Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Didn't you read here - Laurie is a top 6 Fullback...
Manu didn't even get a mention.

Imagine our side with a Manu kick return...
And all those extra line breaks with an extra 3-400m per game.
Mate, next year 3/4’s of our spine could be Laurie, Doueihi and Hastings.

Loved him as a player. Just think the game may have passed him by now, although I havnt been watching him play lately.
He was really good playing the last few games he had with us when he was given the chance, but that was a fair while ago now, and like you I have no idea how he would go at the moment, surprisingly only just turned 32 and I thought he would be closer to 35.

I have a soft spot for the guy, but unless someone could convince me otherwise, it would probably have to be a no.

I hope we get to see them together this year so the theory that they will be any better gets put to bed nice and early.

I'm with you here. We have to try it. Let's see if it works.

They'll be the most dynamic halves in the comp.

Get a couple of props in, ideally get a gun fullback but it's less important than the props. Focus on quality juniors coming through.

Teddy is great - But I can see a time when what Joey offers is preferred and more beneficial to that team than what Teddy offers.

That big body at the back is to die for.
Different fullbacks hey...

Both top echelon but yeah.. I could see a day coming when that happens.

Or for Suaali to take over.

Good options to have.

Teddy is what. 29 years old?
Manu is 26.
Suaali is 19. 20?

Good good succession plans in place.

Different fullbacks hey...

Both top echelon but yeah.. I could see a day coming when that happens.

Or for Suaali to take over.

Good options to have.

Teddy is what. 29 years old?
Manu is 26.
Suaali is 19. 20?

Good good succession plans in place.

Yeah - Manu needs to make the change now (Or soon) though....
If he waits for Teddy to expire - He'll almost be 30 might be a bit too late...

Which is why I would be gunning hard for Tedesco NOW, There's a chance they may let him out to keep Manu and Suali. (Suali is 19 in a few months... Yeah, He's still 18!!)

Yeah - Manu needs to make the change now (Or soon) though....
If he waits for Teddy to expire - He'll almost be 30 might be a bit too late...

Which is why I would be gunning hard for Tedesco NOW, There's a chance they may let him out to keep Manu and Suali. (Suali is 19 in a few months... Yeah, He's still 18!!)
I'd love to see Teddy return.

We need him more than he needs us.

But what a fairy tale ending that would be...

"Teddy takes junior club to first final appearance in over a decade."

Frothhhh

We have some decent front rowers. We just need at least 2 more but more likely 4 more. Stef, Twal & Musgrove are all good. The problem is depth. We need at least 2 more front rowers who can bend the line plus depth in that position.

We really need some impact props who can give us 20 minutes of bash and barge. This is why Pele would be a great signing for us.
I agree. Pele or Royce Hunt (and very possible if Morris comes on board).

Same routine they did with Minichello and then Roger...

When the time comes, it comes.
At the Roosters.

They want results.

Teddy is unreal tho.
They're in a good situation.

I guess their real concern is their halves tho.
With Keary and Walker.
I can see them trying to retire Keary and sign Munster.

On NRL360 last night (I know I shouldn't watch it) they mentioned Keary had been speaking to Cordner and Jake Friend

I can see them trying to retire Keary and sign Munster.

On NRL360 last night (I know I shouldn't watch it) they mentioned Keary had been speaking to Cordner and Jake Friend
I saw that also.

Kearys copped a few wacks hey.
They think Walker is a 7 and Manu can play 6.

Pretty neat spine but I think they'd aim for higher than that.

Let's see.

Two big halves that can bust the line. A great schemer in Hastings and a runner in Doueihi. Doueihi can put up bombs similar to Burton. Doueihi is a threat in the air as well.

If we can get a pack who can perform I think these guys can do the job and do it well.
And both slower than continental drift.

I have nothing personal against Lodge.
But he did absolutely nothing for the Warriors - Or the Broncos before that...

What would he do for us?
More mongrel - More aggression - But still no wins.
He's not worth the money he's been getting and the game is heading toward much more mobile middles - Which he's not.

If we got him for good money and used him for a bit of bash n barge off the bench - Why not... But at 500+ (More likely 700+) It's a no from me - More of a FK NO!!
Not true, when he was on the field for the Warriors he was strong and formed a very formidable front row combination with Fonua Blake, he is a very strong front rower coming into his prime.

And both slower than continental drift.

I'd prefer if they were fast but who cares. Peter Sterling, Wally Lewis & Andrew Johns were also slow. Brooks is quick.

I don't mind Brooks but he isn't cutting the mustard for us. We need to make some changes.

At the very least why not try it.

I'd try Brooks at fullback as well. His pace might help there. It's worth a shot for a guy whose career is about to peter out.

I'd prefer if they were fast but who cares. Peter Sterling, Wally Lewis & Andrew Johns were also slow. Brooks is quick.

I don't mind Brooks but he isn't cutting the mustard for us. We need to make some changes.

At the very least why not try it.

I'd try Brooks at fullback as well. His pace might help there. It's worth a shot for a guy whose career is about to peter out.
I know there is the argument that Brooks is quick, but is still shit. But that doesn’t mean just because he might not have any other attributes that speed isn’t an important factor in the halves. Maybe not speed necessarily, cos it’s not like Cleary and Reynolds would be lighting over 40m, but there’s not being quick, and there’s slow. Which is what Hastings is. Anytime he takes the line on close to the line. It’s telegraphed by the defence. And Doueihi coming back from a second knee reco isn’t going to be setting the ground alight either.

I'd love this to happen but it's not going to.

That backline looks great. I'd just play Doueihi at 6 and go and get a 1 but it won't be Manu. Why not Walsh ?
you release both you can get a superb 6 and quality 1

Which is what Hastings is. Anytime he takes the line on close to the line. It’s telegraphed by the defence. And Doueihi coming back from a second knee reco isn’t going to be setting the ground alight either.

I think they can both bust the line. Just give it a little time. I know patience isn't Tigers fans strong suit and I can understand that but we need to give these guys a chance.

Writing them off without giving them a chance for a while to me is madness.

Latest posts

Back