Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A lot of people on the forum say they are happy with JH playing at lock. If he stays at lock and Brooks goes who plays ½.
IMO Jacko and AD are too slow for halves and contrary to opinions of Brooks..he is a reasonable defender.
What are the solutions.
(Madden is off too)

Yes you definitely want some speed in the halves.

AD and Hastings too slow

A lot of people on the forum say they are happy with JH playing at lock. If he stays at lock and Brooks goes who plays ½.
IMO Jacko and AD are too slow for halves and contrary to opinions of Brooks..he is a reasonable defender.
What are the solutions.
(Madden is off too)
No way you could play Hastings 7 and AD six under the current rules. You need at least one quick half to take advantage of all the six agains and extra set plays from the scrum. Personally I would opt for Hastings at 7 and Brooks at 6. Ad can play centre or move on. Okay Brooks might not be the best,but he is the best choice we have at present. That would all change if we actually signed a player like Dylan Brown

What are the solutions.
(Madden is off too)
Now Madden's gone (a good decision imo), I would agree.Not sure if the young gun (Tannous???) is ready yet, especially if we don't have the pigs required.

Now Madden's gone (a good decision imo), I would agree.Not sure if the young gun (Tannous???) is ready yet, especially if we don't have the pigs required.
Tannous is a hooker now.
@KingRobbie told us a while back and since returning from injury he's exclusively played hooker, either starting or from the bench.

I am on board with the whole Sheen / Benji / Robbie coaching idea and hope it all works out.

But am I correct in saying the ONLY signing Sheen's has made is Naden ?? Papa and Api were done prior I believe.

With all this excitement around Sheen's / Benji and we are yet to sign a player and IMO is a massive concern.. I will sit back and trust the process but generally when a new coach is announced etc.. they makes signings pretty quickly as players want to be apart of the change. I thought Benji had some pull according to other players / commentators in the game.
So either they have a few lined up but are keeping it rather quite or we are praying we get lucky..
And re signed Offa. I would think he would want to get done prior to Nov 1 the contracts of players he wants to keep. That way he goes to Nov 1 with a clear idea of what positions he needs and how much money he has.

I know there's not alot of options but Clifford would not be great, he's still learning the game...
So are all our current halves. Clifford would be no better or worse than what we have, but I reckon if you told him he was playing centre, lock or prop, he would play his best and not sook about it.

Knights can't have Brooks. Especially under their bullshit terms..Stick to Magpie legend Tyson Gamble and young Clifford. Brooks has another year he's elite compared to those two. Having Sheens there, someone who really understands him with Benji as a back up support will return him to form. One more year for Luke I back him, knights can take a lap

Back