Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He dropped marquee players to reserve grade because they weren’t performing. No coach comes in to the squad he did and has success. Cleary and Pascoe rooted the club for 5 years.
I honestly believe Madge just wasn’t here at the rite time. With a coach like Madge he can only get the best out of players for a couple of seasons then they just end up busted and over his tough training. Alex Johnson told me him self. So if Madge happened to be here when we had a better roster who knows what would have happened

Just reading about the appointment of former Wallaby Berrick Barnes as Knights kicking and backs coach. Be interesting to watch their kicking game and goal kicking stats in 23.
Such a critical part of the game. I’m not sure who is in charge of that at WT.

the previous admin would have extended all of there contracts by now

I disagree with this assessment. I think Sheens tried to sign them and he may have even signed Brooks longer term.

They wanted more dollars than Sheens was prepared to offer. He also wants to decrease Brooks salary.

Just reading about the appointment of former Wallaby Berrick Barnes as Knights kicking and backs coach. Be interesting to watch their kicking game and goal kicking stats in 23.
Such a critical part of the game. I’m not sure who is in charge of that at WT.
Will be interesting to see how many times they kick it out on the full from inside their 20m line

I would have thought if MM was staying at Parramatta he would have resigned by now. IMO 2nd best half back in the comp with the best long kicking game, defends strong now and has a super running game. At his peak of his powers, come home Mitch!!
MM has very Shrewd representation and the added fact they are blood relatives.

They are brill at the game.

MM will stay at the Eels on mega money.

Last edited:
Could be Mitch just sick of his employer after 7 years that does not get mentioned
Yeah I thought that too. Plus I like what the Sheens and Co are doing, seems to have a different vibe about the place which makes it more attractive to lure players to the club.

Also Brooks and Moses played together when they were a bit younger I think and it would be a great swansong for them both the play together again for a couple of years.

I know we have heard this time and time again, but perhaps MM is the key to unlocking Luke Brooks. Mentally he would feel some pressure taken off, he'd be happy being surrounded by players and coaches he likes (with much more ability and a forward pack laying a platform), and if we can string a few wins on the trot together, who knows what that will do for team morale.

It could, of course, never work out but I like the sound of it.

Hopefully AD can learn the spiral kickoff Patty Richards used to do
You could almost feel sorry for someone trying to catch some of Pat’s spiral kick offs.
I remember one time at Brokie he was kicking them into the corner and their winger was trying to catch them looking directly into the sun.
One of the commentators said that was cruel.😂

I honestly believe Madge just wasn’t here at the rite time. With a coach like Madge he can only get the best out of players for a couple of seasons then they just end up busted and over his tough training. Alex Johnson told me him self. So if Madge happened to be here when we had a better roster who knows what would have happened
I truly think the game has passed Madge…. Doubt he will ever gig a NRL head coaching gig again

Latest posts

Back