Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Doesn't matter whos coaching next year with our roster its hopeless If we are being honest this years roster take away Mikhalae, Luciano, kelma ,Garner and add Papalii ,Api, = still bottom team
By rights we should also lose Tamou, and a few other forwards that are not up to it
We will probably lose Madden and might lose Douehi
Hastings and Kenny busted .
Cant see even a tiny flicker of a light at the end of the tunnel
Only thing that will lift my confidence is Sheens announcing a number of top class signings
A huge need for top line signings goes without saying. We have the money but where are the top line signings to be found?

Royce hunt out of contract 2022. Worth a shot. I put up a list of possibles.
I go to alot games, watch a lot of players, shapes movements, builds etc. but our attack currently - seems everything is coached out of them? No 2nd phase play, this shuffling before u hit the defence line, no foot movement, no attacking kicks. Seems all aggression, confidence and heart is coached out of them? Knowing you have nothing to loose, swing for the fences!
Everyone tried to be a Melbourne storm, stuff that. Pressure, we can build it, we can’t defend it and we can’t exert it.

A huge need for top line signings goes without saying. We have the money but where are the top line signings to be found?
Xavier Willison - norths Qld 2nd row

Brendon Piakura - north’s Qld 2nd row

Lazarus vaalepu - falcons Qld cup prop

Tesi nui -brisbane broncos

Preston Riki - penrith panthers 2nd row

Xavier va’a - Sydney roosters prop

Jordan Hill - Mackay cutters wing

Royce hunt - Cronulla sharks

I put this up a little while ago. Another poster commented on moneyball - which I think is right, we have to stop this.

We have no size, speed, flair, or flat out intimidation. What do sides fear from us? Nothing. We are a constant training run for other teams to try out their attack moves, blood their young ones, or someone to run into form against.

WM wouldn’t know a talented footballers bootlace.

I have degrees in marketing, Human Resources, and run a service company with 40 staff. My board would sack me if I ran my little service business like the wt are being run

How can Canterbury keep recruiting how they are? Smoke, mirrors and a damn good sales pitch. Our reputation amongst player managers must be graded at an “E”.

To change that, you must show willingness to change, and an aggressive positive mindset.

Souths with Roy Asotasi, Richmond tigers 10 years ago… perfect examples.

I put this up a little while ago. Another poster commented on moneyball - which I think is right, we have to stop this.

We have no size, speed, flair, or flat out intimidation. What do sides fear from us? Nothing. We are a constant training run for other teams to try out their attack moves, blood their young ones, or someone to run into form against.

I have degrees in marketing, Human Resources, and run a service company with 40 staff. My board would sack me if I ran my little service business like the wt are being run

How can Canterbury keep recruiting how they are? Smoke, mirrors and a damn good sales pitch. Our reputation amongst player managers must be graded at an “E”.

To change that, you must show willingness to change, and an aggressive positive mindset.

When would these players be available for signing? i.e. When do their present contracts finish?

Yes I think everything hinges on that what worries me is everyone says concord Is not a desirable destination because we are seen as a disjointed club with a lot of friction .So if that is the case money won't help except paying overs for someone who's just coming for the money. Of course we can choose other clubs rejects ,those who don't get picked in top grade often and the older players who can only get 1 year extension and could get 3 years at the tigers . Doesn't fill me with confidence
However if Sheens is quietly building up a surprise list of soon to be announced top tier signings I'll be delighted

PleAse for the love of god never let tesi nui anywhere near our squad

When would these players be available for signing? i.e. When do their present contracts finish?
All are available - hunt and Riki would be my pick. Xavier Va’a will be a problem when he gets going. Currently at roosters, contracted until end of 2023. What’s a contract in the nrl?
Throw a three year deal at the kid.
Kid can fight too let me tell you! As I have told of management - offer the kid three years, chip in towards his education and let him box in the off season. He has a younger bro as well who at 16 is something to be seen. Boxes as well. Terrific family, mum I believe is doctor
Both boys are well educated also. Xavier is studying psychology .

PleAse for the love of god never let tesi nui anywhere near our squad
I can see your point. Kid has got enormous talent, just sometimes his brain is quicker than his legs and hands. As a centre I reckon he would do well, versatility into fullback as well.

Funnily enough, a mate of mine reckons as a depth signing tyrell Sloan worth a chat ? Lock him a gym for six months , feed him… he’s a rough one, could polish well.

Juicy Xerri - train and trial contract . We have done worse. Especially if he clicks…. Throws away the pins

Potentially an announcement coming today that a player is coming to Sydney. It was a bit vague but a player coming to a Sydney club will tell his teammates after the game today. Not sure which game they were talking about. Not sure which radio station it was sorry, it was on in the chipper and I only caught the end of the story when I heard the Tigers as the possible place they were ending up.

Potentially an announcement coming today that a player is coming to Sydney. It was a bit vague but a player coming to a Sydney club will tell his teammates after the game today. Not sure which game they were talking about. Not sure which radio station it was sorry, it was on in the chipper and I only caught the end of the story when I heard the Tigers as the possible place they were ending up.
is it Jeremiah nannai

Last edited:
Hope it is one Joseph tapine

Aaron Woods 😒

Back