Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The Tigers are preparing to make Moses the highest paid player in the competition with a bumper deal to entice him back to the club while the Dolphins want Brown to be the club’s marquee player.

The Tigers remain in discussions with Klemmer about a potential immediate switch. (DT)

I'd only be interested in Moses if you have a player like Yeo, Murray, Radley or Townsend. I've begrudgingly come to accept that Moses is a very good player. Particularly the last couple years, he's been good in big games, even when there's not much space or time. But he's not an organiser and I still don't think he has the right temperament to control the team.

Perhaps Hastings can be that player for Moses, I rate him highly.

Moses on an anchor less team will become inconsistent and overplay his hands and I wonder how he'd hold up defensively.

I know this is an unpopular comparison but I even wonder if he's all that much better than Brooks. That sounds like an insult but they're similar sort of high skill players who are also a little inconsistent. I think the gap between the players highlights how valuable the rest of the team is to halfbacks like brooks and Moses who can't organise teams.

Not really under rated at all. If you're a playmaker and your greatest strength is passion then you've got a number of things wrong with your game

He's slow, can't break the line and has no long kicking game. Yes he has some leadership traits and a decent passing game. He's a decent player but not a standout. Which is how we rate him
Hate to think where you rate Brooks then 🤣

Wtf is going on with our recruitment team? After the debacle of the big 4 all coming off contract at the same time, I would've thought we'd learnt something. Alas, here we are again, maybe not the same quality as the big four, but all of our spine (plus Hastings) are off contract at the same time. It's like they're still trying to work out which ones to keep ffs.

Thankfully they let Liddle go

So today is like Christmas Eve for signings, although I’m not expecting any real announcements tomorrow but we now know from tomorrow onward we can start moving forward with something a bit more concrete.
I'm the opposite...I'm imagining 2-3 new players announced almost immediately. Whether it happens or not is another matter but the dream would be Klemmer, Brown (Nathan) immediately with Crichton and either Moses or Brown (Dylan) for '24

Wtf is going on with our recruitment team? After the debacle of the big 4 all coming off contract at the same time, I would've thought we'd learnt something. Alas, here we are again, maybe not the same quality as the big four, but all of our spine (plus Hastings) are off contract at the same time. It's like they're still trying to work out which ones to keep ffs.

Thankfully they let Liddle go
That's why they are off contract. Our spine isn't that good.

I'm loving the Audacity in recruitment from the Tigers.

No more holding back.

Grab another star for 2024.
Actually I'm interested to understand why, in previous years, if Tigers went for a player and missed out, for some fans it was some big issue about Tigers lack of pulling power (which is only to be expected for a struggling club) and apparently some kind of terminal embarrassment that we couldn't seal the deal.

But 2022/23, we are similarly being linked to many high-profile players, and either confirming or not denying it in public, and yet not executing those deals is OK?

It'll be an issue if they all sign with other teams

Will it ?

I think Brooks is okay but geez a lot of people on this forum can't stand him and he does take the wrong option a lot of times. Hastings is slow with a poor long kicking game. Doueihi is awesome at times but goes missing about 80% of the time. Laurie is more consistent than Doueihi but he played one top tier game last season. Laurie to be fair is probably on significantly less money than the other three players.

We lost Tedesco and Moses and Woods who at that point was playing really well for us in one season and I think we basically improved the following season.

Actually I'm interested to understand why, in previous years, if Tigers went for a player and missed out, for some fans it was some big issue about Tigers lack of pulling power (which is only to be expected for a struggling club) and apparently some kind of terminal embarrassment that we couldn't seal the deal.

But 2022/23, we are similarly being linked to many high-profile players, and either confirming or not denying it in public, and yet not executing those deals is OK?

It all depends on your perspective. I think our recruitment has been pretty good for a while because I view the signings of players like Packer and Reynolds and to a lesser extent Mbye as being club killers.

We've signed Api and IP on fair dollars for next season.

I'm also not confident on signing any good players on fair dollars. I can see us signing Bateman and Moses on massive contracts and they both are hopeless and we repeat this season next season. I suppose it's hard to know when a contract is a good one for the fans.

It’s about timing. If we fail to nab a big name that we are chasing hard for 100% the narrative will switch.

So far we haven’t been successful in Munster which no one thought that was really a possibility, If Klemmer/Leniu/Moses and a few others slip through & the only news is extending Brooks the club will get hammered.

I also think the difference atm is we are moving on alot of the right players as well, the vibe roster wise is more positive based on the exits and the good kids extending.

November 1 tomorrow, meaning:

- Start of the season 2023
- New signings officially join the club
- Non-contracted players officially depart
- Players can sign contracts for 2024
- Preseason training starts for rookies and players on train + trial

Tigers have lacked a reliable long kicking game for years. Brooks has really gone away from it, AD has the spiral bombs but hasn’t shown much, JH has a good short kicking game but no long kicking game.

Every club plays the same recruiting/retention game.
Hindsight says everything - but not practical.
Forward vision required.
Pathways is the only solution - and even then roster management is crucial.
Sheens is one of the smartest, and he's going to be mentoring Benji.
I feel more confidence now than all the years of Taylor-ball, Cleary letdowns and Madge limits.
Will things be perfect - they never are!
But I like the sound of a new and different playing style.

Back