Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think Naden should play Centre for the remaining games in 2022.

Partner him with AJ in the Centres.

Kelma should not play NRL for WT again. Give some young kid a go who is here in 2023.

Happy for Garner to play out the season in the top grade. Still can't believe we let him go. Think he has something to offer. Hope he goes well at the Panthers in 2023.

WT need mongrel and Klemmer and Lodge should be looked at big time. Tamou please retire.

Kelma should not play NRL for WT again. Give some young kid a go who is here in 2023.

Happy for Garner to play out the season in the top grade. Still can't believe we let him go. Think he has something to offer. Hope he goes well at the Panthers in 2023.

WT need mongrel in the pack and Klemmer and Lodge should be looked at big time. Tamou please retire.

Cleary's signings were rubbish - he was on the mark to hate them. We set coaches and players up to fail that's why players leave.
Other clubs pick the eyes out of our decent players while retaining their own because they would rather stay at a club that provides a chance for success than play for us - regardless of the money.
Maguire failed here like a long line of others who have had previous success at other clubs or have found success elsewhere. Time to own our own shit or things will never change.
Madge was a colossal failure. Cleary was the cancer that almost killed us. Im glad for change, and no I dont want to be associated or take ownership of anything . Not a fan or incoming coaches problem to take ownership for anything.

WT need mongrel and Klemmer and Lodge should be looked at big time. Tamou please retire.
Champion , agree with you strongly.

Madge was a colossal failure. Cleary was the cancer that almost killed us. Im glad for change, and no I dont want to be associated or take ownership of anything . Not a fan or incoming coaches problem to take ownership for anything.
I was referring to the club needs to take ownership for the perception that has been created that- we are incapable of knowing how to build a successful footy team - whether we under pay or over pay players doesnt seem to matter we are still in the same position - talking in three years time.
Its not Maguire or Cleary that are responsible for that they just failed to make an impact.

I was referring to the club needs to take ownership for the perception that has been created that- we are incapable of knowing how to build a successful footy team - whether we under pay or over pay players doesnt seem to matter we are still in the same position - talking in three years time.
Its not Maguire or Cleary that are responsible for that they just failed to make an impact.
Agree to disagree.

It goes to show that changing coaches makes no difference, and seeing that the tigers have a long history of doing that where has it all got us. Next year under another new coach won't change a thing. I watched the game for 5mins and knew exactly what was going to happen and turned it off and surprise surprise look at the end result. Nothing has changed.
It depends which coach. I think we chose the wrong interim coach. We did well when Ben Gardner took over for the Cowboys match and he spent most of the week preparing them for the Broncos match while Kimmorley was still in covid iso.

This article about the Roosters... It is so obvious that there is shifty things going on there. The top 7 players take up $5.2M ffs.

True, but that is the way we need to look at the cap now.

So often we see Sheens, McGuire and others encourage fringe graders. Cleary did the same with the Big 17, which became the Big 23! The problem is not just that you have a stack of cap not on the field. You also don't get the best.

Tedesco, Manu, Luke Keary, are clearly some of the best. JWH somehow keeps pumping out as a forward and I have no idea how he does it. End of the day you get Top shelf players playing.

We instead seem to recruit fringe players and the "moneyball" picks. This has lead to poor options in our centers. Yes we have tried going for the Mitchell's and JAC's and we have failed to get them. Overall our cap should be geared like the roosters to getting a few Key top shelf players, they tend to raise the performance level of those around them and the can dominate games.

So many of our picks would not make the Roosters/Melbourne/Brisbane reserve grade.

Angus Crichton would not be a bad pick. Uninjured he is starting each week.

As said on here , unless we get at lease 3 monster forwards we won’t be able to handle the better teams , yesterday the sharks just steam rolled us up the middle and every other part . We need a beast front rower and two more beast backrowers, if we fail then nothing will change next year

I want to see us sign a few more players that are definites in their position. No more players that can't nail down a position or "if the current coach can get them firing" types. Even the best players in our team aren't definites in a position.

We’ll get through this year and then we’ll assess everything. We’ve got to sit down and have a really good look at our roster, which we’re doing at the moment,” Sheens said.

“Other things in the club need to be addressed, so it’s going to be an ongoing thing.”

Tim sheens
I'm glad that they are having a really good look at the roster. Goes without saying really.

Royce hunt out of contract 2022. Worth a shot. I put up a list of possibles.
I go to alot games, watch a lot of players, shapes movements, builds etc. but our attack currently - seems everything is coached out of them? No 2nd phase play, this shuffling before u hit the defence line, no foot movement, no attacking kicks. Seems all aggression, confidence and heart is coached out of them? Knowing you have nothing to loose, swing for the fences!
Everyone tried to be a Melbourne storm, stuff that. Pressure, we can build it, we can’t defend it and we can’t exert it.

Back