Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just turned up to my son’s soccer game in singleton 4-6 years ago and the game prior to his the coach of away team abused referee and walked beside him all the way back to clubhouse 100m away. A lady from adjoining field they walked past got in between and walked with them 14/15yr(assuming) old ref
That's a disgrace. Big tough adult using power over a 14/15 year old kid. It makes my blood boil.

No it doesn't. The only people blaming Madge are those not facing the reality of the clubs current position, or are trying to take the heat of others who have also failed in their part to make a difference.
Is the club in a better financial position now than under Cleary?
Fact: Under Cleary we beat Storm, Rorters, Soufs we allowed in only 1-2 tries max, while under Maguire we lost against them convincingly, allowing 3-5 tries minimum. QED

• Love
Reactions: 851
Apparently the only way Roosters keep Suaalii is to give him what he wants. So the anti Madge brigade will obviously think Roosters will do a WT and sack Tedesco , then enter into negotiations with Suaalii to get the #1 jersey.

We have this thread ,it should be called just suggestions
Signings haven't had one in months
Rumours very little of that too
But I do agree we should look at the NSW cup players
and furthermore not in particular our own cup squad as they are a known quantity and performed very poorly this year which I know is not the responsibility of everyone one of them but in general they leaked so many points this year I just have no confidence there
However the top cup sides Newtown ,Panthers and Bears must have some budding future superstars which we should try and pick the eyes out of
We should try and lure these future possible stars not with ridiculous money
But by convincing them of the better pathway to 1st grade thru us where they won't be stuck behind existing superstars
Why limit our market place to only our own feeder sides and for that matter look at Qld cup too.
The top sides recruit from just about anywhere!

Gotta be an improvement on Pauga.
Pauga isn’t in our top 30….
You’re comparing apples and oranges.

Staines isn’t better than Penriths starting OB’s and not better than their seconds either… that’s the gauge he should be measured from.
We’re getting a 3rd stringer.

We’ve got plenty of them already

Pauga isn’t in our top 30….
You’re comparing apples and oranges.

Staines isn’t better than Penriths starting OB’s and not better than their seconds either… that’s the gauge he should be measured from.
We’re getting a 3rd stringer.

We’ve got plenty of them already
Not really. We don’t have a top 30. We released our depth.

Staines only comes into the Penrith side when half their team are out.

When half our team are out Pauga comes in.

I’d like us to have better depth.

Not really. We don’t have a top 30. We released our depth.

Staines only comes into the Penrith side when half their team are out.

When half our team are out Pauga comes in.

I’d like us to have better depth.

Yes. Really…
You’ve got it wrong.

Blokes like Asu, Toa, Talau are depth players…
We don’t need more of them - we need better than them…

And Staines isn’t better than them.

Yes. Really…
You’ve got it wrong.

Blokes like Asu, Toa, Talau are depth players…
We don’t need more of them - we need better than them…

And Staines isn’t better than them.
Nah champ, you’re in dreamland. To’a and Asu are our first graders. Go back and count how many NSW Cup games they’ve played. Then count how many NRL games they’ve played.

Feel free to reply, but I’ve got better things to do than continue to argue with your silly argument.

• Love
Is the club in a better financial position now than under Cleary?
Fact: Under Cleary we beat Storm, Rorters, Soufs we allowed in only 1-2 tries max, while under Maguire we lost against them convincingly, allowing 3-5 tries minimum. QED
What has any of that got to do with the club being successful? Fact is no coach/team since 2011 has featured in finals footy because of how many games we lose.

Nah champ, you’re in dreamland. To’a and Asu are our first graders. Go back and count how many NSW Cup games they’ve played. Then count how many NRL games they’ve played.

Feel free to reply, but I’ve got better things to do than continue to argue with your silly argument.

Of course - Toa was playing ressies for the knights…

Real top liner!!

I did get a giggle, with you Arguing that they’re “first graders” in the team coming last…

Put them in a good side you’ll get a much more accurate account of many reserve grade games they get to their name

With Toa you do need to remember he was still eligible for Flegg last year so consider if you think any of our current flegg backs will be up to playing a whole year in nrl next year as well as toa did this year.

With Toa you do need to remember he was still eligible for Flegg last year so consider if you think any of our current flegg backs will be up to playing a whole year in nrl next year as well as toa did this year.
I remember…
He’s older than Stephen Crichton - who’s older than the blokes coming in behind him like Tago, May etc…
He’s also older than the likes of Koroibete and Nofoaluma when they came into grade 10 years ago…
He can fill a jumper - but if he’s our long term solution, the best we’re hoping to get from our OB’s…
I would suggest that is in fact the problem.

Imagine us landing Tedesco it would solve so many problems for us

Not as much as you think,when he was here we did not ever make the semis and that was with Woods Moses and Brooks as well.Strengthen our forwards should be the main objective and the sooner the better,hopefully somebody will soon use a cattle prod on Sheens and co to make it happen

Latest posts

Members online

Back