Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

While I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if the Roosters are rorting, according to organisational research the practices below are more important drivers of engagement/retention than remuneration and benefits. A comparison of us versus Roosters on these provides some insight as to why Roosters players might stay where they are for less money:

Success - Roosters (make the finals almost every year, win a few premierships) Tigers (10+ years without finals)
Wellbeing - Roosters (rest players until fully recovered, take head knocks seriously) Tigers (under Madge guys were asked to play injured and we still kinda see this a little, e.g Ken M never looks fully fit)
Values - Roosters (sell players on pride in their history and their book of fueds rivalry with souths) Tigers (media tells everyone that we struggle with our identity)
Leadership - Roosters (Successful father figures to provide life advice and post career support in Uncle Nick and Robbo) Tigers (Lee and Pascoe)
Career Opportunities - Roosters (Rookies learning off guns and veterans, with very few mid range players; sacking players to upgrade a position - such as Cheese told to come and he’ll be given an opportunity to play hooker with Verrils dumped) Tigers (Struggled with development recently but this will be a focus ongoing)
Involvement/Empowerment (not too sure about Roosters approach, Tigers under Madge seemed a bit more command and control)
Recruitment - Roosters (join us and you can learn from a team of rep players) Tigers (join us and the pressure will be on you to perform as our only rep player)
Cross Unit cooperation - Roosters (regularly talk about a one club approach where everyone in the entire club plays a roll in success and all are respected - from the chairman to the strapper), Tigers (??!Can’t comment as I’m not really sure what communication and respect is like between football and non-football staff)

Mate of mine is in regular contact with the recruitment blokes. Regularly gets his inside info.

He reckons...

Brooks WILL push for a release in the coming weeks...

The smart money says Brooks will be pulling on a Dolphins jersey next season. For whatever reason, he has never managed to find the right groove with WT. I won't shit on him, however he's given some sound performances over the years, although he will be happier elsewhere and might even fulfil his potential. Luke just needs a fresh start. Brooks and Tigers parting ways is best for both parties.

Mate of mine is in regular contact with the recruitment blokes. Regularly gets his inside info.

He reckons...

Brooks WILL push for a release in the coming weeks...

The smart money says Brooks will be pulling on a Dolphins jersey next season. For whatever reason, he has never managed to find the right groove with WT. I won't shit on him, however he's given some sound performances over the years, although he will be happier elsewhere and might even fulfil his potential. Luke just needs a fresh start. Brooks and Tigers parting ways is best for both parties.
Totally , well said , thx on info

Tuivasa Sheck signing with the Warriors was the reason they approached Teddy. So he only would've left in 2017 or thereabouts.
Well my apology RTS started with the rorters in 2012 and left to go home to warriors in 2016, again my apology. So we have found 1 in 10 years.

Back