Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well another brick in the wall weekend of footy …. so what have we learned thats new …. not much but at least we know that Mr D is not what many thought he was. He is not likely to become our coaches new pet unless he shows a bit more over next two rounds.
Madden is also on roller skates.
I said before that the period between when Madge was sacked and end of season Sheens and his merry men may well be experimenting to see how some perform in a understrength roster environment …. and boy have we all seen the lack of character and backbone of most of our so called experienced players been exposed.
I truly believe in “burn it all down and rebuild it“ playbook strategy that failing business sometimes choose to follow. Hopefully it will work out for us.
Im sure come December Santa Sheens will have a few goodies in his sack for us all to feel better times are coming.
In the meantime just relax ….. it’s only a game of football .

C153CF0F-AEBA-490B-AC62-654DB31AD91B.jpeg
Source: fox sports.

Lads in despair, at least we contained the roosters for about 30 minutes with some spirited defence before it all broke down. I was surprised. I think @Demps managed a wry smile too before the rot set in. But it was all too good to be true. A mirage, a translucent hologram of a first grade nrl side in this round anyway. Many reasons sure.

If Jim has to finish his career with a send off for our club, then that’s a badge of honour as far as I am concerned.

Lee and Tim probably met to get their stories straight and work on the next batch of promises to help mute the growing calls for change. No public relations firm can fix this. I don’t believe anything they promise. We’ve heard it all before. I actually believe the opposite, keeps me sane when it transpires.

If they blame Noddy, that’ll do me.

We’ve destroyed his coaching career before it even started. Sure he took it and he had some kind of run, started talking us up -but ending up with a second to third tier Tigers side thanks to injuries and loans is a tough gig for an new nrl coach. He’s been duped as much as us, I hope he stays in the game. We’re flicking him aren’t we?

He’s obviously not part of the job for life, snouts in the trough, unaccountable old mates club.

Mark my words, they will either hang him as high as they can or throw him (back) to the sharks.

Blaming the innocent and people doing their best, people having a go, is what our board calls being “accountable.”

They believe their own nonsense, they genuinely think they are doing a great job.

It’s astonishing.

Last edited:
Why does our edge and centre/wing defence always slide backwards when defending? We just give up so much ground on sets. Is this coached? I see no other team that defends this way. Reckon assistant coaches are so important to structures. Hope we can come up with some better systems next year.
I think our backline want to avoid collision sometimes don't even attempt tackle and therefore don't record a missed tackle

Well remembering what happened at Parra and Dogs a few years ago, you need an Opposition ticket who present their credentials and ideas and then it’s up to the fully paid members to vote.
Benny E talked about that a while back but nothing evolved.
Just been doing some checking on the voting status . As Wests Tigers is a registered pty ltd
Company, football members have no voting rights.
Only way to vote/ become a director enter board is via Wests Ashfield membership ( min 3 years) and run if positions become available.
Lee is actually classified as one of 2 independent board members with no affiliation( other than sponsorship) of either Wests or Balmain.
For those interested, and who haven’t seen it before, in the inner workings,suggest you search “ who owns Wests Tigers” and all will be revealed.

Just been doing some checking on the voting status . As Wests Tigers is a registered pty ltd
Company, football members have no voting rights.
Only way to vote/ become a director enter board is via Wests Ashfield membership ( min 3 years) and run if positions become available.
Lee is actually classified as one of 2 independent board members with no affiliation( other than sponsorship) of either Wests or Balmain.
For those interested, and who haven’t seen it before, in the inner workings,suggest you search “ who owns Wests Tigers” and all will be revealed.
It sounds like the ultimate power running Wests Tigers is the wests ashfield board so is there a wests tigers board and if their is Do they have any power?
Or do they need the wests ashfield board to sign off on all decisions even football ones ?
Sorry questions just trying to understand how it works because what's been happening does not work .Why do outsiders keep inferring the atmosphere is toxic .

View attachment 2372
Source: fox sports.

Lads in despair, at least we contained the roosters for about 30 minutes with some spirited defence before it all broke down. I was surprised. I think @Demps managed a wry smile too before the rot set in. But it was all too good to be true. A mirage, a translucent hologram of a first grade nrl side in this round anyway. Many reasons sure.

If Jim has to finish his career with a send off for our club, then that’s a badge of honour as far as I am concerned.

Lee and Tim probably met to get their stories straight and work on the next batch of promises to help mute the growing calls for change. No public relations firm can fix this. I don’t believe anything they promise. We’ve heard it all before. I actually believe the opposite, keeps me sane when it transpires.

If they blame Noddy, that’ll do me.

We’ve destroyed his coaching career before it even started. Sure he took it and he had some kind of run, started talking us up -but ending up with a second to third tier Tigers side thanks to injuries and loans is a tough gig for an new nrl coach. He’s been duped as much as us, I hope he stays in the game. We’re flicking him aren’t we?

He’s obviously not part of the job for life, snouts in the trough, unaccountable old mates club.

Mark my words, they will either hang him as high as they can or throw him (back) to the sharks.

Blaming the innocent and people doing their best, people having a go, is what our board calls being “accountable.”

They believe their own nonsense, they genuinely think they are doing a great job.

It’s astonishing.

Adam looks happy

Well remembering what happened at Parra and Dogs a few years ago, you need an Opposition ticket who present their credentials and ideas and then it’s up to the fully paid members to vote.
Benny E talked about that a while back but nothing evolved.
Its not that simple as has been stated often about the complicated board structure which doesn't allow for member voting on board members.

Back