Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

amateur hour.

The NRL financial year starts on Tuesday yet the 16 clubs still have no salary cap locked in and no idea on their annual funding distributions.

The players still have no collective bargaining agreement.

Teams are about to return to training with unregistered players with no insurance because of the delays. (Slothy)

amateur hour.

The NRL financial year starts on Tuesday yet the 16 clubs still have no salary cap locked in and no idea on their annual funding distributions.

The players still have no collective bargaining agreement.

Teams are about to return to training with unregistered players with no insurance because of the delays. (Slothy)
Sounds like normal is Pascoe temping there ?

Hastings is pretty underrated on here I reckon. He may not be super fast but he’s got basically everything else.

His biggest knocks I hear of are speed and power.

The former is a fair knock but speed alone will get you nowhere just ask Bevan French. It definitely helps but is one aspect of many needed to be a successful player.

The latter I think is not warranted. He may not break tackles like Tedesco but he’s strong and seems hard to put down and is often standing for a quick PTB and is good for PCM’s without being elite. His also averaged most metres for us in 2022 and was crucial in organising anything that resembled an NRL team. We win those game versing Titans and Warriors if he plays no doubt.

His intangible qualities and 1%ers are everything the club has lacked and we should be doing everything we can to ensure he remains.

Hastings is pretty underrated on here I reckon. He may not be super fast but he’s got basically everything else.

The former is a fair knock but speed alone will get you nowhere just ask Bevan French. It definitely helps but is one aspect of many needed to be a successful player.

The latter I think is not warranted. He may not break tackles like Tedesco but he’s strong and seems hard to put down and is often standing for a quick PTB and is good for PCM’s without being elite. His also averaged most metres for us in 2022 and was crucial in organising anything that resembled an NRL team. We win those game versing Titans and Warriors if he plays no doubt.

His intangible qualities and 1%ers are everything the club has lacked and we should be doing everything we can to ensure he remains.

We rate him but if he wants to play 7 somewhere else what can you do.

Not really under rated at all. If you're a playmaker and your greatest strength is passion then you've got a number of things wrong with your game

He's slow, can't break the line and has no long kicking game. Yes he has some leadership traits and a decent passing game. He's a decent player but not a standout. Which is how we rate him

The Tigers are preparing to make Moses the highest paid player in the competition with a bumper deal to entice him back to the club while the Dolphins want Brown to be the club’s marquee player.

The Tigers remain in discussions with Klemmer about a potential immediate switch. (DT)

It appears Adam Doueihi is likely to start at Centre. We know he is a big build and can break tackles, has a kicking game but lacks any genuine speed.

Can Doueihi play the role of a modern-day Michael Cronin (Eels 1980's Great) who was built the same and able to break tackles at will to set up his wingers for tries?

Naden would be my pick for the other Centre position. He has some quality about him but needs some polish. Has some pace and some size. Hope Ken is fully fit this season as appeared to be playing on one leg. Love to see him fully fit.

In relation to the halves resigning debate some forum members are having I agree that all three of them played in a team that got the wooden spoon and in my opinion only Hastings out of the three of them played well before injury. Brooks and AD need to step up. AD is turning 25 next year.

I am a huge Matt Burton fan and believe he is a player you can build a team around.

Burton has a bit of x factor about him plus footy intelligence and a winner so would be very happy to move players on to sign him up. I believe he could turn out to be an excellent full back as well as Centre and Five Eight.
The Crow was a freak!

Slow as a wet weak but strong as an oxe and could bring the defence back to his pace - hold them up - and offload a ball from nowhere to a flying Ella - Kenny or Grothe!

Any true league supporter travelling the South Coast needs to spend some time with him at his pub in Gerringong! A true gentleman as well!

Not really under rated at all. If you're a playmaker and your greatest strength is passion then you've got a number of things wrong with your game

He's slow, can't break the line and has no long kicking game. Yes he has some leadership traits and a decent passing game. He's a decent player but not a standout. Which is how we rate him
Horrie Hastings was a good footballer for the Roosters but his achilles heel was lack of pace which held him back from career progression.

Wests Tigers Have won a battle to sign a promising country centre - beating the Sydney Swans to gain his services.

Navren Willett, a tall 18-year-old from the NSW mid-north coast town of Taree, has agreed to a four year deal with the Tigers.

But not before the Swans tried to sway the youngster with a booming kicking game to play Australian

Willett played in Newcastle's Harold Matts team this season and also played some AFL in his spare time.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F0616f00d-b223-4aa5-935a-8d058a77e71b

"He is one of those kids who is just a natural all-round sportsman," Willett's manager Michael Hudson told Wide World of Sports.

"I had a lot of interest in him from NRL clubs and then the Swans' approach from left-field.

"But league is his preference and he will play in the Tigers' SG Ball team next year before hopefully progressing to the top 25 from there."

While centre appears Willett's best spot, he has also shown he can play at fullback and halfback.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure anyone is doubting his ability and passion. It's more about whether he is a no. 7.

The Tigers are preparing to make Moses the highest paid player in the competition with a bumper deal to entice him back to the club while the Dolphins want Brown to be the club’s marquee player.

The Tigers remain in discussions with Klemmer about a potential immediate switch. (DT)
Interesting position for Douehi with all this going on in the media - chasing Moses who dogged the club once, while no hurry to extend his contract, and there they are lining up together.

Wests Tigershave won a battle to sign a promising country centre - beating the Sydney Swans to gain his services.

Navren Willett, a tall 18-year-old from the NSW mid-north coast town of Taree, has agreed to a four year deal with the Tigers.

But not before the Swans tried to sway the youngster with a booming kicking game to play Australian Rules.

READ MORE: Finch warns against trap as 'dangerous' hurdle awaits

READ MORE: NBA star Irving defends controversial Twitter post

READ MORE: Players forced to return in crazy end to World Cup belter

Do This Immediately If You Noticed Moles Or Skin Tags (It's Genius)'s Genius)Do This Immediately If You Noticed Moles Or Skin Tags (It's Genius)SPONSORED | Direct Health Insider

Recommended by
Willett played in Newcastle's Harold Matts team this season and also played some AFL in his spare time.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F0616f00d-b223-4aa5-935a-8d058a77e71b
Wests Tigers have won a battle to sign a promising country centre - beating the Sydney Swans to gain the services of Navren Willett. (Getty)
"He is one of those kids who is just a natural all-round sportsman," Willett's manager Michael Hudson told Wide World of Sports.

"I had a lot of interest in him from NRL clubs and then the Swans' approach from left-field.

"But league is his preference and he will play in the Tigers' SG Ball team next year before hopefully progressing to the top 25 from there."

While centre appears Willett's best spot, he has also shown he can play at fullback and halfback.

For a daily dose of the best of the breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here!

Apparently he is a pretty good footballer. We should also try and steal Ethan Ferguson from the knights. The kid looks a star in the making.

Latest posts

Back