Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't think it is so much that Adam cannot defend, he can, rather that he cannot read the plays coming at him on an edge, particularly when a half is involved. Centre, whilst also a tough position to defend from, doesn't rely quite so much on split second decisions and quick initial lateral movement.

As such, for mine he is more suited to play at centre or the distributor lock role, where in the middle, he will not be isolated by the opposition so often.

If that was to be his future spot, I would look at swapping him and Hastings around occasionally, particularly in defence, to give Jackson a bit of a rest from the high workload there.

Either way, with November 1st fast approaching and all of or currently contracted potential halves only signed until next year, our WT will likely have to make such decisions very soon if not already made.

FG, you're my guy thanks 4 Kayo.
Next year is so long away let's C.

Remember too that good second rowers can play minder for the 5/8, which we don't have at present. When the pack improves, everybody will look better.

Sounds good. The problem is we are playing Hastings at 13 and he isn't a big body. I've seen the Storm with Nelson at 13.

I'm not your councieller my boys.
Not your boss, not your psychologists. Next year therapists haha. We're Bros again next yea it's gonna be alright 😆

IMO Brooks will be here next year if he wants it . I think he is being offered a 3 year deal 2023 -2025 for $2.3:mill .However seeing his old contract has $1.1 mill backended for 2023 only . I think Sheens wants him to forfeit that in lieu of the new contract .I effect he is getting an additional $1.2 mill for 2 extra years
Brooks may not accept this and if not Sheens will either have to improve the 3 year deal or offload him and we will still pay about half his contract for next year only . Sheens likes Brooks and wants him to accept the 3 year deal
Gee still makes him a what 775k player , sweet deal for Brooks if true.

I’m not so sure Brooks is going to sign that extension.
If you were just starting a young family and had the promise of 1.2 for a year but only half that amount for the following two years would you take the deal?
What’s the rush?
Wait till November and see what’s on offer.
Newcastle aren’t going to match 1.2 but they may pay him 700 -800 k for a 3 year deal.
Following that for next season he either stays or Newcastle buy out his contract.
Mind you if your rebuilding a club and your pitch is centred around trying to keep the long term half of the club on less would you then be keen to spend a further season playing that half in your team.
Lots to play out. If it gets to November before an extension announcement id say 22 was the last time Brooks played in our colours.

Thank You Batboy about Kade Hill heard he will be in Reggie's next year, also heard the half from Ball-Balmain and the Half from Maggies will be doing a lot of training with first grade squad over the summer, also here Matty Johns has been ask to help out as well do not know if that is true but heard that from a current player this morning.

Did not here the whole conversation in full detail but did double check when they mention m johns.

Reactions: 851
Demps i was surprised when the name got mentioned but not sure if they where telling porkies but they seemed sincere .

Demps i was surprised when the name got mentioned but not sure if they where telling porkies but they seemed sincere .
He seems a smart mind when it comes to football, wouldn't hurt... don't think it'd be a full time thing. Maybe a few consultations here and there.

@cochise

There's only one that could be considered better - And he's stuck at the Knights.

Dunno man, if it's through the season might be an issue...
But he was working with Cronk way back when - That's in Melbourne mid 2000's.... You'd reckon he was a busy back then.
I know that a few of them come to him at home as well?

Heard Brandy (Has a similar job) His comments were like "Why would you ever leave, You work 3.5 days a week for 6 months a year"

Could only be a positive....
Get them all the help we can.

Back