Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Everyone here thinks Pace / Speed means running a hundred metres in 12 Seconds....
It Doesn't.

It's speed off the mark, Able to switch play on a dime...
Love or hate AD or JH.... that's not them.

Brooks has got that..That's the only thing I agree with in your post bro. AD & JH are big bodies that can take the line on, organize and distribute. I'm struggling to find a better alternative from your posts batboy

Everyone here thinks Pace / Speed means running a hundred metres in 12 Seconds....
It Doesn't.

It's speed off the mark, Able to switch play on a dime...
Love or hate AD or JH.... that's not them.

I lost count of the amount of times Hastings was half way through his 2 steps to a kick and was hit... Dropping the ball and not getting even the kick away.
It wasn't a sometimes thing, It happened a few times...
That also comes with playing behind a well beaten pack
- But horses for courses... They're all playing behind the same pack.

Everyone is begging us to throw everything at Hastings...
How many 13's in the comp is he better than?
Even at 7, How many 7's in the comp is he better than? Certainly none in the top 8 I would think??

It's just another case of someone showing a little bit of something and being elevated by the fans (Certainly this forum) The reality is - All of our options are mid level at best...
And we probably should be aiming higher - For one of them at least.

Deaden type speed would be ideal somewhere in the halves. Can be an attacking threat.

Reactions: 851
AD can organise?
Since when?
What exactly has he ever organised - He can barely pass!!

Exactly - Big body that can take on the line....
Might need to do some weights "Learn to tackle" and play in the back row.
If he was coming through at the Roosters or Storm - He'd be there already....

Yeah, he's a runner..Australian rep fly half, got a bit of union in him. He trucks the ball up when he sees there's nothing on which there seldemly was this year when he took on the roll. Jacko plays that organising hybrid half role from 13. This was a filler year unfortunately, I'm happy to give it a pre-season with our new coaching staff and ammenities with a full strength roster and competent dummy half my friend..

I don’t understand the No signings until November 1 , I thought November 1 is for a signing in 2024 , anyone coming like API and Papi in 23 ar fair game now , does this mean no other coming for 23

Knights can't have Brooks. Especially under their bullshit terms..Stick to Magpie legend Tyson Gamble and young Clifford. Brooks has another year he's elite compared to those two. Having Sheens there, someone who really understands him with Benji as a back up support will return him to form. One more year for Luke I back him, knights can take a lap
Knights give us Klemmer, Frizzel & Clifford. We give them Brooks and a handful of magic beans. Works for me....

He's a backrower who still thinks he's a half because he played there as a kid....
Like Matto, Anasta, Brown, Sutton, Sironen, Schuster... The list is endless.

If he's not careful, He'll spend half his career trying to hold onto a 6 jersey somewhere - And the other half (When it's too late) trying to learn his proper position.
Don't get me wrong, He can do a job there - But he won't reach any great heights there....

Could be a real rep player in the back row or lock - If he'd only learn to tackle.

Yeah comparing him with those
Guys is a bit silly, a bit premature..

Saying he should play backrow
With the the same breath U said
He can't defend is equally silly.

AD could play any position....
Sky's the limit.
For sure. Coming off the hectic
Injury with the chop & changes
Outside of him at 2nd row, centre
And wing I would run the ball too.

Not to mention Hastings & Brooks
Were out and Noddy coaching.
Don't think these assments on his
Ability to play in halves let alone
In the row are balanced or honest .

Deaden type speed would be ideal somewhere in the halves. Can be an attacking threat.
Well to be fair brooks has the same speed as Dearden , just lacks alot of confidence and an organiser general like Townsend and maybe lost some youthful arrogance. AH is not a great organiser from what we saw and JH looks good but whow knows consistently...

Trouble is he only wants to play 6 mate

Don't believe that shit. When Nofo got dropped just after he said he would be happy to ply his trade in NSW cup. It was a suggestion that got leaked, not an indictment on him at all, he's said publicly he would do whatever was best for the team. You boys are short sighted. Suffer from selected amnesia 😆

Well to be fair brooks has the same speed as Dearden , just lacks alot of confidence and an organiser general like Townsend and maybe lost some youthful arrogance. AH is not a great organiser from what we saw and JH looks good but whow knows consistently...
JH is a good organiser although he's so dominate after a couple of games teams would just track JH and shut the play down.

There was a period where we weren't scoring then put some points on when we did AD 6 Brooks/Madden 7 and JH 13.

JH is a good organiser although he's so dominate after a couple of games teams would just track JH and shut the play down.

There was a period where we weren't scoring then put some points on when we did AD 6 Brooks/Madden 7 and JH 13.
Yep & that’s the formula. JH hybrid lock / half’ organiser, Brooks 7 AD 6 both playing running 5/8 role each side of the ruck .

Back