Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Harsh but the truth ...go back and read the original stories ...he was chasing more money from NRL sides originally .....Parra and the Satins from memory .....I understand how hard it is being from your kids ...2 nights and I'm wishing I was home ......but when your story changes when you can't get the money you were chasing ......and then Wigan offers the money you are chasing .......

Don't believe that nonsense.
Ricky was on the cusp of losing
His job around the same time.

Reactions: 851
I’d take woods back for 1 year. He will put in 110% to make up for the biggest mistake of his career and he will most likely be playing reserve grade this will offer our young up and coming players some great leadership

For s
Woods giving his all ....yea right
He looked great at 13 but gives the impression doesn't want to play there.

Don't think he has what it takes for a leadership role.

If we could find a position for Adam Doueihi I'd much prefer Adam as captain or leader.
I don’t have any insider knowledge, I’m just a fan, but you get the impression with Hastings that he is a team first man. Doueihi projects as a bit more focused on himself. For sure he is a competitor and wants to win, but the story goes that Robbie F convinced him to come to the Tigers with a c’mon line like “you can be just another player at the Roosters or a superstar at the Tiges”. Nothing wrong with that but you need a team first player as your leader. Think Wayne Pearce. Would take 3 hitups in a set and get smashed each time by 3 monsters who had 20kgs on him. Or the Chief who would push off the back fence or smash someone when they needed a lift.

For s

I don’t have any insider knowledge, I’m just a fan, but you get the impression with Hastings that he is a team first man. Doueihi projects as a bit more focused on himself. For sure he is a competitor and wants to win, but the story goes that Robbie F convinced him to come to the Tigers with a c’mon line like “you can be just another player at the Roosters or a superstar at the Tiges”. Nothing wrong with that but you need a team first player as your leader. Think Wayne Pearce. Would take 3 hitups in a set and get smashed each time by 3 monsters who had 20kgs on him. Or the Chief who would push off the back fence or smash someone when they needed a lift.

AD has more history if you hear his interviews it's I was a tigers fan growing up, went through the balmain juniors, farah is a mentor to him. I've never heard a player have an issue with him.

Hastings had one season with us not any history.

Getting worried now if it’s true we have fallen off chasing KLEMMER , I thought this was a done deal , we have let go of so many forwards yet not ONE replacement, if sheens doesn’t deliver at least 3 class forwards then we are in big trouble

Looking at signing a lot of old blokes though
Heaps of young blokes, and not so many ready for the rigours of a full season of first grade. I don’t mind a few old heads. We need them. Stef, Pole, Blore are only early 20’s. Joe O, Papalii, Twal mid 20’s. Bateman and Klemmer are a bit older but still in their 20’s. Hardly Dad’s Army if that’s how it pans out. You need a few 200+ gamers in your pack, a few proven FG standard guys who can play 20 games consistently each season and a couple of up and comers who bring energy even if they coming off the bench or squeeze out 10-15 FG games in the season while still working on their game. Add an X Factor and all of a sudden you have a pretty good pack. Papalii and Api K are definitely X Factor. Bateman was in his first NRL stint. Mixed feelings on Woods. He’s clearly past his best but he is a Tigers man deep down and that counts for something. It’s nice to have a few guys in your squad that wanted to be Tigers players when they were kids. Footy is tribal.

“Massive boost” is a stretch…how can these players love the club when they walked out on it. Toxic relationship.
Putting aside the creative content, I reckon Wood’s walked out on Jason Taylor not the Tigers. Same with Teddy. The club was all over the shop at the time and has never really recovered. JT’s tenure as coach was an abject disaster in terms of player retention and club culture.

AD has more history if you hear his interviews it's I was a tigers fan growing up, went through the balmain juniors, farah is a mentor to him. I've never heard a player have an issue with him.

Hastings had one season with us not any history.
I'm all for history if it is good history ...good times at the WT's are almost Ancient History ...even beyond Modern History .....

We need a completely new game plan ...and we went back to Sheens ....Marshall .....Farah

I'd almost rather be hopping on the bus with Iv again lol

You are obviously not on Insta? He has been low key crying about not being 7 for a while on Insta and liking every sob story that he is getting harshly dealt with.
You’re right. I’m not on Insta. If that’s the case, his coach and /or manager should be telling him to spend less time on social media and more time down at the oval doing some sprint training!

You’re right. I’m not on Insta. If that’s the case, his coach and /or manager should be telling him to spend less time on social media and more time down at the oval doing some sprint training!
Hastings has no loyalty to WT, he is loyal to himself and what he can salvage of his career and we will see that playing out over the next couple of months.

Putting aside the creative content, I reckon Wood’s walked out on Jason Taylor not the Tigers. Same with Teddy. The club was all over the shop at the time and has never really recovered. JT’s tenure as coach was an abject disaster in terms of player retention and club culture.
Teddy openly said he like working with Taylor

Exactly ...our youth policy ...at least they aren't 40 .......spots 29 and 30 Benji and Robbie

Sheens is just BSing everyone ..and many fans are falling for his crap ...and forgetting we were organizing lynching parties after 2012 .....
Bring Gareth Ellis back. Ellery Hanley even. He played for both Wests and Balmain so perfectly qualified. He probably still goes alright for a 60 year old too. Cameron Smith was still going alright well into his fifties.

Further in the same article Matt Doorey to the Eels. While having no backrowers under contract, we are chasing an over the hill player that walked out on this club before being rejected by 3 more.
Doorey is nothing special.
Woods short term low cost contract is the way to go.
If he fits the bill for Sheens than that’s that.

Latest posts

Back