Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Donā€™t know if weā€™ve got anything like this in place at the moment, havenā€™t heard about it if we do.

Clubs do have to be very careful about the people they place young players with too, have spoken to a current NRL player (not with us) about being treated really poorly by a family they got placed with when they were only 16-17 moving to Australia for the first time.

I know when Rob Lui was with us he was living with a lady in Drummoyne ( i think) along with another young bloke. So we did do it back then im not sure if we do now but im sure there are some sort of arrangements for the younger kids from out of town.

Interesting article from Riccio
Could Sheens possible land Bateman and Nannai and let go Douhie for 2023
Pack
8. Joffa
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papali
12. Nannai
13. Bateman

7 Brooks

6. Laurie

5. Ken M

4. Naden

3. Kepoa / Starford

2. Nofo

1. Staines

If Douhie was to be moved on Laurie could play 6 and we would still have 2 spots left
It would be the best forward pack in the comp and the worst backline.

It would be the best forward pack in the comp and the worst backline.
Yep. None of the backline does it for me. Nofo wouldn't be bad if he just runs straight and not prance around all the time.

Centre , after front rowers is the biggest issue we've had for a long time. No idea why we got Naden on a longer deal. He can't defend and his hands arnt great.

Can we just have a couple decent centres for a change

Yep. None of the backline does it for me. Nofo wouldn't be bad if he just runs straight and not prance around all the time.

Centre , after front rowers is the biggest issue we've had for a long time. No idea why we got Naden on a longer deal. He can't defend and his hands arnt great.

Can we just have a couple decent centres for a change
Noffa is at his best off the back of quick play the balls and the team going forward.

If we can actually do that, heā€™ll be hard to handle if he goes looking for work.

That's very debatable.

I think in 1989 its fair to rate the Tigers pack slightly better, but not by much. However 1990 I give it to Canberra over Penrith comfortably.
Really? Tigers had it all over raiders. Walters, Clyde, Lazo all young punks. Coyne, lance and Todd ok players.
Junior, Siro, Maguire, blocker, benny. Not close at all imo.
Id rate the Panthers pack better too the year after. Stuart's kicking game compensated

Reactions: 851
Brown fits the ball-playing lock role Sheens wants. He's as good as any forward when it comes to ball playing, it was like he was playing halfback for Italy at the world cup. I'd be more than happy to land him for a couple years with Parra paying some of his deal.
I agree , he would do a good job for two years until the kid get up to speed .
BUT I am sure there are people on this forum who have no idea about football and make their decisions on players past , yes he left us back then but he is what this club needs now , MONGREL , for too long now we have been walked over , what we are building now we will complete with the big boys

Reactions: 851
Back