinic ASAP! Cannot even beat a broken JTJ into the team.

Have nothing against him, but its an obvious pecking order issue.

Much the same as Liddle... if he was the future, we wouldnt have singed Api. Api wasnt signed to play second fiddle to Jacob, could be upgrade, could be injury toll, who knows, but Simpkin is the back-up, on financial grounds alone. Havent even talked Rua...

Nuffa, Pauga... neither warrant their paycheck, different levels and all. Neither effective on a dollar cost/outome ratio either, for different reasons.

Anyone who thinks Talau, who is obviously in favour (sarcasm), is ahead of Naden, Doeuihi, or even Toa, needs to find an inpatient rehab clinic ASAP! Cannot even beat a broken JTJ into the team.

Much the same as Liddle... if he was the future, we wouldnt have singed Api. Api wasnt signed to play second fiddle to Jacob, could be upgrade, could be injury toll, who knows, but Simpkin is the back-up, on financial grounds alone. Havent even talked Rua...

Nuffa, Pauga... neither warrant their paycheck, different levels and all. Neither effective on a dollar cost/outome ratio either, for different reasons.
Talau is so below standard.
Shouldn't even see first grade. Same as Pauga.

Agreed on all points. I think we will see Rua playing 13 next year.

He statistically takes on the line about half as muck as Brooks, and breaks less tackles. He’s nowhere near the threat running the ball Brooks is.

If you’re going to make an argument for him at least argue something that’s close to being true 🤷‍♂️
It’s just Dempy, dw 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Yeah, Maddens played a handful of games and has been impressive.

Brooks must be in the Freemasons who has someone pulling strings for him. The guy is a protected species.
Na mate, Freemasons are chumps. Brooks is with the Illuminati 💪

One thing i do hope though is if there was a lingering thought in someones head about Thompson in the club that game last night should close that book. He was terrible last night in no way shape or form is he a marquee prop.
He's an average prop someone you may consider on half the coin he's apparently on, Musgrove,Twal,Tamou all put him to shame last night Stef however hasnt come back from injury firing so far.
Stef is struggling to make an impression since injury

Passive aggressive . And not what I said . As I said earlier , you keep staying on brand !
I said Talau is a first grader who has established himself . He’s not a star , but no mug .
Blore has spent 3 years in the rehab group . He’s 💯 being paid for what he’s going to do not yet . The order should be Talau then blore based on past contributions . Doesn’t mean I think Talau is the better footballer , but nothing has shown me Blores body is up to it .

You stay classy demps , I’m sure those private DMs with the mods and Kul will flow real soon .

All those people are centres , and not where Talau future is . He’s been moved to the back row . From my understanding and just guessing , filling the same role Garner fills right now .

Passive aggressive . And not what I said . As I said earlier , you keep staying on brand !
I said Talau is a first grader who has established himself . He’s not a star , but no mug .
Blore has spent 3 years in the rehab group . He’s 💯 being paid for what he’s going to do not yet . The order should be Talau then blore based on past contributions . Doesn’t mean I think Talau is the better footballer , but nothing has shown me notes body is up to it .

You stay classy demps , I’m sure those private DMs with the mods and Kul will flow real soon .
He (Talau) hasn't established anything.
He's very below standard.

Blore, also... no one's seen enough of him.
Appears a good defender and that's it.

All those people are centres , and not where Talau future is . He’s been moved to the back row . From my understanding and just guessing , filling the same role Garner fills right now .
Whens he been moved to back row ?

Can't even remember the last time he played, he's injured and off contract.

Pom said he has a one year deal on the table, possibly....

I think if we expect him to fill that role in the pack we're in trouble.

Coming back from injury and he never looked imposing in the past.

Latest posts

Members online

Back