Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

As much as the cowboys result hurt, I think allowing WT to have the decision overturned after the fact would set quite the dangerous precedent moving forward. Probably a good thing in the long run that it was not taken any further.
Agree 100% but Klein should have been stood down for the rest of the year as a result.

Doesn't change the fact we lost but would have at least got something from the worst decision I have ever seen on a football field.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed The Pom comes on and gives us a pre Xmas update before the weekend , he’s always pretty good with updates , would like to Also know if there are any standouts at pre season this far
@THE_POM or @CCTW delivering a Christmas update would be as good as Santa! Recruitment progress & 'training the house down' players is on my list too.

Just as a matter of interest ….. first time today I saw that Will Smith is now listed on our top WT squad roster.
Does that mean he's been upgraded from a train and trial contract ? I tipped this when he first signed, but i thought mid year if the halves didn;t work out. Maybe AD or Laurie want a release ?

Fingers crossed The Pom comes on and gives us a pre Xmas update before the weekend , he’s always pretty good with updates , would like to Also know if there are any standouts at pre season this far
In their last updates they said that Talau, Matamua & Blore have been impressive.

Does that mean he's been upgraded from a train and trial contract ? I tipped this when he first signed, but i thought mid year if the halves didn;t work out. Maybe AD or Laurie want a release ?
We seriously cannot have Laurie & Smith be our backup halves next season surely there's a plan we aren't aware of?

Thanks mate, then if that is the case we need to worry because that is not good to hear at all.

Reilly is one of the most ill informed recruitments i have ever seen. How can a kid that played outside back in both league and union, now train as a half in the NRL. That will do me.

This is where Sheens recruitment scares me. Under the covers we are skinn and bone and no muscle. You have 2 halves (and i use AD loosely as a 5/8 as i dont rate him as a 5/8) yet have no back ups. Is he hoping that Benji pulls the boots on again???

You could go get Mason Lino (Wakefield) or Jai Field (Wigan) and pay them more than what they get in Super League to act as your backup for a year.
It scares me how ordinary the production of halves is across the league to be honest.
Reilly played 5/8 most of his junior career

Back to football, when i think about this year, we really had no international or top class forwards except for Offa. No wonder we got hammered. With Klem, Api, and Papi giving the grunt,and aggression,along with Offa and the other promising kids,we have potentially a great pack,
With about 3 mill or more of unsigned players, we have a lot of capacity to still buy big for 2024.
Moses and Bateman would be nice, but there will be others just as good around the corner.

Lee is a narcissistic, egomaniac with no rugby league IQ.

He has found public fame in the Tigers Chairman position.

Good luck getting rid of him.

Ha ha I heard that I also heard that a few of the senior players have his ear they bypass the coach and he laps it up makes him feel very special like one of the boys put a jersey on him play him in the 17

Just as a matter of interest ….. first time today I saw that Will Smith is now listed on our top WT squad roster.
If you're basing that off the profiles on the club’s website, they also have Development Players listed on there.

He could’ve been given a Development Contract? They’re not dependant on age or anything, contrary to belief.

Although, I remember at the start of this year, James Roberts was on a train-and-trial contract over pre-season and wasn’t officially announced as entering the Top 30 until he got picked to start in Round 1.

If Smith is in first grade early in the year we’ll know, unless they do another Top 30 update (which they hopefully will do after Bateman’s announced).

Benji is showing them all up apparently 😂

Latest posts

Members online

Back