Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

What’s happened to lodge is he signed for the roooters or is he still looking ?????
On another matter, just looking at your stats, very impressive.
642 posts and 2144 reactions, that's a high ratio. Obviously you're appealing to the masses, will need to monitor your input more closely.
Congrats.

I'm not sure it's that simple? If we are urging Brooks (among other players) to pitch an improved environment to Moses in the knowledge that he has declared his interest in reuniting with Brooks because he has played his best football with him, then isn't it on the club to show some proof of their intentions. If they were to walk away or show the slightest disinterest, then I'm suggesting this is what could be causing a delay? That and the issue of 23. Thats all I'm saying. I think Brooks and Moses still have the same manager, don't they?
Brooks played his best football under Ivan Cleary.

His worst football was the Moses + Brooks Partnership. Although 2022 may have disproven that. The word "turnstyle" was used frequently, and they were often compared to a swimming pool gate (unsure why, those gates usually wacked me in the Gonads and were hard to get through)

It seemed their personalities did not gel well together. They sucked and the biggest issue was defence, yet both have improved in this.

Isaac Moses played us like a fiddle when Moses, Tedesco and Sharon left, for more money. No one at the club was switched on enough to realise it at the time.
Nope.

The club was "switched on" to it at the time. The problem was the club wasn't switched on to it that the 3 players, Tedesco, Moses and Brooks had their contracts coming up at the same time. Sharon then wanted to "stay"* and signed with the same manager.

*whatever you make of that.

Agree. Another point is when kids fly through the lower grades they have no reason to develop. They coast along till they reach NRL level then struggle because they're development plateaued
1, Clubs like ours ususally don't have the luxury to hold players back due to depth issues.
2. A young halfback introduced into a stronger side with strong forwards has a distinct advantage over those in weaker teams.

What’s happened to lodge is he signed for the roooters or is he still looking ?????
I wouldn't say no to Lodge at the right price.

I don't see why other clubs should get to sign him just because his shocking behaviour was at our club. IMHO it should be the other way around, the bad behaving player gets locked to a club, not allowed to break contracts and negotiate for more money.

Brooks played his best football under Ivan Cleary.

His worst football was the Moses + Brooks Partnership. Although 2022 may have disproven that. The word "turnstyle" was used frequently, and they were often compared to a swimming pool gate (unsure why, those gates usually wacked me in the Gonads and were hard to get through)

It seemed their personalities did not gel well together. They sucked and the biggest issue was defence, yet both have improved in this.
Maybe it was " a phase they were going through" coz traditionally they had been super together.
Ivan did bring out the best in Brooks, whether it was a personal project or the type of football we played.
I'm prepared to see if it works again playing Sheensball !

I wouldn't say no to Lodge at the right price.

I don't see why other clubs should get to sign him just because his shocking behaviour was at our club. IMHO it should be the other way around, the bad behaving player gets locked to a club, not allowed to break contracts and negotiate for more money.
Don't we have enough forwards now ? Doubt he would be on our radar.

Several people on here also said that Moses was meeting with us on Thursday and an announcement was imminent.
So neither happened ?
Who can you believe, only an official announcement I'd say, the rest is drivel.
100% correct. Deep down in our heart of hearts, we want to believe the rumours that favour us, but they are just as rubbish as the heat coming out of Buzz's mouth.

What's been made very clear over the past 8 weeks is that absolutely nobody knows anything, and it's what we've all been crying out for as Tigers fans, instead of the mad hatter spruiking all the details to the world.

I Moses holds all the cards while there are no deadlines in place and let's face it they don't work well for us . Don't trust the bloke he is likely to be negotiating a deal for Brooks under the premise of them being together get that done - then come back and say sorry Parra has upped their offer and Moses is staying put.

I Moses holds all the cards while there are no deadlines in place and let's face it they don't work well for us . Don't trust the bloke he is likely to be negotiating a deal for Brooks under the premise of them being together get that done - then come back and say sorry Parra has upped their offer and Moses is staying put.

Fair enough when you have an option for 24 with parra anyway.

Back