Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Will it ?

I think Brooks is okay but geez a lot of people on this forum can't stand him and he does take the wrong option a lot of times. Hastings is slow with a poor long kicking game. Doueihi is awesome at times but goes missing about 80% of the time. Laurie is more consistent than Doueihi but he played one top tier game last season. Laurie to be fair is probably on significantly less money than the other three players.

We lost Tedesco and Moses and Woods who at that point was playing really well for us in one season and I think we basically improved the following season.
Who knows...

But if we end up with Flanagan, Dufty and Cogger as part of our spine in 24, will you be happy?

In the Knights supporters forum, they are saying they are swapping Klemmer for Haas .. :oops: ..

I thought we had him .. :(
Sounds like wishful thinking on their part.

If by some miracle that it does come to fruition and we miss out on Klemmer because we didn't want to part with a low IQ, poor excuse of a halfback midget who has failed for 9 years, we deserve the spoon again.

In the Knights supporters forum, they are saying they are swapping Klemmer for Haas .. :oops: ..

I thought we had him .. :(
Didn't Klemmer want to come to Sydney? Realistically, with the contract he is on his new club would have to have the space to fit him in.

Actually I'm interested to understand why, in previous years, if Tigers went for a player and missed out, for some fans it was some big issue about Tigers lack of pulling power (which is only to be expected for a struggling club) and apparently some kind of terminal embarrassment that we couldn't seal the deal.

But 2022/23, we are similarly being linked to many high-profile players, and either confirming or not denying it in public, and yet not executing those deals is OK?

The club has probably bought themselves some goodwill with the release of some bog average players.

Every club plays the same recruiting/retention game.
Hindsight says everything - but not practical.
Forward vision required.
Pathways is the only solution - and even then roster management is crucial.
Sheens is one of the smartest, and he's going to be mentoring Benji.
I feel more confidence now than all the years of Taylor-ball, Cleary letdowns and Madge limits.
Will things be perfect - they never are!
But I like the sound of a new and different playing style.

Pathways is fine, but even Penrith had older heads (Maloney, Merrin, Tamou et al,) who helped bring that crop of juniors through.

Actually I'm interested to understand why, in previous years, if Tigers went for a player and missed out, for some fans it was some big issue about Tigers lack of pulling power (which is only to be expected for a struggling club) and apparently some kind of terminal embarrassment that we couldn't seal the deal.

But 2022/23, we are similarly being linked to many high-profile players, and either confirming or not denying it in public, and yet not executing those deals is OK?
Some have an axe they like to grind when they hear certain names involed in recruiting/ coaching/ managing is probably the simplest answer.

Reactions: 851
If Moses leaves Parra it will be to a club with definite premiership chances. He will not take on a rebuild club at this stage of his career. Maybe he takes over from Luke Keary in 2024 at the Chooks and Walker moves to no6.

It will take a few years of top four finishes before we have some real pull in the market place.

I'd only be interested in Moses if you have a player like Yeo, Murray, Radley or Townsend. I've begrudgingly come to accept that Moses is a very good player. Particularly the last couple years, he's been good in big games, even when there's not much space or time. But he's not an organiser and I still don't think he has the right temperament to control the team.

Perhaps Hastings can be that player for Moses, I rate him highly.

Moses on an anchor less team will become inconsistent and overplay his hands and I wonder how he'd hold up defensively.

I know this is an unpopular comparison but I even wonder if he's all that much better than Brooks. That sounds like an insult but they're similar sort of high skill players who are also a little inconsistent. I think the gap between the players highlights how valuable the rest of the team is to halfbacks like brooks and Moses who can't organise teams.
Moses has organised the eels for years, leading them to prelims and a GF this year. Can't be too bad at it. Definitely superior to anyone we have, laughable to think he needs someone like Hastings in order to bring out his best. He's been the sole organiser for long time time now. Gutho, Brown and Mahoney haven't done much there

Wtf is going on with our recruitment team? After the debacle of the big 4 all coming off contract at the same time, I would've thought we'd learnt something. Alas, here we are again, maybe not the same quality as the big four, but all of our spine (plus Hastings) are off contract at the same time. It's like they're still trying to work out which ones to keep ffs.

Thankfully they let Liddle go
Its because none of them are good enough to warrant long term contracts. All have failed in various aspects.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back