Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Clearly you have a lot more faith in our club than me. Wouldn’t surprise if they both walk.
The club is imo making good choices. I have no knowledge of Hastings' intentions but after WTs brought him back from banishment in the UK when no other club wanted him, you would expect some loyalty. As for Doueihi, I hope he stays as he is a junior, but we'll be okay if he leaves.

It’s a short list, need to build around Stef, Twal, Jacko and AD. Ken can stay.

At least lock those guys up.
I've always been on the side of positivity but can't see any upside with what's happening around football matters. They have shat all over the FG squad this season with their decision making and if morale is low it rests soley with the blokes in charge of the direction of the club. How anyone can back them seeing the state we are in is beyond my understanding. Throwing everything at an unproven coach is not going to change anything if the we don't have the players to compete. Players want to play with other quality players and unless we recruit and retain them any decent ones will move on.

The club is imo making good choices. I have no knowledge of Hastings' intentions but after WTs brought him back from banishment in the UK when no other club wanted him, you would expect some loyalty. As for Doueihi, I hope he stays as he is a junior, but we'll be okay if he leaves.
If no other club wanted him why is he on close to half a mill? Players are in it for themselves and careers die here.

I hope one day your faith in the club is rewarded paws.

I've always been on the side of positivity but can't see any upside with what's happening around football matters. They have shat all over the FG squad this season with their decision making and if morale is low it rests soley with the blokes in charge of the direction of the club. How anyone can back them seeing the state we are in is beyond my understanding. Throwing everything at an unproven coach is not going to change anything if the we don't have the players to compete. Players want to play with other quality players and unless we recruit and retain them any decent ones will move on.
In my opinion the players who signed here for an easy payday need to wear part of the blame too.

If no other club wanted him why is he on close to half a mill? Players are in it for themselves and careers die here.

I hope one day your faith in the club is rewarded paws.
Hastings was a pariah, rightly or wrongly after the Roosters and Manly issues. He appears to have changed but WTs offered him the opportunity back in the NRL. Some loyalty is due, perhaps I'm just old fashioned.

I would love to flick all the forwards who have signed elsewhere because I suspect their mind not on job .So far Mikhalae already playing super league and Luciano gone to cowboys . Kelma playing like he wants early release to Manly and Garner who was doing OK had his worst game last start against Dogs and looking forward to Penrith and why not!
The problem we should be able to move up KOEcup forwards but they are hopeless Someone explain how our cup side can go from 1st prior to covid shut-down to all but last now ? I guess when we pay a 9 year half Munster like money than not much wriggle room .Sheens give us a decent roster and some depth !!! URGENT

Hastings was a pariah, rightly or wrongly after the Roosters and Manly issues. He appears to have changed but WTs offered him the opportunity back in the NRL. Some loyalty is due, perhaps I'm just old fashioned.
Not saying he doesn’t owe it to WT but I’m sure his manager will direct him to look out for himself. Winning helps careers and here it doesn’t happen. Let’s hope we are near or at rock bottom.

Loyalty is dead in the NRL. Wish it wasn't but the sport is pretty rotten and only fluffed up by good marketing and advertisements.

Not saying he doesn’t owe it to WT but I’m sure his manager will direct him to look out for himself. Winning helps careers and here it doesn’t happen. Let’s hope we are near or at rock bottom.
Sadly, I don't think we've hit the bottom yet. Don't know what exactly the bottom looks like but we'll probably know when we get there. I can believe Hastings getting itchy feet but would be surprised if AD feels the same way. I think the next kick in the guts for us could be getting knock backs from a couple of coaches.

Sadly, our rock bottom is light years lower than every other club at this point.
Sadly, I don't think we've hit the bottom yet. Don't know what exactly the bottom looks like but we'll probably know when we get there. I can believe Hastings getting itchy feet but would be surprised if AD feels the same way. I think the next kick in the guts for us could be getting knock backs from a couple of coaches.

Douehi is also on quite a big salary. I don't think he will leave

Douehi is also on quite a big salary. I don't think he will leave
More money out there than we can ever offer.
So many clubs scrambling at the moment for talent when the pool is rather dry.
I expect a raid on our club for the ones that are decent.
Dolphins will get a leg up from the NRL for a bit of cap fudging.

Agree club is going down the right path... Any of madge's off cuts squad that does not want to be here or not play for the badge can go. I don't care if it's Douhie. Hastings or whoever. Play for the badge or go.. we had 10 yrs of journey men. Off cuts and everyone else's scraps. Time to bring our own through.....

I don't care if it's Douhie. Hastings or whoever.

I want both of these guys to be our halves but they aren't good enough to get worked up about. We lost Tedesco in his prime and it didn't impact our on field results.

The top teams can lose class players and it's a non issue.

Reactions: 851
I want both of these guys to be our halves but they aren't good enough to get worked up about. We lost Tedesco in his prime and it didn't impact our on field results.

The top teams can lose class players and it's a non issue.
Maybe if we got Ciraldo he would bring Burton with him , that would be enough to give Douehi the dirts

Back