Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah, fantastic... force some one (who clearly doesn't want to be here) to play for another season after denying his request of a release for another year in a row.

What could possibly be wrong with that approach.
perhaps he got the Edgar's with Madge who knows its only one more season

Players sign a year out look at Rheed Mahoney, Foran, Papali,
Parramatta and Manly didn't release them early
Sheens is not an idiot if he doesn't have a replacement he feels is adequate for the 7 then he probably doesn't release Brooks for 2023
Without Brooks newcaste have no 7
The klemmer deal has nothing to do with Brooks being released in 2023

Foxsports article has a list of players off contract, Graham, Lodge etc and it has Andrew Fafita as likely going to Tigers
Just like Brooks and all the other signings I don't think the media has a bloody clue what Sheens is doing
When we signed Papali and Api no leaks I suspect no leaks this time when someone is signed too
The question is does Sheens know what he’s doing or is it reactive vs proactive ?

Reactions: 851
i read that article as they have no idea who sheens is looking at... on a side not mansour and maizen played great footy rah rah rah
not linking the players with sheens at all and in fact mentioned newcastle and sharks are looking at maizen
His there to grab his wife and move back to Aus. The World Cup is a reason to make it a “work trip”

Players sign a year out look at Rheed Mahoney, Foran, Papali,
Parramatta and Manly didn't release them early
Sheens is not an idiot if he doesn't have a replacement he feels is adequate for the 7 then he probably doesn't release Brooks for 2023
Without Brooks newcaste have no 7
The klemmer deal has nothing to do with Brooks being released in 2023
But if Brooks is leaving in 24 what will he provide in 23 or do we let him go straight away?

But if Brooks is leaving in 24 what will he provide in 23 or do we let him go straight away?
He’s asked to be released 3 times I believe he asked 2 times last year but was rejected. Probably due to Doueihi being injured or maybe they weren’t sure with Hastings yet but anyway, if they keep Brooks another year the chances of him playing really bad to want out like Moses did will be really high. I’d say they will cut him loose a year early its clear he doesn’t want to be here.

sheens has likely planned all year
13 hasting
7 Brooks
6 Douhie

He probably runs with that 2023 if he doesn't think Hastings is the 7 in 2024 and beyond
If he does then simple he will release Brooks in 2023 and play Hastings at 7
What he won't do is release Brooks in 2023 just so he can move Hastings to 7 even though he sees him as a 13 when he has a 7 that the likes in Brooks for that 2023 season.
I think the only way Brooks would get released in 2023 would he if Sheens wants Tyson Frizell then he goes to Newcastle and releases Brooks early

He’s asked to be released 3 times I believe he asked 2 times last year but was rejected. Probably due to Doueihi being injured or maybe they weren’t sure with Hastings yet but anyway, if they keep Brooks another year the chances of him playing really bad to want out like Moses did will be really high. I’d say they will cut him loose a year early its clear he doesn’t want to be here.
Brooks is a poor player at the best of times.
Can only imagine how worse he'd be as a disgruntled, request denied, forced to stay player.

Time to cut our losses and let him go....

More cap room to better our squad and build for the future.

sheens has likely planned all year
13 hasting
7 Brooks
6 Douhie

He probably runs with that 2023 if he doesn't think Hastings is the 7 in 2024 and beyond
If he does then simple he will release Brooks in 2023 and play Hastings at 7
What he won't do is release Brooks in 2023 just so he can move Hastings to 7 even though he sees him as a 13 when he has a 7 that the likes in Brooks for that 2023 season.
I think the only way Brooks would get released in 2023 would he if Sheens wants Tyson Frizell then he goes to Newcastle and releases Brooks early
I wasn’t indicating he would release Brooks so as to play Jacko but with Brooks possibly leaving and Jacko making noises about playing 7, then it would make sense to let Brooks go for next year.

Interesting comment from Pom;.

"If Brooks leave I see Hastings going to 7, but Sheens thinks he's an outright 13."

Unless a signing is made there may be no other choice.

I remember an Interview before Sheens got here that Hastings was going to be the 13
- Said it with finality and conviction... The same tone as when he told SEN that Papalii was coming.
Very blunt.
I thought he was taking the piss to not upset anyone... But it seems that's what's happening.
I'd have thought with Api at 9 the 6-7-13 would have worked well in 23...
Thought it was OK in 2022 in patches.

If one of them is off, As long as they're replaced with a better one... So be it.
Not sold Hastings is it though...

No - But you missed the point, Again.
Hastings nor Doueihi nor Madden did any better with the current side.
I don't expect much more from them next year without significant squad improvement.

No, you're missing my point. One is demonstrably better than the other, yet one seems to have all the excuses in the world made for them and is somehow going to be the panacea after ten seasons to all our problems.

InB4 "Ivan had him playing good footy in 2018." We stayed in that season with defence.

That's the big clue right there - Sheens has said we'll be playing a whole different style in 2023.
This is the real issue and many posters don't take it into account when pushing for Hastings at 7 The style of foot you play will dictate the type of player to occupy 6 and 7.

I wasn’t indicating he would release Brooks so as to play Jacko but with Brooks possibly leaving and Jacko making noises about playing 7, then it would make sense to let Brooks go for next year.
Sheens is stubborn regardless of Brooks here or not if he sees Hastings as the 13 he doesn't see him as a 7 then i doubt he releases Brooks. Hence he might be in u.k. looking for halbacks.
If he thought Hastings was the answer at 7 then perhaps he is offered a good deal to stay and play 7

I remember an Interview before Sheens got here that Hastings was going to be the 13
- Said it with finality and conviction... The same tone as when he told SEN that Papalii was coming.
Very blunt.
I thought he was taking the piss to not upset anyone... But it seems that's what's happening.
I'd have thought with Api at 9 the 6-7-13 would have worked well in 23...
Thought it was OK in 2022 in patches.

If one of them is off, As long as they're replaced with a better one... So be it.
Not sold Hastings is it though...
I remember those early comments too...

However he still ended up at 6, then 7....

Lots of moving parts, I guess.

If Hastings is at 13, great... but we'll still need a 7 to replace Brooks when his release is granted.

Latest posts

Members online

Back