Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I t
600 isn't very cheap. But his form warrants.another 100k to be honest. We can upgrade end of next year if his form continues.

Yeah I'd offer 650-700k for Crichton. Take it or leave it
I think Angus is worth more because of the fact he’s still an origin back rower , despite being down on form , and has been at this level for what 5 years ?
Paps was languishing on the bench for the warriors, got a prove it deal with the eels and has never looked back .
This is really only his second season at the top of the tree . And when he signed the deal he was signing off of 1 elite season .
It’s a bit of a steal , especially when you consider Luci is on 200k more than him next year .
Bad business by the eels in fairness . They really shat the bed with him , and offering unders at their dummy half .
Hodgson is a shell of himself , and it’s not getting any better .

In saying all that Angus has to be the preferred option .

It’s funny not that long ago nobody wanted to come to the wests tigers
After signing 2 good players for next year & now with nu,naden & possibly Crichton all of a sudden players now want to come to the tigers

Even bird is having second thoughts after seeing that players now want to come to the tigers

221E85D3-3454-4506-8E0D-3B3CFADD449B.png

Stay at the dragons Jack we don’t want no birds here 🐦 🤣

People are jumping at any poster who claims they have inside goss.

My advice is be patient. No one knew about Papali’i, API and Naden until the deals were done.
Sheensy hates leaks.

As you said Ice and Api didn't make the news.

I doubt we're getting Angus, as @Chris advised us.... Sheens doesn't know the young Parra winger and we haven't offered Angus a thing.

Jack Bird has made the news, now Hetherington (heard from a local source, the Knights are making a play) - I doubt we're actually after either.

Sheens is out there though, exploring availabilities.

700k on Chricton is a better decision than 500k on Hetherington or Jack bird. Cap management is important but you can pay big overs for lesser players in that 400-500k range. I don’t want Jack bird but hetherington albeit a wild soul can cover many positions in the forwards.

Yep. Paying overs for proven representative level players in their prime is sometimes a risk you need to take since the value you may lose in a strict cap management sense, can be recouped in the impact these players have on player morale, team culture and the appearance of the club's direction to external parties (e.g. other potential recruits, agents, the media).

Paying overs for guys entering the tail-end of their career who aren't proven high level performers is where you encounter problems (e.g. Reynolds, Matulino, Packer).

Yep. Paying overs for proven representative level players in their prime is sometimes a risk you need to take since the value you may lose in a strict cap management sense, can be recouped in the impact these players have on player morale, team culture and the appearance of the club's direction to external parties (e.g. other potential recruits, agents, the media).

Paying overs for guys entering the tail-end of their career who aren't proven high level performers is where you encounter problems (e.g. Reynolds, Matulino, Packer).
Exactly. Angus has been elite from day 1 of his NRL career. He's had 5 consecutive years where he's been one of the best second rowers every year. He's having a down year, but so are the Roosters as a whole. Even then, he's not playing as badly as people are making it out to be.

Anyone have an update on the Franklin Pele situation? He's an exciting prospect.

Anyone have an update on the Franklin Pele situation? He's an exciting prospect.
I don't have an updated but I hope he comes to WTs. He's a very good player.

Franklin may have difficulty leaving the Shire now the wagons have been circled with fear the hordes are already at sea planning to land at Kurnell now that border security cannot be guaranteed with Scumo being booted.

I get that we are gun shy with big contracts but Angus is type of player we should be paying premium for. If reports are true and he reached out to us himself then he actually wants to be here, is origin class in his prime, in a position we really need.
Cap money has to be spent and if we don’t get someone like Angus we end up paying overs for two mid level players that are exactly the same level as we have had for years. We have enough fringe first graders as it is.
Angus would be a needle mover for the club both in perception and on field performance.

Sheensy hates leaks.

As you said Ice and Api didn't make the news.

I doubt we're getting Angus, as @Chris advised us.... Sheens doesn't know the young Parra winger and we haven't offered Angus a thing.

Jack Bird has made the news, now Hetherington (heard from a local source, the Knights are making a play) - I doubt we're actually after either.

Sheens is out there though, exploring availabilities.

Sheens didn't even like putting up the team lists on Tuesday....
Would always roll it out at like 5:59:58pm

I get that we are gun shy with big contracts but Angus is type of player we should be paying premium for. If reports are true and he reached out to us himself then he actually wants to be here, is origin class in his prime, in a position we really need.
Cap money has to be spent and if we don’t get someone like Angus we end up paying overs for two mid level players that are exactly the same level as we have had for years. We have enough fringe first graders as it is.
Angus would be a needle mover for the club both in perception and on field performance.

I'd be going overs on Liam Martin before Angus.

Our offer is not stand alone. It needs to be considered in comparison to what Papali'i will receive. Papali'i is the form player in the NRL in the second row.
We will most certainly upgrade Papa. We can't build a squad with quality players it we're continually holding back on paying for top quality players.

If we're in the situation to have both Papa and Angus at the club with both on about 700 then that's a great deal for the club. We haven't even been able to spend all of our cap in recent seasons.

Back