Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This is a waste of a contract. We have heaps of middle forwards. We need some gun backs including halves and/or fullback.
100% agree we got middles like Pole & Stef who should have increased roles to further development. I am seriously concerned if they plan on heading into season 2023 with only AD & Brooks as our recognised halves.

I think we had to give Bateman something extra to convince him to come here. We have to remember we got the spoon guys people aren’t lining up to come here. I’m hoping the 4th year is a mutual option

I think we had to give Bateman something extra to convince him to come here. We have to remember we got the spoon guys people aren’t lining up to come here. I’m hoping the 4th year is a mutual option

I don't like a 4 year contract but let's see how he goes. The issue to me is that we may have better options coming through.

Has this been quoted or are you guessing.
More just running off the 6 or so articles naming him as one of the dominoes to fall as soon as the cap was announced, along with Tapau to Parra and Lodge to resign properly for the roosters

Nobody else was after Bateman as far as i am aware because his form in the UK did not warrant a contract

Nobody else was after Bateman as far as i am aware because his form in the UK did not warrant a contract
Yeah but he’s still an international level second rower we seen that at the World Cup and where weren’t trying to convince him to change from 1 Sydney club to another where trying to convince him to move half way across the world

This is a waste of a contract. We have heaps of middle forwards. We need some gun backs including halves and/or fullback.
We need a proper halfback for sure. I think Laurie could be a good fullback playing off a decent 7 who can create and make good decisions

Back